Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dwight Freeney misses minicamp

Dan

Per Phillip Wilson of the Indy Star.

"#Colts DE Dwight Freeney not on practice field for today's voluntary minicamp practice. Will find out why from coach in a while."

Interesting stuff, what could this mean?

BEFORE anyone starts jumping on his back there are a number of possibilities other than "he just felt like missing it" - injury, illness, family problems etc. No info as it stands other than he wasn't there. Neither were Delone Carter or Brody Eldridge who sat out for fitness reasons.

Phil B reported on Twitter that Freeney, Eldridge, and Carter did report to the minicamp. Freeney was allowed to miss the morning practice for unspecified reasons.

Eldridge and Carter?

Those seem like two guys who could get the most out of this mini camp, given that in terms of depth they are competing for a starting job.

I don't see what the big deal is. They are voluntary minicamps. Sure, you want everyone there, but some players don't go and instead work out on their own. I believe Reg always goes down to Miami to workout instead of going to the voluntary workouts

Very true and its not just the Colts alot of players miss voluntary for family reasons even proximity issues to where they live.But dont go giving me false hope Freeney wont be Dropped Like a Hot Tater :( 8.5 percent of this years cap to 1 man )I heard Reggie was going to attend this year and not go to Miami awhile back that was really odd.

Very true and its not just the Colts alot of players miss voluntary for family reasons even proximity issues to where they live.But dont go giving me false hope Freeney wont be Dropped Like a Hot Tater :( 8.5 percent of this years cap to 1 man )I heard Reggie was going to attend this year and not go to Miami awhile back that was really odd.

I could see Reg staying here this year to help Luck with his transition

I doubt he will do that because in truth if he is trying to learn how to play linebacker then he truly is fighting for a roster spot especially given what he is making now, now if he thinking of holding out for more money (which I doubt very seriously thats what it is) then you put a guy like a Jerrell Freeman in his place whos played linebacker and that being his natural position would likely make Freeny expendable, I know ya were probably joking with your statement but it wouldnt be in Freeny's best interest to hold out

I could see Reg staying here this year to help Luck with his transition

And it is exactly what Freeney should be doing, staying here and getting the most out of learning a new position inside of a new scheme. I honestly just don't think he wants to be here and do the 3-4 thing. He figures well, if I don't get cut/traded, I get 14 million dollars. If I get cut, I will still get alot of money coming my way in a deal somewhere else. I do not like his lack of excitement for this new scheme and oportunity but he is his own person and I actually just don't see him remaining on this team.

And it is exactly what Freeney should be doing, staying here and getting the most out of learning a new position inside of a new scheme. I honestly just don't think he wants to be here and do the 3-4 thing. He figures well, if I don't get cut/traded, I get 14 million dollars. If I get cut, I will still get alot of money coming my way in a deal somewhere else. I do not like his lack of excitement for this new scheme and oportunity but he is his own person and I actually just don't see him remaining on this team.

When has he shown a lack of excitement? Just because he doesn't go out of his way to say or do anything, I don't think that's a lack of excitement. To me, that's a guy who would rather let his play do the talking.

Has anyone checked to see if he posted anything to his facebook? I would but my account is acting weird right now.

The most recent entries I see on Facebook are some pics that he posted on 4/11.

For anyone not on Facebook, here is one of them where Freeney and Rodgers are at some golf tournament that Michael Jordan held.

522821_211876142255296_211336972309213_366106_109171590_n.jpg

The most recent entries I see on Facebook are some pics that he posted on 4/11.

For anyone not on Facebook, here is one of them where Freeney and Rodgers are at some golf tournament that Michael Jordan held.

So, basically me and a hermit somewhere in the hills of Kentucky.

When has he shown a lack of excitement? Just because he doesn't go out of his way to say or do anything, I don't think that's a lack of excitement. To me, that's a guy who would rather let his play do the talking.

Well let me ask you this, we have a new coach that is defensive oriented and has said Freeney and Mathis are gamewreckers and just what have you heard from Freeney about how excited he is to embrace this new change in mentailty? All I have heard in the press is how he doesn't want to stand up and now he misses valuable time to learn a new scheme? Yeah I think he hates the stuff and wants to move on. Time will tell if he plays for the Colts or someone else soon enough. I hope Freeney comes to play and not pout but he really needs to get the contract deal squared away, it is rediculous for him to play under that contract from the team standpoint.

Well let me ask you this, we have a new coach that is defensive oriented and has said Freeney and Mathis are gamewreckers and just what have you heard from Freeney about how excited he is to embrace this new change in mentailty? All I have heard in the press is how he doesn't want to stand up and now he misses valuable time to learn a new scheme? Yeah I think he hates the stuff and wants to move on. Time will tell if he plays for the Colts or someone else soon enough. I hope Freeney comes to play and not pout but he really needs to get the contract deal squared away, it is rediculous for him to play under that contract from the team standpoint.

To be honest, I haven't heard anything from Freeney, good or bad.

To be honest, I haven't heard anything from Freeney, good or bad.

The only things I have seen in print may have been a second hand comment but it was of the nature he did not want to stand up. I just would expect your superstar on the defensive side of the ball to take an interview and at least seemed stoked about the transition into a new defensive scheme that sees him as a focal point from his new coach. Again, I take his lack of noise a negative, perhaps I am wrong. Hope so.