Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 4th pick (Official Discussion Thread)

danlhart87

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ChuggaBeer said:

Hooker should be there.    He is older and more mature than the others.  He will probably handle the pressure a little better and he has had a pretty good college career that was cut short by injury on his way to probably the Heisman runner up.   His stats speak for themselves.    Which is better than most of the top 4 we are discussing 

But will he recover ? Let alone even be available during the off season and camp?

13 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

If it takes 9 to 10 months like some previous players allows the timetable to put him ready for TC. Everyone heals different though. 

Yeah my worry is half the time, athlete’s May only recover to a shell of their former selfs. From experience. 

7 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Dr say he should be recovered in 9 months so he if he recovers in that time frame he should be ready to play by oct at the lastest 

Which means we’re still needing two QBs then… should we take him

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Really don’t want someone staring especially a rookie who didn’t get time with the team in the off season because he was rehabbing a injury. 

Listening to the local sports talk out of Columbus, Ohio… they’re saying one of the NIL boosters have offered Stroud 12 million dollars if he stays one more year at OSU… which is more than he’d make on his rookie deal next year. 

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Listening to the local sports talk out of Columbus, Ohio… they’re saying one of the NIL boosters have offered Stroud 12 million dollars if he stays one more year at OSU… which is more than he’d make on his rookie deal next year. 

Why ain't I good in some sport omg. That's more than I'll earn in my entire lifetime...(Yes I'm jealous).

28 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Dr say he should be recovered in 9 months so he if he recovers in that time frame he should be ready to play by oct at the lastest 

Which means Hooker will have missed the entire off-season plus all the pre-season.    That means he’d be no better than QB3 in the regular season. 

So being available by September or October is almost meaningless.   He would not be ready to play NFL football.   Odds are the first we’d likely see Hooker is 2024. 

And I say all that as a fan of Hooker.  If the Colts don’t like what’s available at the top of R1 I’d be interested in Hooker on Day 2. 

6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

That’s a big WOW!!  Thanks for the 411. 

Good info!     :thmup:

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

That’s a big WOW!!  Thanks for the 411. 

Good info!     :thmup:

Take it for a grain of salt… it’s just talking radio heads. I’m over here for business and listening in cause nothing else going on. They said deadline is noon tomorrow for the NIL deal. 4pm for the NFL declaration 

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If that is true it still doesn’t come close to a rookie deal in the top 5.  He isn’t guaranteed no injury or a season he might struggle.

NIL money is fully paid out… it’s not tied to the field. It’s basically sponsorship money like NASCAR. 

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If that is true it still doesn’t come close to a rookie deal in the top 5.  He isn’t guaranteed no injury or a season he might struggle.

I can see lineman, running backs and other positions being influenced to stay in school but not a quarterback projected to be a top 5 pick.  The money is too large and materially outweigh all the potential risks associated with returning to school.

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

One year if not the same he would be guaranteed as a top 5 pick.  I saw the amounts for bonuses a couple days ago and it’s not close.

Yeah, but if the numbers are correct that they talking heads are saying, after taxes and agent fees, plus all the other crap that gets deducted the 41 million dollar pay scale for number 1 overall nets out at 18 million… over 4 years, with less than half that guaranteed for injury,  Or he can take the gamble, take the 12 million, which supposedly has less fees or some crap, not sure exactly how something to do with how signing bonuses are taxed vs salary from endorsements, and walk into next years draft already having netted 8-9 million. 

again, I’m just listening to these talking heads. No idea how credible or accurate they are

2 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

If stroud stays maybe we trade back and get Richardson? 

God I hope not, he’s a turnover machine 

6 hours ago, Stephen said:

The other thing is we could trade back address oline defense wr and pick bennett or duggan or hall later in the draft. If we wait at 4 richardson and hooker may be the only ones there and I dont see us drafting either at 4

This will be a tough call    Do we trade with Bears to be sure we get our pick ?

this will mean a one next year AND maybe a player

Do we just sit tight and take the best player at 4 And hope that QB1,QB2, OR QB3  are still on the board?

there are MANY QB hungry team that may trade into the first picks ahead of us

if that be the case….. I would take DE1. 

and take HOOKER In round 2 and yes….. Duggan in 5

I would rather have one of the top 3 QBs

2 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Lamar with his accuracy. 

I would love a trade back that got us Richardson. Two trade backs would be even better.  :applause:

I don't know how long he'll last past the 4th pick, if he even makes it that far. If Stroud doesn't declare, then that bumps Richardson's draft stock. Even if Stroud declares, I can easily see a QB-needy team (other than the Colts) trading with CHI for the 1st pick and taking him. And since Ballard is probably not going to want Young (due to size), that leaves Levis and Richardson, and I don't see either falling out of the top-10, so trading down once, let alone twice, probably isn't going to happen. 

3 minutes ago, masterlock said:

I don't know how long he'll last past the 4th pick, if he even makes it that far. If Stroud doesn't declare, then that bumps Richardson's draft stock. Even if Stroud declares, I can easily see a QB-needy team (other than the Colts) trading with CHI for the 1st pick and taking him. And since Ballard is probably not going to want Young (due to size), that leaves Levis and Richardson, and I don't see either falling out of the top-10, so trading down once, let alone twice, probably isn't going to happen. 

Richardson won't go 1st overall but could go top 10

10 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Might have to do richardson at 4 if stroud doesnt declare

He'd have to have a heck of a combine, interview, and pro day to be considered at 4, but most will go by film, and he doesn't justify it there.

I could see taking him in a trade back,  but that's it right now.

Archived