Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Colts and NFL free agency news, rumors, discussions

stitches

2 minutes ago, Aaron86 said:

What did signing all of them solve? Not a dang thing. They barely made the playoffs. The Jags are not a organization I would model mine after. The Jags have been doing this for years. Big spenders and nothing to show for it.

They made the playoffs and it gave their young QB at least a fighting chance.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Aaron86 said:

The panthers are being dumb with money. I don't agree with their philosophy at all. But I guess that's what you have to do after you give up a ton of picks.

Ballard just picked Alec pperce who I think is going to be really good. I know WR is not our biggest strength but I do think they are pretty good. They have just not had good coaching or a half decent QB to throw to them.  

Gotta laugh. Ballard needs to earn Chloe's trust. After he picks Pittman just outside the 1st rd. Pierce in the middle of the 2nd rd. Campbell in the 2nd.

Such buffoonery. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If they would have played a more competitive division they would have barley won 7 games and then missed the playoffs. They are In a division with two of the worst teams in the NFL. With all that talent they managed to win 9 games and won arguably the worst division in the league. 

3 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Gotta laugh. Ballard needs to earn Chloe's trust. After he picks Pittman just outside the 1st rd. Pierce in the middle of the 2nd rd. Campbell in the 2nd.

Such buffoonery. 

It's silly really. It's just the stupid narrative the media is pushing and people are latching on to. 

3 minutes ago, Aaron86 said:

If they would have played a more competitive division they would have barley won 7 games and then missed the playoffs. They are In a division with two of the worst teams in the NFL. With all that talent they managed to win 9 games and won arguably the worst division in the league. 

If, but they don't. If the Colts played in a more competitive division, well, they'd still have about the same record as they lost to the whole division last year anyway lol.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aaron86 said:

They had a lot of crap they had to work out early with how urban destroyed that team and Lawrence’s confidence. So early they were working stuff out.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Such buffoonery. 

We have always needed that third weapon. Ballard has a history of making the 4th or 5th WR higher on the depth chart then they should be. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

If, but they don't. If the Colts played in a more competitive division, well, they'd still have about the same record as they lost to the whole division last year anyway lol.

You have to build your team through the draft and supplement it with FA. The Jags had it easy in 2022 but I don't think that will be the same story in 2023. And my point is what has all the money spent by the Jags got them? They were spending like crazy while still picking in the top rounds of the draft. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aaron86 said:

You have to build your team through the draft and supplement it with FA. The Jags had it easy in 2022 but I don't think that will be the same story in 2023. And my point is what has all the money spent by the Jags got them? They were spending like crazy while still picking in the top rounds of the draft. 

The first sentence is absolutely true. However, when you have a guy like Lawrence, you have to build around him and give him the best possible chance to succeed. His salary is cheap right now. That's the time to sign some high-profile FAs around him so he can compete in the AFC gauntlet. It also gives you a chance to win a weak AFC South, which was the case last year. 

I would love if Ballard did that with our new QB. The Jags increased from 3 to 9 wins, I'd love to go wild in FA and the draft and go from 4 to 10 wins. I;m not saying don't build through the draft, I'm just saying you can't fill all your needs through the draft. It's literally impossible unless you are doing it on madden.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The first sentence is absolutely true. However, when you have a guy like Lawrence, you have to build around him and give him the best possible chance to succeed. His salary is cheap right now. That's the time to sign some high-profile FAs around him so he can compete in the AFC gauntlet. It also gives you a chance to win a weak AFC South, which was the case last year. 

I would love if Ballard did that with our new QB. The Jags increased from 3 to 9 wins, I'd love to go wild in FA and the draft and go from 4 to 10 wins. I;m not saying don't build through the draft, I'm just saying you can't fill all your needs through the draft. It's literally impossible unless you are doing it on madden.

It also gives the team a answer if their young quarterback is the right one. How can you get answers with your young QB if you fail to put weapons around him.

I don’t think colts have bad WR. It’s alright. It just needs a upgrade at that 3 spot. I also understand that without knowing which QB you are going to draft it might be hard to know who to go after. Seems like any downfield threat would help any rookie. Colts look slow on offense and needs to get faster.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You have to look at the whole picture. The arrival of Pedersen is what turned them around he is a good HC. They were spending money like fools and still not winning anything until he came along. 

