Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chicago trade with Carolina

Patrick Miller

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Ravens are found to match anything any team would offer.

So we would take a guard at 4 lol.

I think people need to calm down.  Look it up. Teams that have traded to thr number one pick....its not pretty because that team is picking out of desperation.  

1 minute ago, MarlySullivan said:

Ballard has been too busy working out a deal for lamar

No, people don’t understand that trading for Lamar is equivalent to trading about 4 mid- 1st first round picks given how valuable our pick is. 

I would do it in a heart beat if we picked No. 15 or lower.

If I’m Tennessee, NE, Washington, TB, etc, I’m doing it. 

9 minutes ago, SONAR said:

Well this just proves what a * ballard is  hope irsay gives him his pink slip before he messes anything else up,get ready for a terrible draft and another loosing season.I wonder how many season ticket holders will not return next season ? I wonder was your precious draft pick worth losing fans? There was 2 only decent QBs one was special and you blow it ballard,I was thinking buying all new tshirts ,jackets,hats ,tickets ,now ill just say good luck im going fishing.

Gee, the fastest IGNORE yet. You are fired.

My main issue with the Panthers jumping in front of us is that it creates a situation where Ballard will essentially have to be smarter and seeing something that two other teams (possibly three if someone trades with the Cardinals) are missing in order to come out of this draft with our franchise QB.  

History from the past 6 years has shown things don't usually end well when Ballard has tried to play "smartest guy in the room" instead of being aggressive to make something happen. 

Rationally, I would be more optimistic about the selection if we had our choice of the top 4 rather than being at the mercy of other teams selection or Ballard's supposed unique evaluation skills. 

But, who knows, maybe his thinking all along was not to select a QB unless a specific one fell to us and he will go BPA at 4,see what happens in the draft next year.  

4 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I think people need to calm down.  Look it up. Teams that have traded to thr number one pick....its not pretty because that team is picking out of desperation.  

I actually agree with you on this post. Jeff George, Michael Vick and Jared Goff are the picks used on teams trading up to 1 on a QB. Vick was electric as a player I’ll admit, but history generally isn’t on the side of the team who trades everything to go to 1.

2 minutes ago, SR711 said:

My main issue with the Panthers jumping in front of us is that it creates a situation where Ballard will essentially have to be smarter and seeing something that two other teams (possibly three if someone trades with the Cardinals) are missing in order to come out of this draft with our franchise QB.  

History from the past 6 years has shown things don't usually end well when Ballard has tried to play "smartest guy in the room" instead of being aggressive to make something happen. 

Rationally, I would be more optimistic about the selection if we had our choice of the top 4 rather than being at the mercy of other teams selection or Ballard's supposed unique evaluation skills. 

But, who knows, maybe his thinking all along was not to select a QB unless a specific one fell to us and he will go BPA at 4,see what happens in the draft next year.  

I really don’t think Ballard can survive putting off QB when we are sitting at four. You realize how bad that looks. 

6 minutes ago, El Potro said:

He'll be a LT. Even with those short arms. Lol

He is going to be a guard and that is what scours project him as.

8 minutes ago, ShuteAt168 said:

I feel bad for Shane Steichen today. He just got a front row seat to the Chris Ballard show and it’s a snoozer. 

I would hope Steichen agreed with this decision. But who knows. 

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

For all you on the edge and slinging mud at Ballard over this trade, perhaps you can answer this. When was the last time a team that traded up to number 1 overall and took a QB, was led to the super bowl by that QB?

Does Eli Manning count or John Elway?

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yeah I agree. I hope we go Anderson at 4 (if available) now, and Hooker at 35 (or in a mini trade up). That option I was discussing yesterday is now a possibility.

So Ballard should just sit back and wait for hooker then watch another team draft him before 35.  You guys act like he will just be there at 35.

Just now, BeanDiasucci said:

Yep! Burrow had that one good season at LSU and the Bengals screwed up and drafted him. 

Burrow basically only had one season. Redshirt, injured, transferred, National champion 

8 minutes ago, SR711 said:

Ballard will do what his boss tells him to do and Steichen will tell Irsay who he wants.

Frank will pray on it then tell his GM who he saw in a vision.

I'm betting it is Stroud.

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

That's great. If he's so pro ready, what's his record vs the SEC? How many 4000 yard seasons does he have? How many seasons does he have throwing more then 20 tds?

You seem to have another reason for disliking this guy. 

What are you thoughts on this trade? Should the Colts move up to 2 or 3?

Just now, NFLfan said:

You seem to have another reason for disliking this guy. 

What are you thoughts on this trade? Should the Colts move up to 2 or 3?

2 is out of the question. No way the Texans would trade with us. 3 I guess depends how much the colts like whomever is left between Young, Stroud, and Richardson 

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

2 is out of the question. No way the Texans would trade with us. 3 I guess depends how much the colts like whomever is left between Young, Stroud, and Richardson 

Okay. Why do the Colts have to draft a QB? Why not draft another player like BPA?

(I'm moving this away from Will Levis bashing.)

Archived