Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tom Brady officially retires

joecolts

Yeah, that is what most of us were speculating. It was not just Leftwich that was responsible for the Bucs' offense underachieving. Tom had the highest percentage of "off target" passes in his entire career. He knew things weren't looking up, deep down inside and with all the young QB talent piling up around the league, winning SBs becomes much harder because he wasn't just going to settle for winning a division and a playoff game. Gronk and Edelman, guys he had a massive trust with, weren't coming back again and he had to get Gronk back to win his last one.

He was responsible in 2001 with thwarting the dynasty hopes of Kurt Warner and the Rams, responsible in 2014 for thwarting the dynasty hopes of Russell Wilson and the Seahawks, and again in 2020 for thwarting the dynasty hopes of Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs. What a storied career. He got each of the 7 rings for the dwarves, The Lord Of The Rings. :) Would have had 9 rings for men, if not for Eli Manning.

Enjoy time with your kids, Tom!!! You earned it. Congratulations!!! This time, nobody from press was there to leak it before he told his fans. That is a big part of why it will also stick. Last time, he was livid that Schefter and others leaked it before he could compile his statements and let the world know. Just sad that it probably cost him his marriage.

End of an era.

I enjoyed the years of Peyton, Tom, Eli, Ben, and Drew.

But it's time for a new era and there are some very talented new guys in the game that will be around for many years.  I am hoping we can latch on to an up and coming superstar to join in.

12 minutes ago, Gramz said:

End of an era.

I enjoyed the years of Peyton, Tom, Eli, Ben, and Drew.

But it's time for a new era and there are some very talented new guys in the game that will be around for many years.  I am hoping we can latch on to an up and coming superstar to join in.

Rodgers would be the last domino to fall. Or he goes to the Jets and battles Josh Allen and Belichick in the AFC East, lol. :) 

He got pretty emotional in the end of the video there. I feel it’s sincere. Despised the guy early (still do a little lol) on because he was the road block preventing Manning from going to more Super Bowls, but grew appreciation for him late due to his greatness. We won’t see something like this again possibly never. Tough to see him go through a turbulent underperforming season and choppy waters with the family to end things. 

Wish him well on his next chapter but………

Goodbye GIF

10 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Brady- one of the best competitors and luckiest QB in NFL history.  A thorn in every teams side except the Giants.  

Best way to describe him.

21 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

Tough to see him go through a turbulent underperforming season and choppy waters with the family to end things. 

Absolutely, the worst possible way to go out, being dominated by a team he dominated for years. Vs going out possibly the best way in 2020 winning with a new team the first year at home.

Oh well.. I hope the dude can reconcile a little with his family. That little video was sad. He needs to chill with Gronk for a little bit

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I been muting the games sounds for years. I just put on some music and chill while watching.  

Same, with the exception of MNF.  On those nights we watch with Peyton and Eli.  I enjoy their comments and banter.

3 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Same, with the exception of MNF.  On those nights we watch with Peyton and Eli.  I enjoy their comments and banter.

I just use antenna TV so unfortunately I don't get to watch those two. I watch the highlights later on YouTube. They are very enjoyable to watch no doubt.  

4 hours ago, joecolts said:

Didn't have much respect for a man that left his actress girlfriend while she was pregnant to start dating a model. 

Then any amount of respect I had for Brady is now gone. What type of man leaves his family to chase further glory? And even worse, he fail in the end.

Good riddance! Should have stayed retired.

3 hours ago, Flash7 said:

Didn't have much respect for a man that left his actress girlfriend while she was pregnant to start dating a model. 

Then any amount of respect I had for Brady is now gone. What type of man leaves his family to chase further glory? And even worse, he fail in the end.

I’m merely passing along the news that he retired.  I didn’t mention a like, dislike or any level of respect for him.  

1 hour ago, joecolts said:

I’m merely passing along the news that he retired.  I didn’t mention a like, dislike or any level of respect for him.  

Yes, you're absolutely correct. My apologies if you thought I was directing any animosity toward you.

By quoting you, I wasn't necessarily directing my comments towards you, more towards the news of his retirement.

4 hours ago, Flash7 said:

You don't know that it was his wife that left. She has always had more money and world wide prestige than him. 

26 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Yes, you're absolutely correct. My apologies if you thought I was directing any animosity toward you.

By quoting you, I wasn't necessarily directing my comments towards you, more towards the news of his retirement.

No worries and thank you for the clarification.  

Assuming it sticks this time (not holding my breath), good riddance Mr Greatest Cheater of All Time.

I wonder how long we'll be bombarded with the mass media yahoos slobbering all over themselves about him in the coming weeks/months during the SB, the off-season, the draft, the Masters, the Word Series, cereal commercials (etc etc etc).  gag

Great QB, I hated him as a player but respected him as a competitor. IMO, he and Peyton had the best football rivalry of all-time. People always bring up Eli beating Tom Brady twice in the SB but Peyton was 3-1 vs Brady in AFC Title Games which were the real SB's in those years, 2006 was the SB. To me Tom Brady and Peyton are the best QB's I have ever seen other than Joe Montana by the eye test. I was at the 4th and 2 game in 2009, thanks for the memories Tom.

I don't really listen to many podcasts (or, really, any) but if you have some time to kill, check out the "Let's Go" episode with Brady and Jim Gray from 2/6. Manning was a guest, along with Belichick, and there were a lot of great stories and insight around Brady's retirement. It can be really awesome when these guys sort of let their guard down and speak openly. Good stuff. 

1 hour ago, GoPats said:

I don't really listen to many podcasts (or, really, any) but if you have some time to kill, check out the "Let's Go" episode with Brady and Jim Gray from 2/6. Manning was a guest, along with Belichick, and there were a lot of great stories and insight around Brady's retirement. It can be really awesome when these guys sort of let their guard down and speak openly. Good stuff. 

While there's plenty of animosity between fanbases, that podcast really does show that for the player it's a brotherhood. 

Archived