Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Podcasts?

Nesjan3

Hey guys, so Pat sold out to ESPN. So happy for him and the boys getting a huge bag of money. But for me and many many others the reason I gravitated to his show was because it was not ESPN. Its never going to be the same. I won't be listening any longer. So I need to find some new podcasts to fill the void. Whats everyones favorite Colts podcast on youtube? Already listen to the Bring the Juice guys btw. Thanks have a great summer everyone.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Hey guys, so Pat sold out to ESPN. So happy for him and the boys getting a huge bag of money. But for me and many many others the reason I gravitated to his show was because it was not ESPN. Its never going to be the same. I won't be listening any longer. So I need to some new podcasts to fill the void. Whats everyones favorite Colts podcast on youtube? Already listen to the Bring the Juice guys btw. Thanks have a great summer everyone.

For whatever it’s worth….

Pat did NOT sellout to ESPN.    I don’t know what he’s going to be making, but odds are he’s taking a large pay CUT. 

Fan Duel was paying him $30 mil per year.   4 years and $120m total.   To the best of my knowledge,  Stephen A is the highest paid guy at ESPN at roughly $12m per year.   Odds are Pat will be making less.   So why would he take such a big cut?   For the brand of ESPN.   All of the various channels and platforms.   More eye balls, more listeners and viewers.    He’ll no longer be a big fish in a smaller pond, he’ll be a bigger fish in a bigger ocean with more opportunities.   It’s a long play….

Props to Pat and his crew…. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Pat did NOT sellout to ESPN.    I don’t know what he’s going to be making, but odds are he’s taking a large pay CUT. 

Fan Duel was paying him $30 mil per year.   4 years and $120m total.   To the best of my knowledge,  Stephen A is the highest paid guy at ESPN at roughly $12m per year.   Odds are Pat will be making less.   So why would he take such a big cut?   For the brand of ESPN.   All of the various channels and platforms.   More eye balls, more listeners and viewers.    He’ll no longer be a big fish in a smaller pond, he’ll be a bigger fish in a bigger ocean with more opportunities.   It’s a long play….

I saw 10M. And one of the reasons he is moving is to take some of the pressure of producing the show off. ESPN will pick up that work. With his kid and some of the other guys having kids it is to allow them to have more time. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

7 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I saw 10M. And one of the reasons he is moving is to take some of the pressure of producing the show off. ESPN will pick up that work. With his kid and some of the other guys having kids it is to allow them to have more time. 

Ok maybe he didn't sell out for more money, I dont know the details about that. But the show is going to daytime ESPN TV, a company owned by disney. Its going to unrecognizable. Half the stuff they say will not fly on that network. By sold out I meant he went to a major network when the majority of his fans found him originally because he was the opposite of the major networks.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Nesjan3 said:

Ok maybe he didn't sell out for more money, I dont know the details about that. But the show is going to daytime ESPN TV, a company owned by disney. Its going to unrecognizable. Half the stuff they say will not fly on that network. By sold out I meant he went to a major network when the majority of his fans found him originally because he was the opposite of the major networks.

Pat was already working for Disney, doing Game Day.  

It’s a natural progression as he matures as a broadcaster.  Sure, they’ll have to cut out the profanity, but I expect his show will be basically the same.  

1 hour ago, Nesjan3 said:

Ok….  I think that’s fair.  

But I’d share this….   Clearly you’re not alone.   Plenty of Pat’s fans think as you do.    So much so, that Pat felt compelled to address the issue.    

He said roughly they’re going to be doing the exact same show.   It’s his whole team joining him.   Also said the only slight change would be a little better language — no F-bombs.    But that most of the other rawness of what makes the show popular IS the language.   So, at least he’s on the record.   Will that hold up?   No idea, but I’d bet against it.   What you and other Pat fans fear could easily happen under Disney.   But I’d have to imagine Pat had a long heart-to-heart with Bob Iger, the Disney CEO.  He had to make it clear that part of his popularity IS the rawness of the show.   Will Iger stick to this deal?    I hope so, but I have my doubts.   I’m pulling for Pat and his fans.   I’d like for this to work.  But it IS an odd marriage. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

But I’d share this….   Clearly you’re not alone.   Plenty of Pat’s fans think as you do.    So much so, that Pat felt compelled to address the issue.    

