Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jeff Saturday Prediction

EastStreet

Jeff Saturday Prediction  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Multi Pick - which games are wins

2. 2. Jeff's record?

3. 3. Minimum Wins (for Jeff to win the perm HC job)

4. 4. Jeff will be....

• The perm Indy HC in 2023
    • Not be here in 2023
    • Will be in the Indy FO in 2023
    • Other coach position (like Indy's OL coach)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/13/2022 at 09:00 PM

7 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I expect they practiced with heavy packages 

But I don't expect all running. 

LVR is decent vs the run. LVR is pretty bad vs the pass. 

But the DL has some talent. Both DEs are capable. Crosby is elite, and jones had 10+ sacks last year. 

So likely will take both. 

I do not expect us to run 100% of the time. Never did. 

There is an opportunity here to run the ball. And we also have some favorable advantages... Mainly, because the Raiders have no idea what to game plan for. They had to guess. 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I do not expect us to run 100% of the time. Never did. 

There is an opportunity here to run the ball. And we also have some favorable advantages... Mainly, because the Raiders have no idea what to game plan for. They had to guess. 

IDK. If I were the Raiders, I'd expect more run than pass given Sam is starting, and JT is back. And be ready for QB runs. 

But if were Jeff, I'd be ready to quickly to go pass if the OL is holding. 

Should be interesting. Nothing would surprise me. 

Just now, EastStreet said:

IDK. If I were the Raiders, I'd expect more run than pass given Sam is starting, and JT is back. And be ready for QB runs. 

But if were Jeff, I'd be ready to quickly to go pass if the OL is holding. 

Should be interesting. Nothing would surprise me. 

It would be logical for the Raiders to expect the Colts to try and run the ball... 

It is not as simple as preparing for a team to run the ball though. There are so many different ways to run the ball. Hell, we could open up with the wishbone today. I am not saying that will happen... But it is much more than just run vs pass.

Even when we do choose to pass... The Colts have not ran screens all year... maybe a few times. I would expect the Colts to try and get the backs the ball in open space today. 

1 hour ago, BlueShoe said:

@Jared Cisneros

I will make a deal with you.

You agree to have an open mind about Jeff Saturday. I will agree to continue calling balls and strikes on the results. We will let the results lead our rationality. After the game, we can talk about the effort from the team, and the overall direction this team is heading in. 

Fair enough?

That works.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

He is to tank and get a higher draft pick for a franchise QB. Being in the ring of honor or being an All-Pro doesn't make you more qualified to be a HC in the NFL.

So you think Jeff Saturday would agree to that?

Come on, man. 

You really think the conversation went down like this...

[Jim] Hey brother... We need to lose the rest of our games. I need you to come in here and make sure that happens. 

[Jeff] Yeah. I will ruin my reputation. Whatever it takes to make sure the Colts get the first pick in the draft. 

[Jim] Thanks brother... Let's put on a show for the fans. Make them believe we really want to win.

-------------------------------------------------------

No way in hell that conversation went down like that. 

1 hour ago, AustinnKaine said:

okay but are u not getting it?

Josh McDaniels has all the pre-reqs and his team still sucks. 

so all the people beating on their chest about coaching experience need to take a look at the reality. A lot of coaches with a lot of experience are bad. McDaniels might get fired if they lose today.

Who cares about McDaniels? He's one coach that is bad at his job. Even so, he still went through the process of working his way up as a HC. What you are failing to mention is that every coach who is successful did the same thing. Saturday has to do something no other coach has done before. 

Your argument is based purely on hope and faith as a Colts fan. No history supports your viewpoint that you present. Like ever.

4 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

It would be logical for the Raiders to expect the Colts to try and run the ball... 

It is not as simple as preparing for a team to run the ball though. There are so many different ways to run the ball. Hell, we could open up with the wishbone today. I am not saying that will happen... But it is much more than just run vs pass.

Even when we do choose to pass... The Colts have not ran screens all year... maybe a few times. I would expect the Colts to try and get the backs the ball in open space today. 

IMO, easier to prep for run, than passing. Sure, different ways to run, but LVR isn't gong to prep for wishbone lol... 

They'll prep for both (pass and run), but they roll the dice every week (what % of this, and that). 

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

So you think Jeff Saturday would agree to that?

