Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Our Secondary

hambone35

2 hours ago, Breeze said:

Probably need to chill.  We’ve lost 2 games to top 10 QBs.  We were in both games and the secondary made some nice plays in each.  Stafford had a lot of time to pick on us today.  No NFL secondary can stick to receivers that long.

Lawrence is not a top 10 QB

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Jags offense did not look great this morning. 

They haven’t looked great in any game.  Not even ours (their best game).  He just made a few big time throws but our lack of a running game gifted them that win.

Outside of Moore and Flowers at times (who I fear is lost for the year if there has been an injury update I’ve missed it) they have struggled but we knew they were going too with how young they are.  

I don’t want Moore’s performance to get lost because he’s looking like he old Kenny Moore out there and has played well even if the unit hasn’t as a whole.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

No DB’s could cover for as long as Stafford had back there in the pocket.  Our front 7 let down the backend.  The Bengals just mauled the Rams all game last week.  We let him get too comfortable for long stretches of the game.

The rams oline was what defined the game.  When they played well the Rams couldn’t be stopped.  When they struggled the Colts defense controlled the game.  Credit the Rams line they came to play today.  Sometimes the other team wins.

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

The rams oline was what defined the game.  When they played well the Rams couldn’t be stopped.  When they struggled the Colts defense controlled the game.  Credit the Rams line they came to play today.  Sometimes the other team wins.

Stanford’s injury  I think was a big reason colts were able to come back

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Stanford’s injury  I think was a big reason colts were able to come back

And he got hurt because the Colts d-line was pounding him because they were winning up front at that point of the game.  Then the Rams line took back over and the Colts stopped getting to Stafford.  I also think the defense wore out at end, I brought this up when they lost the toss they were out there for three very quick drives with very little rest and they looked spent on that drive in overtime.

33 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Is there any word in what Fliers injured and how bad it is?     Thnx. 

i believe lower leg. but im also guessing, was kinda hard to see his number, i think it was flowers.

4 hours ago, AKB said:

i believe lower leg. but im also guessing, was kinda hard to see his number, i think it was flowers.

Thnx. 

Yeah….  I didn’t see the numbers but I hard a broadcaster say his name.   And I saw a shot of him reaching for his ankle, or maybe his Achilles.    

Hoping for the best….  

15 hours ago, John Waylon said:

It was tough to see him that wide open. Like, of all the dudes to lose on that offense, they lose him

Ouch. 

Moore attempted to convey how he and Juju would handle the coverage.

Juju didn’t pick it up.

Flowers had a number of really good plays. 

Juju couldn't quite get there all day.

Blackmon imo has poor recognition in zone.

I felt we were better with Leonard on the bench.

And our 2nd team DT's were abused.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Breeze said:

My apologies.  I was going off of what experts and stats are saying.  I wrongfully ignored the opinions of opposing fans.

His stats don't "SAY" he's a top 10 QB.  Not even close.  How about you look up his stats and come back to us.  Explain how his stats "say" he's a top ten QB.  He has 4 TDs in 4 games, and two of those were against us.  Regarding the "experts", a lot of them were predicting that he would become a top 10 "elite" QB this year....That he would make that jump, so to speak.  Hasn't happened yet.  At all.  It's a big complaint of Jags fans at the moment.  All the experts were saying how this was their year, and that Trevor Lawrence would become the elite QB that the Jags have never had. He's the same as he was last year, except worse so far.  Last year he had a pretty good year.  This year he's been mediocre.  Not top 10 by any stretch of the imagination.  

• Thanks 1

The reason the secondary looked so horrible is because the dline couldn’t get to Stafford fast enough. He was dropping dimes in there all day, and Kenny got a int because he was on that WR like glue. That isn’t going to happen every play with how accurate Stafford is. 

the difference yesterday was the dline not able to get to him fast enough, but they were able to in all previous games. 

regardless of the pass rush, the last play was atrocious by the secondary, and even if the refs weren’t calling some obvious calls on the rams, most of the calls were good calls on the Colts. Have to clean that up big time, and regroup for the TN game. I’m ready to beat these guys because out of everyone in the league, the titans fans are the worst. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

The reason the secondary looked so horrible is because the dline couldn’t get to Stafford fast enough. He was dropping dimes in there all day, and Kenny got a int because he was on that WR like glue. That isn’t going to happen every play with how accurate Stafford is. 

the difference yesterday was the dline not able to get to him fast enough, but they were able to in all previous games. 

regardless of the pass rush, the last play was atrocious by the secondary, and even if the refs weren’t calling some obvious calls on the rams, most of the calls were good calls on the Colts. Have to clean that up big time, and regroup for the TN game. I’m ready to beat these guys because out of everyone in the league, the titans fans are the worst. 