He said roughly they’re going to be doing the exact same show.   It’s his whole team joining him.   Also said the only slight change would be a little better language — no F-bombs.    But that most of the other rawness of what makes the show popular IS the language.   So, at least he’s on the record.   Will that hold up?   No idea, but I’d bet against it.   What you and other Pat fans fear could easily happen under Disney.   But I’d have to imagine Pat had a long heart-to-heart with Bob Iger, the Disney CEO.  He had to make it clear that part of his popularity IS the rawness of the show.   Will Iger stick to this deal?    I hope so, but I have my doubts.   I’m pulling for Pat and his fans.   I’d like for this to work.  But it IS an odd marriage. 

Good post   

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

Hey guys, so Pat sold out to ESPN. So happy for him and the boys getting a huge bag of money. But for me and many many others the reason I gravitated to his show was because it was not ESPN. Its never going to be the same. I won't be listening any longer. So I need to find some new podcasts to fill the void. Whats everyones favorite Colts podcast on youtube? Already listen to the Bring thfe Juice guys btw. Thanks have a great summer everyone.

Pat's show has never been a Colts podcast. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Pat's show has never been a Colts podcast. 

Haha yes I am certainly aware of that. Im just looking for Colts podcasts though. His show was 3 hours everyday I listened to at work. Have to fill those 3 hours with some new content now. 

6 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

Hey guys, so Pat sold out to ESPN. So happy for him and the boys getting a huge bag of money. But for me and many many others the reason I gravitated to his show was because it was not ESPN. Its never going to be the same. I won't be listening any longer. So I need to find some new podcasts to fill the void. Whats everyones favorite Colts podcast on youtube? Already listen to the Bring the Juice guys btw. Thanks have a great summer everyone.

Locked on colts , Kevin’s corner , colts cover 2, colts blue zone they all good just to name a few 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think I disagree with Bring the Juice more than any podcast, but they do put out content frequently.

Locked On is solid though...and has new content frequently. 

Kevin's Corner is a good one, but you will be lucky to get one per week, unless something crazy happens. I find KB to be the most objective person that covers the Colts. 

Colts Cover 2 will have good recaps in season.

I don't like listening to Chappy talk, so I don't listen to the Blue Zone podcast. But that's a personal preference.

I had stopped listening as much during the HC search due to the incessant Saturday bashing that they were all doing. It rubbed me the wrong way. 

• Thanks 2

Keefer and Boyd do a good job on theirs. Name hasn’t been changed yet so it’s still one percent better. I find myself listening to mostly only media podcasts lately. Some of the other podcasts especially the SI ones did too much pushing of Richardson down everyone’s throat. Locked on colts is pretty good since Zach and Jake took over. They have good chemistry. I have a hard time listening to cover 2. Joel and Nate have a terrible chemistry and are always talking over each other. Nate thinks he is the smartest guy in the room. Plus their audio is really bad. I like yo go back and listen to the Indy shows on 1070 if I miss them. Will just listen to the colts segments. Maybe when season starts again I will get back into some of the fan podcasts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, shasta519 said:

I think I disagree with Bring the Juice more than any podcast, but they do put out content frequently.

Locked On is solid though...and has new content frequently. 

Kevin's Corner is a good one, but you will be lucky to get one per week, unless something crazy happens. I find KB to be the most objective person that covers the Colts. 

Colts Cover 2 will have good recaps in season.

I don't like listening to Chappy talk, so I don't listen to the Blue Zone podcast. But that's a personal preference.

I had stopped listening as much during the HC search due to the incessant Saturday bashing that they were all doing. It rubbed me the wrong way. 

Regarding Bring the Juice, I agree they don't always sounds like they really know what they are talking about. They are a pure fan perspective. They put out a lot of vids and its kind of fun to just listen to pure fan talk once in awhile. Kind of like this forum the  homerism and lacking of an unbiased objective opinion annoys me the most.

• Like 1

I listen to them all. The guys on Locked on and Horseshoe Huddle do the best job to me.  

I do think it’s inevitable that Pat will lose something going to ESPN.  I’ve always enjoyed the show except for the way he kisses Rodger’s a s s. I can’t see Ballard going on there and dropping F bombs anymore. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

I listen to them all. The guys on Locked on and Horseshoe Huddle do the best job to me.  

