Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tom Brady officially retires

joecolts

9 hours ago, GoPats said:

I don't really listen to many podcasts (or, really, any) but if you have some time to kill, check out the "Let's Go" episode with Brady and Jim Gray from 2/6. Manning was a guest, along with Belichick, and there were a lot of great stories and insight around Brady's retirement. It can be really awesome when these guys sort of let their guard down and speak openly. Good stuff. 

I will have to check that out.  

On a different note, we went to se "80 for Brady" today.  Lots of laughs. I really enjoyed it.

23 hours ago, RollerColt said:

While there's plenty of animosity between fanbases, that podcast really does show that for the player it's a brotherhood. 

For sure. I grew up in the 80s and it reminds me so much of Larry Bird and Magic Johnson. There have been times through the years, as a fan, where I definitely got more riled up than I would have liked, LOL. But at the end of the day, I realize that rivalries are often the best part of sports.

15 hours ago, Gramz said:

I will have to check that out.  

On a different note, we went to se "80 for Brady" today.  Lots of laughs. I really enjoyed it.

Hey Gramz! It was so interesting, definitely check it out. These guys are clearly pretty tight and it's awesome to see. I haven't seen "80" yet but it's on the list! Hope you and yours are well, happy, and blessed. 

1 hour ago, GoPats said:

For sure. I grew up in the 80s and it reminds me so much of Larry Bird and Magic Johnson. There have been times through the years, as a fan, where I definitely got more riled up than I would have liked, LOL. But at the end of the day, I realize that rivalries are often the best part of sports.

Hey Gramz! It was so interesting, definitely check it out. These guys are clearly pretty tight and it's awesome to see. I haven't seen "80" yet but it's on the list! Hope you and yours are well, happy, and blessed. 

Hope you are doing well friend. To me Tom Brady, Joe Montana, and Peyton Manning are the 3 best QB's of all-time hands down and it even isn't close. When you factor in SB wins which Peyton getting that 2nd one was huge, regular season wins (WAR), MVP's, and stats, and by eye test, those 3 just stand out to me. John Elway was amazing too. I am talking SB era. So I left out guys like Graham and Unitas. Unitas did win a SB though but was old by then. 

I think Pat Mahomes has a chance to become a top 5 QB of all-time if his career has more longevity. He just won MVP again and has been to 5 straight AFC Title Games and won a SB. He won me $200 last week.

I have talked smack over the years about Tom but he is the GOAT, 7 rings but he has the stats to go with it. I just joke about Deflategate, Pats would have beat us regardless. Joe has 4 but doesn't have the stats or MVP's Peyton has so that is close. I know when Tom retired it probably hurt you in a football way, I felt the same way about Peyton eventhough both were on different teams. 

Best rivalry's to me are:

Magic vs Bird

Peyton vs Brady

Ali vs Frazier

-probably in that order.

My pick for the SB, I am rolling with Pat Mahomes, I like Andy Reid but he does choke a lot in the playoffs like Tony Dungy did but Mahomes wants to join that elite of winning 2 or more SB's as a starter, only 12 have done it. Go Chiefs Amazon Win GIF by NFL On Prime Video

43 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Hope you are doing well friend. To me Tom Brady, Joe Montana, and Peyton Manning are the 3 best QB's of all-time hands down and it even isn't close. When you factor in SB wins which Peyton getting that 2nd one was huge, regular season wins (WAR), MVP's, and stats, and by eye test, those 3 just stand out to me. John Elway was amazing too. I am talking SB era. So I left out guys like Graham and Unitas. Unitas did win a SB though but was old by then. 

I think Pat Mahomes has a chance to become a top 5 QB of all-time if his career has more longevity. He just won MVP again and has been to 5 straight AFC Title Games and won a SB. He won me $200 last week.

I have talked smack over the years about Tom but he is the GOAT, 7 rings but he has the stats to go with it. I just joke about Deflategate, Pats would have beat us regardless. Joe has 4 but doesn't have the stats or MVP's Peyton has so that is close. I know when Tom retired it probably hurt you in a football way, I felt the same way about Peyton eventhough both were on different teams. 

Best rivalry's to me are:

Magic vs Bird

Peyton vs Brady

Ali vs Frazier

-probably in that order.

My pick for the SB, I am rolling with Pat Mahomes, I like Andy Reid but he does choke a lot in the playoffs like Tony Dungy did but Mahomes wants to join that elite of winning 2 or more SB's as a starter, only 12 have done it. Go Chiefs Amazon Win GIF by NFL On Prime Video

@GoPats, who are your top 5 QB's ever, you are my age and I love your football knowledge.

I would say SB era:

1. Tom

2. Joe Montana

3. Peyton 

4. John Elway

5. Aaron Rodgers

- Mahomes is approaching

All era's:

1. Tom

2. Joe Montana

3. Peyton

4. Unitas

5. John Elway barely over Otto Graham and Aaron Rodgers. 

Let me add, I considered Terry Bradshaw because he won 4 SB's but to me it was more his defense that won those. He didn't have the stats the guys I mentioned above either. I hope he is doing well, I heard he was in bad health, great QB and funny guy. Anyone that can win 4 SB's had true game I will say that. He didn't screw up a perfect situation. Bradshaw is top 10. He is like Troy Aikman, Aikman was on loaded teams as well, before free agency.

59 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Steve Young was so great, he was accurate and could run. I have no problem with your opinion on this. He also would have won more SB's had it not been for Dallas having loaded teams. He did win 2 MVP's as well, as many as Joe.

Normally fans link Jerry Rice with Montana but his biggest stats were with Young.  Young is often overlooked in the conversations. 

55 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Normally fans link Jerry Rice with Montana but his biggest stats were with Young.  Young is often overlooked in the conversations. 

If someone wanted to say Steve Young was top 10 ever that would be really tough to argue. He was great. In the end we have around 15 QB's that could probably be in the GOAT argument. Tom is the most accomplished but Peyton has more MVP's.

Archived