Completely agree with everything you said, especially the Titans fans being the worst. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

And he got hurt because the Colts d-line was pounding him because they were winning up front at that point of the game.  Then the Rams line took back over and the Colts stopped getting to Stafford.  I also think the defense wore out at end, I brought this up when they lost the toss they were out there for three very quick drives with very little rest and they looked spent on that drive in overtime.

Franklin looked so * when he lost the coin toss he forgot to tell the ref which way to kick lol.

5 hours ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

blitz more .the guy was hobbling back there but Gus refused to send more than 4

2022 DB's

• Stephone Gilmore - allowed to leave to finish his career with a team that's not rebuilding
  • Isaiah Rodgers - made some big plays to earn the start
  • Brandon Facyson - released after ok season / not worth re-signing
  • Kenny Moore - nickel corner that seriously underperformed from his 2021 pro bowl season

2023 intended DB's

• Isaiah Rodgers - cut from the team for gambling on the team
  • Dallis Flowers - part time returner showed promise / injured for year
  • JuJu Brents - 2nd round pick coming off injury
  • Kenny Moore

2023 DB's as of week 5

• JuJu Brents - 2nd round pick without any preseason
  • Darrell Baker - free agent JAG
  • Jaylon Jones - 7th round pick
  • Kenny Moore

Whew!!!

17 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

2022 DB's

• Stephone Gilmore - allowed to leave to finish his career with a team that's not rebuilding
  • Isaiah Rodgers - made some big plays to earn the start
  • Brandon Facyson - released after ok season / not worth re-signing
  • Kenny Moore - nickel corner that seriously underperformed from his 2021 pro bowl season

2023 intended DB's

• Isaiah Rodgers - cut from the team for gambling on the team
  • Dallis Flowers - part time returner showed promise / injured for year
  • JuJu Brents - 2nd round pick coming off injury
  • Kenny Moore

2023 DB's as of week 5

• JuJu Brents - 2nd round pick without any preseason
  • Darrell Baker - free agent JAG
  • Jaylon Jones - 7th round pick
  • Kenny Moore

Whew!!!

This whew is correct and should be the coupe de grah to us winning much here to four. Just enjoy what offense Steichen and AR perform.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2023 at 4:34 PM, hambone35 said:

Good night, people wide open etc we really need some corners who can play tight man etc..  Stafford just obliterated our secondary

I don’t ever understand what Gus plans are. Like how do you let someone best player best you all game. Like we have to start making teams beat us left handed. Like I know going in that game Puka and higbee are top priority on any crucial down or play. And I don’t understand why we get big physical corners but let everyone have free releases 

3 hours ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

Secondary won't be be issue this week.  TN does not throw much.  I think this is going to be Henry and Spears.   That little new RB looks awfully good.  He has more YPC than Bijan and Gibbs and is doing it quietly behind the King.  

It’s gonna be the bootleg that always kill us 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jbaron04 said:

I don’t ever understand what Gus plans are. Like how do you let someone best player best you all game. Like we have to start making teams beat us left handed. Like I know going in that game Puka and higbee are top priority on any crucial down or play. And I don’t understand why we get big physical corners but let everyone have free releases 

What’s crazy is, in the Jags game they put Kenny on Ridley the second half and he limited him to just 1 catch for 9 yards. Idk why he didn’t do the same with Puka. He needs to move to more man when the opposing team has a guy like Puka who they are trying to force the ball too.

All Puka was doing was finding the soft spots in the zone and sitting down. 

• Like 1

On 10/2/2023 at 5:48 AM, Breeze said:

My apologies.  I was going off of what experts and stats are saying.  I wrongfully ignored the opinions of opposing fans.

Check the numbers. He’s not that this year. 

On 10/2/2023 at 12:45 PM, hoosierhawk said:

By your rating? Looked up 5 different ratings and all 5 had him in the top 10. (ESPN,CBS sports, NFL.com, Fox Sports and PFF)

I just looked up the QB ratings and 3rd year starter Lawrence is 17th with an 89 rating while 3rd game rookie Richardson is 22nd with an 85.4 rating. Pretty darn close.  As for QBR, they’re reversed and Richardson is 17th & Lawrence is 22nd.  Those were ESPN stats. So show me where these others had him top 10 and by what metrics?