I do think it’s inevitable that Pat will lose something going to ESPN.  I’ve always enjoyed the show except for the way he kisses Rodger’s a s s. I can’t see Ballard going on there and dropping F bombs anymore. 

Thanks ill check them out.

Yup, no more political jokes, no more lewd content, no more swearing, no more controversial topics. No more off topic conversations that have nothing to do with sports. No more guests not affiliated with ESPN.

I dont blame them though, they all have wives and kids now. Whats the thing all the golf players said when they caught crap for signing with LIV "Less work more money" haha. It was the greatest sports show while it lasted.

3 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Thanks ill check them out.

Yup, no more political jokes, no more lewd content, no more swearing, no more controversial topics. No more off topic conversations that have nothing to do with sports. No more guests not affiliated with ESPN.

I dont blame them though, they all have wives and kids now. Whats the thing all the golf players said when they caught crap for signing with LIV "Less work more money" haha. It was the greatest sports show while it lasted.

I’ll give it a chance but I can’t imagine the angry Mel Kiper is going to be the same on draft day each year. 

1 minute ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

I’ll give it a chance but I can’t imagine the angry Mel Kiper is going to be the same on draft day each year. 

Yah I think a lot of people are giving it a chance, hoping for the best but preparing for the worst. I stopped watching all the major networks a long time ago though and not going to start again just to stay with Pat. I had a good 4 year run with the show. Secretly im hoping it doesn't go the way Pat wants and he backs out haha.

It a regular Pat watcher but would expect no F bombs and language improvement and unfortunately, no more Ian Rapoport.  Imagine he gets replaced with Schefter.    Other than that, would expect the exact same show.

Pat would’ve been well suited to go to HBO honestly but fit would’ve been odd

3 minutes ago, Nate! said:

It a regular Pat watcher but would expect no F bombs and language improvement and unfortunately, no more Ian Rapoport.  Imagine he gets replaced with Schefter.    Other than that, would expect the exact same show.

Pat would’ve been well suited to go to HBO honestly but fit would’ve been odd

I dont know man, going to Disney I would expect all the lewd convo, controversial convo, lewd jokes, anything political, and the off sports conversations to be gone. Maybe im wrong though. Hoping I am for the people who are staying on board.

Locked on Colts is the only one I listei just because I like Zack perspective and there's football knowledge.

Kevin Bowen does not post often, but it's good.

Bring the Juice is just a fan side of it and Kent Sterling I really don't like.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Anyone that things Disney won’t step in and make Pat change the show is completely delusional. The second Aaron Rodgers Tuesday rolls around, and Aaron says something that Bob Iger doesn’t like, we’ll see what happens. Heck, with a broadcast delay, we may never even see it.
*TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES*

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, DattMavis said:

Anyone that things Disney won’t step in and make Pat change the show is completely delusional. The second Aaron Rodgers Tuesday rolls around, and Aaron says something that Bob Iger doesn’t like, we’ll see what happens. Heck, with a broadcast delay, we may never even see it.
*TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES*

Lol just wait till TY brings up Zion Williamson double fisting Mcflurries for breakfast or Connor eludes to some vile crap happening on the internet somewhere. Disney is going to come down hard on all that kind of stuff.

19 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

Regarding Bring the Juice, I agree they don't always sounds like they really know what they are talking about. They are a pure fan perspective. They put out a lot of vids and its kind of fun to just listen to pure fan talk once in awhile. Kind of like this forum the  homerism and lacking of an unbiased objective opinion annoys me the most.

That's exactly what it is. It's not just the takes, but I often catch them saying inaccurate things about players. I guess the casual fan might not notice it as much though. 

On 5/16/2023 at 9:22 PM, NewColtsFan said:

What you described as “rawness” is indeed much of the show’s charm.  That won’t pass muster at ESPN. Fortunately, I am sure many of us only watch short YouTube clips of his lengthy show — in my case comments about the Colts — so if it gets too sanitized, it won’t be a big loss.

2 hours ago, shasta519 said:

That's exactly what it is. It's not just the takes, but I often catch them saying inaccurate things about players. I guess the casual fan might not notice it as much though. 

I think a lot of fans are like me. I don’t really care for the inside stuff on statistics or play design ect. Film room videos are kind of boring to me. Just want yo watch football and have a winning team.

