Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jeff Saturday Prediction

EastStreet

Jeff Saturday Prediction  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Multi Pick - which games are wins

2. 2. Jeff's record?

3. 3. Minimum Wins (for Jeff to win the perm HC job)

4. 4. Jeff will be....

• The perm Indy HC in 2023
    • Not be here in 2023
    • Will be in the Indy FO in 2023
    • Other coach position (like Indy's OL coach)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/13/2022 at 09:00 PM

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Me neither. No matter we can count on some drama No doubt. haha

Yup..

At minimum... we now have entertainment lol... 

Before, 90% of fans were apathetic. Now things are at least interesting. 

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I honestly don’t know. Either really good, or really really bad

I don't know either. Just giving my no clue hot take... 

1-7, only win last game of the year against Texans. I dont think he needs to win any games to be the head coach next season. IMO Irsay has already made up his mind. 4-4 or anything similar would be worst possible scenario. Not good enough for playoffs not bad enough for a high pick.

1  -  We beat the Steelers and the Texans

2  -  2-6

3  -  0

4  -  New permanent Colts HC

I don't think a whole lot is going to change this season playwise. We might get a better run game, but I'm not sure it'll be enough to win us a lot of games.

I don't think the record will matter to Irsay when it comes to retaining Saturday as our HC. I think he's mainly here to evaluate talent and maybe put a spark of energy into the Oline.

3 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Said

LVR, Pitt, LAC, and Texans...

4-4

4 min (could be 3 though)

HC next year...

To be clear... just a big guess / hot take... I have no clue..... 

I had the same take, except I think Jeff goes to the front office next year to apprentice as the future GM. 

4 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

if Matt Pryor starts im gonna be very disappointed. 

I wouldn't count on any changes this week. Maybe though.. 

But I do expect changes next week. 

In general, our G depth is horrible. I expect shuffling between Gs and Ts. Maybe C and G. 

19 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I wouldn't count on any changes this week. Maybe though.. 

But I do expect changes next week. 

In general, our G depth is horrible. I expect shuffling between Gs and Ts. Maybe C and G. 

i dont care what they do, i just don't want to see Matt Pryor on the field. 

24 minutes ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

I want Pryor to start.  Tanking requires it

i never root for the colts to lose. 

There is a statue outside of LOS of a guy that will desperately want out Colts to beat Josh McDaniels.

And IMO he will passionately want Jeff to succeed for Mr. Irsay, for everyone in the organization, and for us rabid Colts fans. I have no doubt Peyton will be lending his beautiful mind to Coach the rest of the season.

18 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I'd prefer trying DKelly, Raimann, or even RKelly at RG. 

18 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Me either. But if it's the last couple games of the season, and a L is a difference between significant draft position, I'll be tempted. 

But right now, 1000% on the W bus. 

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Me either. But if it's the last couple games of the season, and a L is a difference between significant draft position, I'll be tempted. 

i mean yeah, if it came down to like the last game or something for a top pick, alright... but other than that i want the colts to win. 

31 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

8 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

There's probably a better chance I can win a jackpot on a slot machine in 1 pull than the Colts making the playoffs in our current situation. So I disagree with not rooting to lose. Not rooting to tank when it benefits the team doesn't make you a better fan. The reason this franchise is relevant in Indy is because of two no1 overall picks. 

15 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

There is a statue outside of LOS of a guy that will desperately want out Colts to beat Josh McDaniels.

And IMO he will passionately want Jeff to succeed for Mr. Irsay, for everyone in the organization, and for us rabid Colts fans. I have no doubt Peyton will be lending his beautiful mind to Coach the rest of the season.

I'd love to see Brandon Marshall vs Joe Thomas lol... 

3 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

i mean yeah, if it came down to like the last game or something for a top pick, alright... but other than that i want the colts to win. 

Same here.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

There's probably a better chance I can win a jackpot on a slot machine in 1 pull than the Colts making the playoffs in our current situation. So I disagree with not rooting to lose. Not rooting to tank when it benefits the team doesn't make you a better fan. The reason this franchise is relevant in Indy is because of two no1 overall picks. 

Sorry. My soul is not capable lol.. 

So let's assume...

• We try to tank. But we're still likely to beat 1-6-1 Houston, and 2-6 regardless, and end up 5-11-1. And likely best draft spot is 5th, but could be 10th or even better. Regardless, still won't get either of top 2 QBs unless we trade up. 
  • We don't try to tank. We still win those 2 games, but maybe win 1 or 2 more.. Let's say we end up 6-10-1 or 7-9-1.. So likely between 7th spot or 14th. 

What is worth more?