Come on, man. 

You really think the conversation went down like this...

[Jim] Hey brother... We need to lose the rest of our games. I need you to come in here and make sure that happens. 

[Jeff] Yeah. I will ruin my reputation. Whatever it takes to make sure the Colts get the first pick in the draft. 

[Jim] Thanks brother... Let's put on a show for the fans. Make them believe we really want to win.

-------------------------------------------------------

No way in hell that conversation went down like that. 

I don't think that at all. Saturday would never agree to tank. Irsay hired him to tank because he's betting on the fact that Saturday will fail on his own by trying his best. Irsay doesn't need to beg him to do it. He's the least qualified HC in NFL history.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Who cares about McDaniels? He's one coach that is bad at his job. Even so, he still went through the process of working his way up as a HC. What you are failing to mention is that every coach who is successful did the same thing. Saturday has to do something no other coach has done before. 

Your argument is based purely on hope and faith as a Colts fan. No history supports your viewpoint that present. Like ever.

right so just ignore the whole point when it doesn't fit your narrative. 

"omg saturday has no experience he's gonna suck"

'well there's plenty of coaches with experience that suck"

Jared - "well you're just a fan, so it doesn't matter"

try and find a better argument

3 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

That's not possible. Choosing to ignore the obvious and truth to fit your own narrative and reality is the sign of a disillusioned individual.

I don't think that at all. Saturday would never agree to tank. Irsay hired him to tank because he's betting on the fact that Saturday will fail on his own by trying his best. Irsay doesn't need to beg him to do it. He's the least qualified HC in NFL history.

So you think that Jeff Saturday is stupid then?

You think Jeff would fall for that. 

If Jim Irsay's intentions are to fail, you think Jeff Saturday would be totally oblivious to that? You don't think Jeff had some questions? Some assurances as to what he was putting his name on here? 

What you are talking about is a conspiracy theory. Could Jim have made a bad decision? Yes... He absolutely could have. I think we should wait for the results, before we explore a conspiracy theory. 

Just now, AustinnKaine said:

Tell me why the one coach with no NFL or college experience has a realistic chance of succeeding at the NFL level when hundreds of coaches who went through the process have failed. The odds are astronomically low. I still don't think you understand that this hasn't happened for 61 years. Most people on the forum weren't alive the last time it happened. 

It's not a coin flip Saturday will be good. It's much lower than that. Seems like you're just trolling at this point by trying not to understand as much as possible and pretending that Saturday has an equal chance as any other HC in the NFL to succeed. By that token, Irsay could of just hired a HS coach from Indiana to be our HC and he would of had the same chance of being good.

Just now, BlueShoe said:

If Jim Irsay's intentions are to fail, you think Jeff Saturday would be totally oblivious to that? You don't think Jeff had some questions? Some assurances as to what he was putting his name on here? 

What you are talking about is a conspiracy theory. Could Jim have made a bad decision? Yes... He absolutely could have. I think we should wait for the results, before we explore a conspiracy theory. 

See my previous response to @AustinnKaine about what was said. It fits a conspiracy theory narrative that's chosen to be believed and spread. It's garbage.

4 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I think Jeff knows it's a win/win situation for himself. If he fails, no one will blame him as they will blame Irsay for hiring him when he clearly wasn't qualified yet. If he does well, he could potentially be the HC of the Colts or another team next year, and he could literally skip the college level.

Saturday doesn't suffer in any way with this decision, and the Colts could hugely benefit with a new franchise QB or coach as well.

Tell me why the one coach with no NFL or college experience has a realistic chance of succeeding at the NFL level when hundreds of coaches who went through the process have failed. The odds are astronomically low. I still don't think you understand that this hasn't happened for 61 years. Most people on the forum weren't alive the last time it happened. 

It's not a coin flip Saturday will be good. It's much lower than that. Seems like you're just trolling at this point by trying not to understand as much as possible and pretending that Saturday has an equal chance as any other HC in the NFL to succeed. By that token, Irsay could of just hired a HS coach from Indiana to be our HC and he would of had the same chance of being good.

im trolling? you are just putting words in my mouth. 

the only thing ive really said is this, "A lot of coaches in the NFL with experience suck. Therefore, a coach without experience isn't that much different, and even if he sucks, most coaches suck"

I could write it down and put it in your sock drawer, but i still don't think you'd get it.