4 hours ago, azcolt said:

What you described as “rawness” is indeed much of the show’s charm.  That won’t pass muster at ESPN. Fortunately, I am sure many of us only watch short YouTube clips of his lengthy show — in my case comments about the Colts — so if it gets too sanitized, it won’t be a big loss.

Im only telling you what Pat said.   Same show, but no F-bombs.   I doubt they’ll say bull *, but instead nonsense.    And they may be put on a 7-second delay so some words get bleeped out.    

Hey, I get your concerns.   I agree with you.    I’d be concerned until the show can demonstrate that it’s the same as it used to be. 

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Colts media beat won’t be the same without keefer. 

Thanks.  Well deserved for Zach.  I follow him on Twitter, but TBH I hardly ever look at it.  

He is one of the best in his coverage of the Colts.

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Colts media beat won’t be the same without keefer. 

If my athletic subscription wasn’t already set to expire in a couple weeks I’d be letting it go for sure now. Their coverage took a huge hit when Holder left and Boyd  came in. Boyd is a fish out of water and it still shows. He’s a basketball guy and he just doesn’t know the nuts and bolts of football well enough. Keefer helped cover up for him on their pod, but with Keefer moving on it’s gonna be really apparent. 

It’s disappointing for the Colts because Keefer would have been a really, really good replacement for Chap as “the” beat writer for the Colts whenever Chap hangs it up. He was a natural to take up that mantle. 

The athletic already replaced one Colts beat with a basketball guy who didn’t really know football, maybe this time around they’ll really pull a head-scratcher and pick a horse racing writer who hasn’t ever actually seen a football game. :facepalm:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Waylon said:

If my athletic subscription wasn’t already set to expire in a couple weeks I’d be letting it go for sure now. Their coverage took a huge hit when Holder left and Boyd  came in. Boyd is a fish out of water and it still shows. He’s a basketball guy and he just doesn’t know the nuts and bolts of football well enough. Keefer helped cover up for him on their pod, but with Keefer moving on it’s gonna be really apparent. 

It’s disappointing for the Colts because Keefer would have been a really, really good replacement for Chap as “the” beat writer for the Colts whenever Chap hangs it up. He was a natural to take up that mantle. 

The athletic already replaced one Colts beat with a basketball guy who didn’t really know football, maybe this time around they’ll really pull a head-scratcher and pick a horse racing writer who hasn’t ever actually seen a football game. :facepalm:

Yeah mine will be up in august so am going to have to think long and hard now. Maybe I will let it go another year and see if I keep reading it. Zak will still be writing but I am only interested in football stories. James said Bob kravitz will be his new  co host on the pod. Sorry Kravitz is boring. James said he he can still bring zak on once in awhile since he will still be with the athletic. Holder and keefer gone not much to read when it comes to the colts. Holder should go back to the athletic. Sure not sure what he does for ESPN. His stories are just short and nothing to them.

On 5/16/2023 at 8:10 PM, Nesjan3 said:

I can't stand Pat. He just yells and reminds me of Smith.

I never watched his shows but what I know bout ESPN is they are the Gestapo of sports broadcasting and Berman is the king head chopper. I am surprised Pat went for this and I hope he maintains his appearance instead of kissing butts to dress up in a suit & tie and look like the rest of those wax candles on that network.

Mike Wilbon is my sole guy on ESPN mainly because he is from Chicago and a diehard Chicago fan and refuses to speak like the rest of the puppets. I wish him well but why he did this is beyond me.

15 hours ago, John Waylon said:

All those beat writers Indy is losing, and some are even getting national level writing job, Surely Colts must get a compensatory pick next draft?  :D

On 5/17/2023 at 7:16 PM, Nesjan3 said:

Hey guys, so Pat sold out to ESPN. So happy for him and the boys getting a huge bag of money. But for me and many many others the reason I gravitated to his show was because it was not ESPN. Its never going to be the same. I won't be listening any longer. So I need to find some new podcasts to fill the void. Whats everyones favorite Colts podcast on youtube? Already listen to the Bring the Juice guys btw. Thanks have a great summer everyone.

I like Pat but don’t really care for the language. There are some good podcasts on the Colts websites, under ”Audio” in the main menu. 
    Matt Taylor is really likable and Rick Venturi has a lot of knowledge but is a little self promoting.