Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Special Teams Coordinator- Brian Mason

TomDiggs

8 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

The Eagle staff was highly respected too, wasn’t they? Did we dodge a bullet somehow?

I wasn't saying it in a bad way.  Just saying the people we did end up getting have a decent history of experience and are of great quality.  Looking forward to seeing how our offense develop and perform this year

1 hour ago, Indyfan4life said:

We’ve been getting the right staff and coaches, so hopefully we follow suit in the draft and FA. 

just like before we need talent on the field coaches cant make elite talent out of below average talent, hope ballard changes his method

I’d like some field positions flipped with defensive turnovers and excellent special teams to help out a rookie QB as much as possible. This is a step in that direction too. Expecting some positive results here. :) 

5 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Yes, you did. what was the basis for your choice?

New creative ideas to generate blocks, field positions and points which kept ND in games a lot of times. I just imagined what he could do with NFL caliber athletes.

40 minutes ago, chad72 said:

New creative ideas to generate blocks, field positions and points which kept ND in games a lot of times. I just imagined what he could do with NFL caliber athletes.

that's nice, but was he already looking for NFL entry? Did he already separate from ND, I was curious how he became available just at the right time when Colts had this coaching change. Maybe, due to him being the native it's natural he'd want to come here? 

18 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Love this hire. He may be better than Ventrone IMO. 

I agree, so far we have made some good choices with our coaching staff (head coach included). I have no complaints so far. I can't wait to see who we get as our QB? That is going to be what makes us or breaks us.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, so far we have made some good choices with our coaching staff (head coach included). I have no complaints so far. I can't wait to see who we get as our QB? That is going to be what makes us or breaks us.

Yep. Funnily enough, I'm not even so concerned about the QB as I am about the possible cost of the QB. With our coaching staff, I'm relatively confident that we can develop any of these QBs at about the same level as each other. The staff looks nice so far. 

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yep. Funnily enough, I'm not even so concerned about the QB as I am about the possible cost of the QB. With our coaching staff, I'm relatively confident that we can develop any of these QBs at about the same level as each other. The staff looks nice so far. 

The way I rank these QB's goes like this:

1. Young - His HT doesn't bother me

2. Stroud

3. AR

4. Levis

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The way I rank these QB's goes like this:

1. Young - His HT doesn't bother me

2. Stroud

3. AR

4. Levis

Exact same for me. I actually think there's a chance at this point that Richardson could go before Stroud or Young because of his combine and perfect RAS score. That could almost guarantee us one of Young or Stroud.

Archived