I think Jeff knows it's a win/win situation for him. If he fails, no one will blame him as they will blame Irsay for hiring him when he clearly wasn't qualified yet. If he does well, he could potentially be the HC of the Colts or another team next year, and he could literally skip the college level.

Saturday doesn't suffer in any way with this decision, and the Colts could hugely benefit with a new franchise QB or coach as well.

Maybe Irsay is not as foolish than some think? 

1 minute ago, AustinnKaine said:

im trolling? you are just putting words in my mouth. 

the only thing ive really said is this, "A lot of coaches in the NFL with experience suck. Therefore, a coach without experience isn't that much different, and even if he sucks, most coaches suck"

I could write it down and put it in your sock drawer, but i still don't think you'd get it.

Ok, and that thought is still inherently false. A coach with experience is much more likely to succeed with experience than without. It's like if I'm in college and take a test and study, I'm much more likely to pass the test than if I just wing it. 

Most coaches do fail, and those coaches worked their way up at every level. So what chance does Saturday have of working out? Here's a hint, it's lower than any coach in the last 61 years as of now. He's literally the only HC in NFL history that members of this forum are as qualified as if they've coached HS. 

His inexperience is a HUGE deal. I still don't think you understand just how much. It's not close to any current HC.

I think Jeff knows it's a win/win situation for him. If he fails, no one will blame him as they will blame Irsay for hiring him when he clearly wasn't qualified yet. If he does well, he could potentially be the HC of the Colts or another team next year, and he could literally skip the college level.

I have been trying to get you to take a step back, and have an objective point of view. I have talked to you for years on this board, and you are one my favorite people here. Because I know that you are passionate about the Colts. I love that about you. But you have made a conclusion and using anything to support your conclusion. You are not that guy. 

Use logic, brother. Let the data tell you the conclusion. 

We might not win another game. Even then it doesn't prove your conspiracy theory. That would only prove that Jim Irsay made a terrible decision for the 2022 season. You have to reach a long way to come to the conclusion that you have. And you are coming off, like you are grasping for straws here to support your conclusion. 

We are all guilty of it sometimes, and right now you are allowing emotion to cloud your judgement. 

10 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

How many of those HS coaches have 14 years as an NFL player.   How many have worked and played with several HOF'ers?    

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Ok, and that thought is still inherently false. A coach with experience is much more likely to succeed with experience than without. It's like if I'm in college and take a test and study, I'm much more likely to pass the test than if I just wing it. 

Most coaches do fail, and those coaches worked their way up at every level. So what chance does Saturday have of working out? Here's a hint, it's lower than any coach in the last 61 years as of now. He's literally the only HC in NFL history that members of this forum are as qualified as if they've coached HS. 

His inexperience is a HUGE deal. I still don't think you understand just how much. It's not close to any current HC.

Norm Van Brocklin was a HC for 14 years.   He never coached at any level before that. 

8 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

you dont have enough of a sample size to make that determination.

the stats actually suggest a coach with experience is more likely to fail in general,  with the basic fact that more coaches fail than not.

the reality is that we don't have enough of a sample size for coaches with no experience to make any determinations. you are talking like you know something, and you don't. the same set of facts you think support your stance directly undermind it. 

of course his inexperience is a huge deal, that's not what we are debating

also,  we haven't even got to the point that he does have experience. 5x pro bowl center, 15 years in a locker room, leader of men. he does have experience. 

---> and to conclude, a head coach is really a speaker. a motivation speaker, a leader, and a game manager. Saturday has experience in all of the above. he has experience watching film. he has experience breaking down defenses. he has experience in protections, he does have experience. its just not the flavor you want it to be. 

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

I have been trying to get you to take a step back, and have an objective point of view. I have talked to you for years on this board, and you are one my favorite people here. Because I know that you are passionate about the Colts. I love that about you. But you have made a conclusion and using anything to support your conclusion. You are not that guy. 

Use logic, brother. Let the data tell you the conclusion. 

We might not win another game. Even then it doesn't prove your conspiracy theory. That would only prove that Jim Irsay made a terrible decision for the 2022 season. You have to reach a long way to come to the conclusion that you have. And you are coming off, like you are grasping for straws here to support your conclusion. 

