Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Colts and NFL free agency news, rumors, discussions

stitches

2 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Rodgers will still be a force to deal with, I'd say for another 2–3 years, IF the Jets can find and maintain some success.

He makes the Jets a playoff team no doubt, they are in a tough division but I could see them 10-7 or so as of now. Pats are the worse team in that division = too funny.

1 minute ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

That is an art form in itself to accomplish! :lol:

Well he did draft Nelson, Leonard, and Taylor and signed Rivers in 2020 = the good. Then there are other things that will drive one nuts about Ballard haha . Just like in the workplace, some will goof around for 4 hours then bust tail for 4 hours to make up for it and at least look good lmao .

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He makes the Jets a playoff team no doubt, they are in a tough division but I could see them 10-7 or so as of now. Pats are the worse team in that division = too funny.

LaMar would also make the Colts contenders and relevant again immediately upon signing.  He had the Ravens in the playoffs 4 out of 5 years there.  Hearing now that teams would prefer going the straight sign and trade route.  That protects them from the Ravens matching.  It would probably cost more than two 1sts but at least you know you didn’t do the work for nothing.  He is one of the true difference makers in the league.  An opportunity like this doesn’t happen every day.  Difference makers get paid.  So will LaMar.  I want us to be contenders for the next decade.  He gives us the best chance to do that over any quarterback we take with our 4th pick. So I hope we find a way.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

LaMar would also make the Colts contenders and relevant again immediately upon signing.  He had the Ravens in the playoffs 4 out of 5 years there.  Hearing now that teams would prefer going the straight sign and trade route.  That protects them from the Ravens matching.  It would probably cost more than two 1sts but at least you know you didn’t do the work for nothing.  He is one of the true difference makers in the league.  An opportunity like this doesn’t happen every day.  Difference makers get paid.  So will LaMar.  I want us to be contenders for the next decade.  He gives us the best chance to do that over any quarterback we take with our 4th pick. So I hope we find a way.

I agree 100%.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Still no corners signed yet. Byron Jones, Marcus Peters, William Jackson, and Shaquill Griffin are some of the top names still available.

Oh Will Jackson is out there?  Took a while last year too but we eventually got Gilmore. Prob. price related

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

Not going to happen thank God. In the end he will remain a Raven. He has played like 2 games in 2 years in December and January. You're crazy if you think Ballard is going mortgage the future on him.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Not going to happen thank God. In the end he will remain a Raven. He has played like 2 games in 2 years in December and January. You're crazy if you think Ballard is going mortgage the future on him.

Ole

Dan Dakich thinks Ballard should go after Jackson but doesn’t have the “sack” to pull the trigger.

17 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Ballard should really look into FA G Risner before someone else snags him.

Since the Colts look like they’re keeping Kelly, my hunch is the team will fill the RG spot via the draft and NOT free agency.   

That’s my guess. 

5 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Still no corners signed yet. Byron Jones, Marcus Peters, William Jackson, and Shaquill Griffin are some of the top names still available.

Byron Jones is highly likely to retire.   He recently wrote about his body breaking down badly and he’s very worried about his quality of life at a very young age.   

3 hours ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Ballard should really look into FA G Risner before someone else snags him.

With the money already tied to our online I don’t see FA additions being realistic. Maybe low dollar depth but rather a draft pick. 

3 hours ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Very possible I see a Tackle and Gaurd being two of our top 5 picks.

Tackle?   

Raimann is the LT. 
Smith is the RT.

I think the only way that changes is if either gets hurt.   

The Colts will likely look for a swing tackle.  A solid backup.   But my guess is that will be in free agency. 

15 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Byron Jones is highly likely to retire.   He recently wrote about his body breaking down badly and he’s very worried about his quality of life at a very young age.   

That’s sad to hear. He’s only 30 years old. Football really is a brutal sport.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Tackle?   

Raimann is the LT. 
Smith is the RT.

I think the only way that changes is if either gets hurt.   

The Colts will likely look for a swing tackle.  A solid backup.   But my guess is that will be in free agency. 

I agree with the original post, that OG and OT may be two of our first five picks.  We currently have no depth at all at OT, and I’d argue it would be perfectly good use of a 3rd or 4th round pick to add an OT who’ll be a swing tackle for his first couple of years…

51 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Wonder when Kenny Moore gets traded.

Yesterday Bleacher Report had him as part of a proposed trade for LaMar.  I’ve also  seen him included in a number of other proposed trades.  So it’s certainly seems like there is a very good chance it happens.  He is probably our most attractive trade piece.  

23 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Why do you call him LaMar instead of Lamar, RicHard? :)

49 minutes ago, Archer said:

I agree with the original post, that OG and OT may be two of our first five picks.  We currently have no depth at all at OT, and I’d argue it would be perfectly good use of a 3rd or 4th round pick to add an OT who’ll be a swing tackle for his first couple of years…

Well….  Your argument doesn’t add up to me.    Because first you say the Colts would use two of they’re first five picks on a guard and a tackle.    And add that tackle would be good for a 3 or a 4.   So are you saying guard be a 5th round pick?    That doesn’t make sense to me.  

I think if the Colts want a starting guard it had better be a day 2 pick, rounds 2 or 3.   And I wouldn’t draft an Offensive tackle to be a backup.   That’s a waste of a pick to me.   Because he’s not going to be ready to play at a high level as a rookie tackle. That’s why I’ve been advocating for a free agent signing.   That’s my hope at least. 

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well….  Your argument doesn’t add up to me.    Because first you say the Colts would use two of they’re first five picks on a guard and a tackle.    And add that tackle would be good for a 3 or a 4.   So are you saying guard be a 5th round pick?    That doesn’t make sense to me.  

I think if the Colts want a starting guard it had better be a day 2 pick, rounds 2 or 3.   And I wouldn’t draft an Offensive tackle to be a backup.   That’s a waste of a pick to me.   Because he’s not going to be ready to play at a high level as a rookie tackle. That’s why I’ve been advocating for a free agent signing.   That’s my hope at least. 

No, I’m not saying a Guard would be a 5th round pick.  I have it as our 2nd round pick - so I agree with you 100% on that.  I was just making the point that I believe the next three rounds are not too early to bring in an OT who will likely be an initial back-up, swing tackle-type.  Looks like we disagree on that, but I don’t see us necessarily getting instant starters after the 2nd round this year.  Maybe someone like a Darius Rush at CB could start Day 1 if he had a good camp (and we don’t bring in a veteran)…

• Thanks 1