Also by addressing some holes in FA it makes the draft easier. You can then go BPA instead of worrying about fixing holes on the roster. First pick will most likely be CB. We need a starting RG, WR,CB. Then we need Oline depth bad. It would help to address some of these offensive needs in FA. I am shocked at how little he had done on offense considering how bad this team was.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Aaron86 said:

You have to look at the whole picture. The arrival of Pedersen is what turned them around he is a good HC. They were spending money like fools and still not winning anything until he came along. 

Pederson is a big improvement over Meyer. Meyer was historically bad. However, the WR core was terrible for the Jags in Lawrence's first year, they didn't have Etienne, and their defense was improved. It was a mixture of things that made the Jags win the division. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Also by addressing some holes in FA it makes the draft easier. You can then go BPA instead of worrying about fixing holes on the roster. First pick will most likely be CB. We need a starting RG, WR,CB. Then we need Oline depth bad. It would help to address some of these offensive needs in FA. I am shocked at how little he had done on offense considering how bad this team was.

Oh god I said first pick would be CB. Lol meant QB.

• Like 1

Guess colts said we made some moves first couple days now we are done.

Zach hicks on his podcast right now says wish Ballard would use FA more to lesson holes that way there are no glaring needs in draft. He said unfortunately Ballard thinks the other way then once draft is over it’s to late to fill holes you didn’t get in the draft.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Yeah, one time in the better part of 20 years has that worked for them. Seriously, they spend hand over fist every year and have drafted in the top 5 most of those years. Only once has it appeared to work for them

26 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

NFL Radio just mentioned that the Colts were considering submitting an offer sheet for Lamar Jackson.

Bahaha

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Yeah, one time in the better part of 20 years has that worked for them. Seriously, they spend hand over fist every year and have drafted in the top 5 most of those years. Only once has it appeared to work for them

Bahaha

Bahaha

Bahaha

Bahaha

Yeah, my reaction as well.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Problem with many in here they are ok with mediocre play and saving money. There are the truefans in here that want to win and are tired of losing. We need to make a huge splash and quit being cheap, that is just the bottomline if we want to get anywhere.

Yeah I am content with my 2006 SB win as a fan but that happened 17 years ago, I at least want to watch a good product. We can only use Luck retiring as an excuse so many years. I said it would set us back 5 years when he retired. It has now been 5 years (2019-2022) so it is time to poo or get off the pot now here in 2023. homer simpson stars GIF

Sorry, sir.  But who in the forum is ok with mediocre play AND saving money?  

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

looks like the texans and titans have improved their teams and will sweep us next season. jax has our number. ballard sitting on his hands has us owning last place. draft pick rookies usually take a few years to see what they got, same ole ballard.

• Like 1

I usually really like Baldy and love his takes. Especially along the defensive and offensive fronts.

But my goodness this is a brutal take. 

"If you are looking for experienced depth and position flexibility on your offensive line then make a phone call to Pryor. Not many guys this big this young this experienced walking around. Get Pryor; Get Better."

Bahahahahaa

2 hours ago, Stephen said:

We got pierce and pittman working the outside. Guess we have to rely on granson woods and dulin for the slot

We are starting over offensively, so adding a rookie for Steichen to develop is a given.

And there will be vets come available between the draft and camp.

If someone Steichen wants pops up, CB will go after them.

4 minutes ago, TomDiggs said:

I usually really like Baldy and love his takes. Especially along the defensive and offensive fronts.

But my goodness this is a brutal take. 

"If you are looking for experienced depth and position flexibility on your offensive line then make a phone call to Pryor. Not many guys this big this young this experienced walking around. Get Pryor; Get Better."

Bahahahahaa

Put down the crack pipe Baldy, the dude is a sloth. Talk to us when he loses 25 and gets his * in shape.

16 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

We are starting over offensively, so adding a rookie for Steichen to develop is a given.

And there will be vets come available between the draft and camp.

If someone Steichen wants pops up, CB will go after them.

Why can’t we do both instead of putting so much pressure on a rookie WR? It shouldn’t be one or the other.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

looks like the texans and titans have improved their teams and will sweep us next season. jax has our number. ballard sitting on his hands has us owning last place. draft pick rookies usually take a few years to see what they got, same ole ballard.

Same ole OLD FAN MAN?

• Like 1