Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL.com win total projection by Cynthia Frelund

Solid84

12 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I hope so. Definitely want us to do well. It's more of a prove-it-to-me thing now. As I don't believe it until I see it now. Hopefully Richardson is our QB of the future. I'd rather be positive than negative, I really would. This organization has been a clown show since Luck retired, and Richardson needs to get it on track. 

2019:   7-9

2020:   11-5

2021:     9-8

2022:    4-12-1

Some “clown show” ?!?    How you’ve suffered.    If the Colts are a clown show to you then I’d expect so are the Denver broncos, your other favorite football team?   Hugely over paid for Russell Wilson who flopped and hired the wrong head coach who didn’t even complete one year.   Fair is fair.  

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Some “clown show” ?!?    How you’ve suffered.    If the Colts are a clown show to you then I’d expect so are the Denver broncos, your other favorite football team?   Hugely over paid for Russell Wilson who flopped and hired the wrong head coach who didn’t even complete one year.   Fair is fair.  

You know exactly what I mean by a "clown show." Luck retiring, Leonard missing a bunch of time after a name change (although i agree it had nothing to do with that). Collapsing in two straight games to miss the playoffs, Saturday embarrassing the team after Irsay made him the intern HC with no experience, Taylor holding out in the worst way, and a team that is probably bottom 5 in talent after 7 years with Ballard in charge.

We finally have a new QB and realistic hope for the first time, but as I said, I'll believe it when I see it. As for the Broncos, they won a SB in 2015, while the Colts last won one in 2006, so they still have some leeway, though I admit they have been terrible too. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Eh, can't speak for anyone else, but I'd rather we suck a few years and at least have the draft to look forward to than be stuck in mediocre hell.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Eh, can't speak for anyone else, but I'd rather we suck a few years and at least have the draft to look forward to than be stuck in mediocre hell.

I understand.   And this would appear to be that year.   The Colts should be sub-500, and the team should be rewarded with a top 5-10 pick in what looks to be a very very strong 2024 draft.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

I understand.   And this would appear to be that year.   The Colts should be sub-500, and the team should be rewarded with a top 5-10 pick in what looks to be a very very strong 2024 draft.

Yeah, I think think we're drafting top 10 this year and I'm fine with it really. I guess it's down to expectations. Last season was PAINFUL to watch but then expectations were quite a bit higher then.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

I trust the players and coaches who think this team could make the playoffs. Everything else is “noise”

All players and coaches think their team can make the playoffs. Especially publicly. Even the Arizona Cardinals will say publicly they can make the playoffs. Vegas shows probability with odds. It's more likely than not they will be in the ballpark. 

• Like 2

On 9/4/2023 at 2:43 PM, Solid84 said:

Cynthia Frelund posted her win total projections for the AFC and NFC on NFL.com

Win Total Projections

Colts are dead last in the AFC with 5.3 wins - Ceiling 7.9, Floor 4.7.

League wide only the Cardinals have a lower win projection at 3.9. The Rams have a lower floor of 4.5.

If they play hard and gain valuable experience while losing close games, I am good with drafting Marvin Harrison Jr. next year!!!! Or trade out of number 1 and gain a boat load of additional draft picks!

12 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

if our rookie qb looks bad we may be in line for caleb williams

I think he’ll be fine. I’m really excited to watch Richardson this year. He has superstar potential 

But, if not - we have a huge decision to make. A LOT of talented QB’s coming out this year to choose from. 

I’ve never seen this much depth at QB in a draft class:

There is a legit debate that any of the following QB’s could be first round picks in 2024. 

Caleb Williams

Drake Maye

Quinn Ewers

Bo Nix

Michael Penix Jr

Shedeur Sanders

Riley Leonard

JJ McCarthy

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

I think he’ll be fine. I’m really excited to watch Richardson this year. He has superstar potential 

But, if not - we have a huge decision to make. A LOT of talented QB’s coming out this year to choose from. 

There is a legit debate that any of the following QB’s could be first round picks in 2024. 

