Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

colts soft schedule

GRUMPY OLD MAN

according to cbs sports john breech the colts have the fourth softest schedule in the nfl. that said we may still get the number one pick next draft. as we have a serious lack of gamechangers and a lot of ifs and unproven cheap talent. will we take a qb if we land the number one?

25 minutes ago, DEFENSE said:

according to cbs sports john breech the colts have the fourth softest schedule in the nfl. that said we may still get the number one pick next draft. as we have a serious lack of gamechangers and a lot of ifs and unproven cheap talent. will we take a qb if we land the number one?

if ar does not work out we for sure will, and even if he works out ballard will take the top qb

58 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

if ar does not work out we for sure will, and even if he works out ballard will take the top qb

next year draft class has generational talents at other position too, especially LT and WR, apart from defense. 

If Colts are happy with AR, they should look to make the roster great adding great talent at cheaper price rather than paying so much for some positions, home grown or not. Getting a top ten draft pick will help towards that, we'll see how this season goes. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChuggaBeer said:

Defense does have a legit point       And I am a huge AR5 fan. But I doubt they bail on him after a yr 

What do we do if we have the #1 pick next yr?   It's not crazy talk 

that would be a good headache to have next draft, if it comes to that. 

But until that happens, it's too early for a scenario to think about, without the context of what led to #1 pick. It could be that all 5 OL need to be replaced if we are playing every scenario and that would be a bad headache to have. 

• Like 3

I dont know if we get the #1 pick how do you pass on Caleb Williams. A guy everyone is saying is the best QB prospect since Luck. Not sure you can do that unless AR has proven with no shadow of a doubt he will be an elite QB at the NFL level.

• Like 1

Defense does have a legit point       And I am a huge AR5 fan. But I doubt they bail on him after a yr 

Personally…

I think it’s completely and entirely crazy talk.    I think the odds of getting the first overall pick is something close to zero.  Honestly.

The Colts are not going to be worse than last year.   They may have bad weeks.   AR is going to get humbled a lot.   But by the end of the year things should be getting better.   Many, many things would have to go wrong for the season to implode.   And the odds of all those things happening is incredibly small. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

IF we get the first overall pick and IF AR shows promise we trade back for the biggest haul of all time. 

• Like 3

LOL if we are so bad we have the 1st overall pick...boy I hope that is still funny in January.......but with the first overall we would be destine to pick Marvy Jr. ...... a WR to aid AR 5. Cant fight destiny........

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ChuggaBeer said:

IMHO, Defense is trolling to see how many people he can get fired up.  But if that's what some people think is fun (both trolling and responding to them), it's okay with me.

Logically though - last season we had probably the worst QB play in the league.  Our O line was in disarray and Shaq really didn't play.  Yet they won 4 games (and should have won at least 2 more).

AR5 would have to turn the ball over more times than Ryan.  Rainman would have to regress worse than Pryor, JT would have to stop playing in October, and none of the receivers would progress more than last season.  It would take that and more to get the #1 pick. 

Possible?  Sure.  But I still think he's trolling.  And I just fell for it by giving him a real answer, lol!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

I dont know if we get the #1 pick how do you pass on Caleb Williams. A guy everyone is saying is the best QB prospect since Luck. Not sure you can do that unless AR has proven with no shadow of a doubt he will be an elite QB at the NFL level.

There would be three options. Take williams and trade away richardson. Trade back for a boat load of picks. Draft marvin harrison jr

• Like 1

C'mon man, we've now gotten to the point where we bail on a QB before one snap??!?! Lol

I think this could be just as bad as the 0-2 let's tank the rest of the season annual talk... Lol

2 hours ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

Colts will get a top 8 pick and will most likely draft Oline Dline or the secondary. Won’t be QB or a skill position player. 

I mean we're taking Marvin Jr if he's available... Irsay already out here dropping hints on that haha

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ChuggaBeer said:

Trade back for a bounty and give AR year two. Aka what Chicago did

The Colts do have one of the "easier schedules" according to the "expert media pundits".

That said - let me share the definition of "expert" - that my Father was fond of saying:

An "ex" is a has been  -  AND   - a "xpert" is a drip under pressure.

We'll find out how easy - or - hard -  AND  -  where the Colts pick in 2024 by week 18.

On 5/16/2023 at 7:21 PM, DEFENSE said:

But remember all we needed was to fire Frank and get that franchise qb and this talent will win it all!!! 

23 hours ago, Believe blue1306 said:

I want marvin so bad lol

Well he needs to have elite speed if he is going to be drafted in the top 5.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2023 at 11:20 PM, ChuggaBeer said:

I doubt it too, it would take a failure of epic proportions on and off the field. And you'd need to have the 2024 top prospect's rating come out so far ahead of everyone of the 2023 and 2024 drafts. Additionally you would have to eat Richardson's contract(because who would give the Colts anything for him if he failed that badly and everyone knew the Colts would take a qb again). 

At this point if they do have the #1 pick again, you do what Chicago did and find a trade partner and get a fortune in picks and players back. 

On 5/17/2023 at 9:53 AM, IinD said:

C'mon man, we've now gotten to the point where we bail on a QB before one snap??!?! Lol

I think this could be just as bad as the 0-2 let's tank the rest of the season annual talk... Lol

draft picks are a crap shoot, remember ryan leaf?

On 5/16/2023 at 7:21 PM, DEFENSE said:

They wont get the number one pick. If they get the pick it will mean that the whole team needs to be blown up.