1. Tank - we have the  5-10th draft spot, the team is still frustrated, the locker room is more lost, the team is hasn't improved or gets worse. And we roll the dice with a #3, #4, or #5 ranked QB, and we are looking for a new HC (which is another dice roll)..
  2. No Tank - we have the 7-15th draft spot, the team is refreshed, the locker room recovers, and the team has improved. And we still roll the dice with a #4 or #5 ranked QB, and the players love Saturday.

And... we can trade up with either situation... 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Sorry. My soul is not capable lol.. 

So let's assume...

• We try to tank. But we're still likely to beat 1-6-1 Houston, and 2-6 regardless, and end up 5-11-1. And likely best draft spot is 5th, but could be 10th or even better. Regardless, still won't get either of top 2 QBs unless we trade up. 
  • We don't try to tank. We still win those 2 games, but maybe win 1 or 2 more.. Let's say we end up 6-10-1 or 7-9-1.. So likely between 7th spot or 14th. 

What is worth more?

1. Tank - we have the  5-10th draft spot, the team is still frustrated, the locker room is more lost, the team is hasn't improved or gets worse. And we roll the dice with a #3, #4, or #5 ranked QB, and we are looking for a new HC (which is another dice roll)..
  2. No Tank - we have the 7-15th draft spot, the team is refreshed, the locker room recovers, and the team has improved. And we still roll the dice with a #4 or #5 ranked QB, and the players love Saturday.

And... we can trade up with either situation... 

Tanking is still worth more to me. Sorry. If you don't make the playoffs and have a losing record, the season is a failure and you are losers. Doesn't matter if you are 5-11-1 or 7-9-1. Yes, a positive could be Saturday is liked. However, unless we make the playoffs, it really makes no difference between Saturday or whatever cocah we get at the end of the year.

I'd rather pay the least amount possible to trade up. We need too much to not have enough draft picks to fix the team. 

I want to either make the playoffs or lose every game. No in between. Mediocrity is the worst spot a team can be in.

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Tanking is still worth more to me. Sorry. If you don't make the playoffs and have a losing record, the season is a failure and you are losers. Doesn't matter if you are 5-11-1 or 7-9-1. Yes, a positive could be Saturday is liked. However, unless we make the playoffs, it really makes no difference between Saturday or whatever cocah we get at the end of the year.

I'd rather pay the least amount possible to trade up. We need too much to not have enough draft picks to fix the team. 

I want to either make the playoffs or lose every game. No in between. Mediocrity is the worst spot a team can be in.

So you want a defeated mentality (from players) next year... With no major change in draft pick... 

Good luck... 

My honest hope is that Coach Saturday will have enough smarts to use the negaativity against both him and the team to turn that into positive energy to defeat the Raiders today. Bah humbug on "the Colts circus", as we've become around the league.

I honestly think we could win 3 games this season, but who knows? We just might catch fire and take off.

As far as coach goes...... anybody besides Josh McDaniels. :)

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

storngly disagree with you.

i never root for a loss. 

doesnt matter if we are gonna make the playoffs or not.

16 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

So you want a defeated mentality (from players) next year... With no major change in draft pick... 

Good luck... 

It's a defeated mentality whether you win 5 games or 6-7. A losing record is a losing record. It isn't going to carry over 8 months either into the next season when they play their 1st regular season game next year anyway. If you tank, do it right.

It is a major change in draft pick if it's 5 spots. That's worth saving an extra 2nd round pick in trade up. I don't care if the team needs to feel good about itself with an extra win or two if I'm saving that pick. A team with a losing record is a losing team whether it's 5, 6, or 7 wins. 

Rooting to tank doesn't make you a bad fan and not rooting to tank doesn't make you a good fan. However, having a mediocre record makes you an irrelevant team. 

3 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

storngly disagree with you.

i never root for a loss. 

That's fine. You would rather have short-term happiness on a 1% chance of making the playoffs than look at it from a long-term perspective where we can get a franchise QB at a better price without sacrificing the future.

Just do me a favor. If we finish with a mediocre record, don't complain when you see the price on draft day that we will have to pay to move up to get our franchise QB from a spot in the teens compared to a pick in the 5-10 range.

13 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

They both sound like very bright guys. I'd bet my lottery winnings Thomas is rather liberal. He will surely be on Colbert touting the company line. 

Brandon had plenty of issues, but seems to have turned the corner about 10 years ago. 

Not really a fan, but he knows Xs and Os, and was a tough S o B... His media work is better than Thomas's. 

And you'd probably win your bet. I could see Joe with a #ResistSaturday sign... lol... 

Archived