Caleb Williams

Drake Maye

Quinn Ewers

Bo Nix

Michael Penix Jr

Shedeur Sanders

Riley Leonard

JJ McCarthy

ballards method of roster filling may put us in line for the next top qb in the nfl

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Caleb Williams

Drake Maye

Quinn Ewers

Bo Nix

Michael Penix Jr

Shedeur Sanders

Riley Leonard

JJ McCarthy

Two are special, Williams and Maye.   Both are considerably better than any quarterback from the 23 class.  

The rest are good to very good and can get better.  But I’m not reading anything yet that says any of the rest might be special.   That could change in the next 3-4 months, I’m just saying as of now. 

• 3 months later...
On 9/10/2023 at 12:10 AM, NewColtsFan said:

Two are special, Williams and Maye.   Both are considerably better than any quarterback from the 23 class.  

The rest are good to very good and can get better.  But I’m not reading anything yet that says any of the rest might be special.   That could change in the next 3-4 months, I’m just saying as of now. 

I disagree 

• Like 1

On 9/6/2023 at 9:40 AM, chad72 said:

6-9 based on how a few games go was always my gut feeling at the beginning of the season, it hasn't changed.

I just don't see us winning double digit games but that is OK.

Hey, since you bumped this from 3 months ago, just wanted to say I stand by what I said on September 6th (see above). 6-9 based on how a few close games went - Ravens, Titans road game went our way and here we are, on the cusp of 9. 

I hope I eat my words for the bolded above because it is NOT OK, to not have double digit wins, now that I am tasting the cusp of playoff football, LOL :) 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Hey, since you bumped this from 3 months ago, just wanted to say I stand by what I said on September 6th (see above). 6-9 based on how a few close games went - Ravens, Titans road game went our way and here we are, on the cusp of 9. 

I hope I eat my words for the bolded above because it is NOT OK, to not have double digit wins, now that I am tasting the cusp of playoff football, LOL :) 

I think if most are honest there are where you are on all of this then and now,

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

I really did think we might beat the (I thought lowly) Texans at home, and struggle to win a second game the entire season.  Man am I glad to admit being WRONG!!!!!!

On 9/6/2023 at 8:18 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

Cynthia Frelund is an analytics expert. She's probably the smartest female in the business for NFL. I generally trust her for the most part as she puts pride into her work and tries to put her own unique spin on things. Having said that, I do believe that we win around 6 games this year. This year will expose Jonathan Taylor in a big way by showing he made little to no difference in the teams win total. It will show that Richardson and Steichen are ultimately more important than he was, and even with a young team with holes, a rookie QB with high potential and a rookie coach with high potential are more important than an elite RB.

We'll have ups and downs (more downs), but it'll at least be respectable to the point where the games are entertaining IMO. The coaching will actually be at a professional level (unlike Pagano and Reich) where we won't have to worry about random inconsistencies every drive. My patience is thin with this team with all the drama surrounding it, but they have a chance to win me back with their performance on the field. Actions speak louder than words, lets see if the Colts can do anything this year.

I said 6 wins. Looks like we are up to 8 with three games to go. Exceeded my expectations from 3 months ago. Hoping we make the playoffs. 10 wins should do it.

• Like 2

On 9/4/2023 at 7:13 PM, RollerColt said:

It would be cool if the Colts are similar to the Cincinnati Reds. Lots of youth but enough talent to make each game interesting. 

I was hoping for us to be like the Reds this past season and so far, mission accomplished! A team that’s super young but competitive! 

• Thanks 1

On 9/5/2023 at 7:58 AM, bluebombers87 said:

I think the colts will be in the mix in winning the division in the back half of the season, due partly to the weakness in the AFC South and to the underestimated play by the colts.

Ultimately I think we miss winning the division by a slim margin but, I think we win it next year.

We have a new kind of QB and his physicality is off the charts. In this league, I think he can carry the colts assuming no injuries.

While not spot on, I’d say it’s close enough to gloat.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RollerColt said:

I was hoping for us to be like the Reds this past season and so far, mission accomplished! A team that’s super young but competitive! 

That was my Orioles last year. Basically, a Truple A team playing in the Majors. This year, best record in the American League. Look out next year!  Now I’m hopeful for my Colts to duplicate what the Os have done!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jimmy g said:

That was my Orioles last year. Basically, a Truple A team playing in the Majors. This year, best record in the American League. Look out next year!  Now I’m hopeful for my Colts to duplicate what the Os have done!