We are all guilty of it sometimes, and right now you are allowing emotion to cloud your judgement. 

Honestly, I'm fine with the hire, because I know the probable result. I'm thinking like Irsay would think as an owner. That's it. I don't think it's too farfetched to think like I'm thinking. I'm surprised people don't agree with me on this.

Honestly, I'm fine with the hire, because I know the probable result. I'm thinking like Irsay would think as an owner. That's it. I don't think it's too farfetched to think like I'm thinking. I'm surprised people don't agree with me on this.

they dont agree because no one here really thinks we are trying to lose. and its an unpopular stance for a fan to take, to be hopeful about losing. its a loser mentality.

they dont agree because no one here really thinks we are trying to lose. and its an unpopular stance for a fan to take, to be hopeful about losing. its a loser mentality.

I would rather be a loser for one year than many years. Look at what we've gone through with Ballard. We deserve a franchise QB. You really think we're winning anything this year? Even if Ryan starts, the O-Line stinks and he's a turnover machine.

I would rather be a loser for one year than many years. Look at what we've gone through with Ballard. We deserve a franchise QB. You really think we're winning anything this year? Even if Ryan starts, the O-Line stinks and he's a turnover machine.

it doesn't matter how many games we win/lose as long as we aren't losing intentionally. 

i don't ever wanna root for my team to lose, or quit.  literally a loser's mentallity. 

it doesn't matter how many games we win/lose as long as we aren't losing intentionally. 

i don't ever wanna root for my team to lose, or quit.  literally a loser's mentallity. 

Ok, I don't understand that viewpoint, nor will I ever. I guess I'm looking at this from a long-term viewpoint of winning a SB. I don't think we are in the same universe of discussion here.

The problem with your logic... you are only looking at this from a single point of view. Your entire thought process is the idea of tanking. 

The Colts are 3-5-1... They are not out of this. We can all agree on the very tall mountain to climb here. 

How about this... Try putting yourself in Jim Irsay's shoes from a different extreme point of view. Imagine you are trying to salvage the season. What would you do then?

As the team owner, you are watching the Colts/Pats game. Your team has underperformed all season. Your offensive line that you paid a ton of money to is allowing 9 sacks. You can't run the ball. You can't pass the ball. Your offense looks lifeless. Your defense is playing like world beaters. You know you have the right defensive coordinator and special teams coordinator. They would be hot commodities if they hit the open market. Elevating either one to interim head coach means you either have to hire them for the full time job or lose them. You could not put that genie back in the bottle. The only way to possibly keep this team together is to be creative. 

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Ok, I don't understand that viewpoint, nor will I ever. I guess I'm looking at this from a long-term viewpoint of winning a SB. I don't think we are in the same universe of discussion here.

yeah we are not the same type of fan. that's the discussion.

i always root for the colts to win, and you do not. 

big differene.

3 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

The problem with your logic... you are only looking at this from a single point of view. Your entire thought process is the idea of tanking. 

The Colts are 3-5-1... They are not out of this. We can all agree on the very tall mountain to climb here. 

How about this... Try putting yourself in Jim Irsay's shoes from a different extreme point of view. Imagine you are trying to salvage the season. What would you do then?

As the team owner, you are watching the Colts/Pats game. Your team has underperformed all season. Your offensive line that you paid a ton of money to is allowing 9 sacks. You can't run the ball. You can't pass the ball. Your offense looks lifeless. Your defense is playing like world beaters. You know you have the right defensive coordinator and special teams coordinator. They would be hot commodities if they hit the open market. Elevating either one to interim head coach means you either have to hire them for the full time job or lose them. You could not put that genie back in the bottle. The only way to possibly keep this team together is to be creative. 

Fair enough. Let's see what happens and we'll talk about it more after the game at some point. 

Have a good day! :thmup:

yeah we are not the same type of fan. that's the discussion.

i always root for the colts to win, and you do not. 

big differene.

I never want a loss for the Colts under any circumstance. If there is a spot in the draft that is wanted the GMs job is to make it happen.  Ballard has shown he will move up and down in the draft. 

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I never want a loss for the Colts under any circumstance. If there is a spot in the draft that is wanted the GMs job is to make it happen.  Ballard has shown he will move up and down in the draft. 

agreed 100%

Archived