Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Colts and NFL free agency news, rumors, discussions

stitches

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Thanks. Would Seumalo work for Indy? I'm surprised that he has not been signed. Connor McGovern is the top center according to NFL com. Do you like him?

Or would you like these position addressed through the draft?

Price. Probably will once lowered

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Thanks. Would Seumalo work for Indy? I'm surprised that he has not been signed. Connor McGovern is the top center according to NFL com. Do you like him?

I think a bunch of fans would like Seumalo. I know I would.

But based on the early market, he probably deserves a contract in that $10M-$12M per year range.

Considering how much we are paying Q annd Braden and Kelly, I can't see us paying that.

I do think if we cut or trade Kelly then we can afford to pay that to Seumalo and then replace Kelly at Center with Pinter or a rookie

Pinter sucked at RG but he is a decent OC

I would love a rookie like John Michael Schmitz. Or even Luke Wypler or Joe Tippmann.

JMS would probably have to be taken w our early 2 to get him. With all our needs I am not sure if we would do that. 

So probably a combo of Pinter and an OC in the Round 3-4 range would work for me if we went with Seumalo. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I’d take Seumalo every day and twice on Sunday.  Pair him with Nelson and get Nelson back to the play of his first 3 years and you’ve got two solid interior linemen.  

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, TomDiggs said:

I think a bunch of fans would like Seumalo. I know I would.

But based on the early market, he probably deserves a contract in that $10M-$12M per year range.

Considering how much we are paying Q annd Braden and Kelly, I can't see us paying that.

I do think if we cut or trade Kelly then we can afford to pay that to Seumalo and then replace Kelly at Center with Pinter or a rookie

Pinter sucked at RG but he is a decent OC

I would love a rookie like John Michael Schmitz. Or even Luke Wypler or Joe Tippmann.

JMS would probably have to be taken w our early 2 to get him. With all our needs I am not sure if we would do that. 

So probably a combo of Pinter and an OC in the Round 3-4 range would work for me if we went with Seumalo. 

It depends on how much cap space we have right now and how much we will make by releasing Kelly and possibly trading(??) Kenny Moore.

Well….   This is very disappointing news for Day 4.    I’d like to think the Colts made a competitive offer and that Campbell turned it down because he didn’t want to risk getting lost in a rebuilding year.  The Giants are a better opportunity right now.  

Did I mention being disappointed? 

Now I hope for my preferred backup plan.  And ironically, he's been a Giant.  Darius Slayton has a career average per catch of 15.   It’s one of the highest in this class.   I know he’s not on some list someone put out today, but he’s been ranked as a top-10 WR in this FA class by everybody.   So, that’s where I hope the Colts focus their FA WR money. 

Maybe this disappointing day will get better….

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stitches said:

I'm really confused that we didn't get to keep him if that's all he's getting. Maybe he didn't want to be back? 

It is very clear that he got $4M more in incentives. Most of which is not hard to achieve is to be expected.

I doubt we offered him. We have a budget and a HC with his own shopping list. I would think he wants a rookie to develop in the slot. Paris would be in the way.

26 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I think Parris wanted to go to a team for a one  year deal and then sign  a big  contract next year. He  knows the Colts will have a rookie so he is not going to get a lot of targets. I think we r  going to   use the three tight ends a lot. Not really worried about wr but would be nice to have another play maker. Need to fix the Oline and fast.

I think he wants a chance at going to the Super Bowl and in the NFC, the Giants have a chance. The Colts will be a 2 or 3 win type of team .

Probably not popular and im sure i will catch flak but Im honestly somewhat open to dealing Pittman. I think we need some speed and run after catch ability. I like Pittman but to me hes more of a possesion receiver who is looking to be paid #1 money. 

• Like 1

I’m 

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

Probably not popular and im sure i will catch flak but Im honestly somewhat open to dealing Pittman. I think we need some speed and run after catch ability. I like Pittman but to me hes more of a possesion receiver who is looking to be paid #1 money. 

Pittman is very good after the catch. Just needs the right QB. Pierce is the speed guy though.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I’m 

Pittman is very good after the catch. Just needs the right QB. Pierce is the speed guy though.

Not to me. I think weve only got 1 guy who can really take something to the house. Everybody else can be doubled or plastered one on one for the most part.

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Ballard must have up something of his sleeve. He didn’t have real intentions on keeping him at this price.

I agree. Ballars can’t have wanted him if he wouldn’t match that price. 

Ballard has consistently undervalued WRs in my opinion. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, krunk said:

I wouldn't be shocked if Pittman and Buckner get dealt. We are taking last year's Bears approach.

23 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I agree. Ballars can’t have wanted him if he wouldn’t match that price. 

Ballard has consistently undervalued WRs in my opinion. 

Theres nothing up his sleeve. Campbell is not that good. Come on. 

Smartest thing Ballard did was not even offer this jag a contract.

1 minute ago, Indeee said:

Honestly, with hopefully another full season of playtime, I think Campbell was the closest we had to a true WR1. Reich just shoe-horned him into his offense instead of using him to his strengths. If we could’ve had him by guaranteeing another mill I think it’s a big miss by Ballard. 

5 minutes ago, Indeee said:

"This jag"

Pittman had 50 more targets than Campbell, more fumbles, only scored one more TD, and he had a less YPC than Campbell. Campbell ALSO had a better catch ratio than Pittman. Not to mention, WAY more incomplete throws went to Pittman. Do some freaking research before you start spouting out nonsense.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Indyfan4life said:

"This jag"

Pittman had 50 more receptions than Campbell, more fumbles, only scored one more TD, and he had a less YPC than Campbell. Not to mention, WAY more incomplete throws went to Pittman. Do some freaking research before you start spouting out nonsense.

Dude they both suck!!

If Campbell is sooo awesome, then why only 1 year for 3 mil.

Have some common sense before you spout your non-sense!

2 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

"This jag"

Pittman had 50 more targets than Campbell, more fumbles, only scored one more TD, and he had a less YPC than Campbell. Campbell ALSO had a better catch ratio than Pittman. Not to mention, WAY more incomplete throws went to Pittman. Do some freaking research before you start spouting out nonsense.

Those kind of stats are super misleading tho.

Pittman draws the number 1 corner. He faces more doubles. He is expected to do way more than Parris was. Parris sat on the sidelines, stayed fresh and then he came in the slot and took advantage of a lot of single coverage.

I dont think Parris is a JAG either, but I hate how people use those kinds of stats. 

I dont care for this move personally, but Im gonna assume the new coach didnt think he was a great fit in his offense.

5 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Dude they both suck!!

If Campbell is sooo awesome, then why only 1 year for 3 mil.

Have some common sense before you spout your non-sense!

"HaVe SoMe CoMmOn SeNsE!" Try taking your own advice and using FACTS before YOU spout nonsense.

2 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

"HaVe SoMe CoMmOn SeNsE!" Try taking your own advice and using FACTS before YOU spout nonsense.

You go ahead and drink the Kool aid all you want buddy. 

I'm not a fan of the so-called skill position wideouts this team has or had, ie Parris. Never have been.

I hope they get better for the sake of the team but to me they are all WR2 and mostly 3's at best. 

3 minutes ago, Indeee said:

You go ahead and drink the Kool aid all you want buddy. 

I'm not a fan of the so-called skill position wideouts this team has or had, ie Parris. Never have been.

I hope they get better for the sake of the team but to me they are all WR2 and mostly 3's at best. 

I'm not drinking any kool-aid, buddy. I'm just not stating a personal opinion as fact, when it's obvious that Campbell when healthy and having an actual QB that can push the ball downfield consistently is a good receiver.