Heck yeah man! It's awesome to see the Orioles playing good ball! 

• Like 2

Probably going to get a lot of pushback, but I have the Colts at 10-7, beating (Texans(x2), Jaguars , Titans, Rams, Saints, Panthers, Patriots, Bucs and Falcons). Will that be good enough to win the division or get a WC berth? 

My Colts prediction from Sept 8th

• Like 9

It was from simulations based on our roster, coaches, schedule and more.

We've out performed my expectations for this season by a great deal. Steichen has done better than I thought he would and our Oline almost did a worst-to-first type thing this season. I think there's a good chance we end up with 10+ wins this season, but I don't really feel all of it is on the Colts' own merits.

Good for our guys. Hope they get some valuable experience from playing in the playoffs!

6 hours ago, jimmy g said:

ORIOLES?  Baltimore resident?

8 hours ago, smittywerb said:

ORIOLES?  Baltimore resident?

Born there in 1954. Raised 40 miles north in Pa, listening to Chuck Thompson do play by play on WSBA and WBAL. The night I got engaged, we went to Memorial Stadium and watched Jim Palmer beat the Rangers.   Moved to Indiana in 1980. (My Wife is a Hoosier!) My Mom sent me the Sports Pages from Balt Sun, Balt News American, York Gazette, and York Daily Record. Colts followed me to Indiana in 1984.

• Like 3

On 12/17/2023 at 9:10 PM, chad72 said:

Don’t forget we should actually be at 9 wins if not for the refs against Cleveland.  I think this roster is actually better than we thought.  I sum it up to coaching.  We look much closer to the team from 2 years ago than last years team with largely the same roster all 3 seasons. 

5 hours ago, ArmchairQB said:

Don’t forget we should actually be at 9 wins if not for the refs against Cleveland.  I think this roster is actually better than we thought.  I sum it up to coaching.  We look much closer to the team from 2 years ago than last years team with largely the same roster all 3 seasons. 

I see it as the Refs blew it in the Cleveland game, but also blew it , giving us the win in the Ravens game on Speed’s probable interference. So we’re 8 wins either way. In the end, we are what we are. Bad enough to struggle to beat Carolina and New England- but good enough to have gone toe to toe the NFL’s best teams.

9 hours ago, jimmy g said:

Born there in 1954. Raised 40 miles north in Pa, listening to Chuck Thompson do play by play on WSBA and WBAL. The night I got engaged, we went to Memorial Stadium and watched Jim Palmer beat the Rangers.   Moved to Indiana in 1980. (My Wife is a Hoosier!) My Mom sent me the Sports Pages from Balt Sun, Balt News American, York Gazette, and York Daily Record. Colts followed me to Indiana in 1984.

Nice!  I was born in raised in Baltimore and currently reside there!  Somehow I ended up being a colts fan lol

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, coltsorioles said:

Cynthia Freeland knows nothing more then the average fan. Sho has a great job and just goes on a computer and pc's games close to the spread. She is just a fraud.

This isn't true at all. That's like saying Mel Kiper doesn't know more than the average fan about the draft. She knows infinitely more than the average fan. We may know more about the Colts specifically than her, but she knows more about all 32 teams and each individual player than the average fan. The average fan doesn't know much tbh. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, jimmy g said:

I live in Rochester NY and I grew up watching our AAA minor league Red Wings when they were the Orioles top farm team.  Boy did I see some great Oriole greats play on there way to the Orioles.  Great memories.  Hated to see them leave.  Will always be a Orioles fan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/19/2023 at 9:54 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

This isn't true at all. That's like saying Mel Kiper doesn't know more than the average fan about the draft. She knows infinitely more than the average fan. We may know more about the Colts specifically than her, but she knows more about all 32 teams and each individual player than the average fan. The average fan doesn't know much tbh. 

Well it would be a challenge to get me to believe she isn’t part of the media hyping up certain teams over the others.  Her latest playoff bracket is further proof of that.   It’s a money game and controversy equals views and therefore equals money.  I won’t say she is a fraud.  But she is far from a savant.

• Like 1