Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jeff Saturday Prediction

EastStreet

Jeff Saturday Prediction  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Multi Pick - which games are wins

2. 2. Jeff's record?

3. 3. Minimum Wins (for Jeff to win the perm HC job)

4. 4. Jeff will be....

• The perm Indy HC in 2023
    • Not be here in 2023
    • Will be in the Indy FO in 2023
    • Other coach position (like Indy's OL coach)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/13/2022 at 09:00 PM

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It's a defeated mentality whether you win 5 games or 6-7. A losing record is a losing record. It isn't going to carry over 8 months either into the next season when they play their 1st regular season game next year anyway. If you tank, do it right.

It is a major change in draft pick if it's 5 spots. That's worth saving an extra 2nd round pick in trade up. I don't care if the team needs to feel good about itself with an extra win or two if I'm saving that pick. A team with a losing record is a losing team whether it's 5, 6, or 7 wins. 

Rooting to tank doesn't make you a bad fan and not rooting to tank doesn't make you a good fan. However, having a mediocre record makes you an irrelevant team. 

I hate tanking but we need a QB assuming Matt Ryan doesn't make a miraculous comeback and plays well and we make the playoffs. If we lose the rest of our games, we should be able to get the QB that Irsay and Ballard want. I doubt we pick #1 or #2 but there are like 4 or 5 good QB's coming out. I would still love to see us salvage the season with Matt back and Saturday at coach because that would be the story of the year if made the playoffs with those 2 at this point. If not, no big deal, we move on with a new coach and a young QB out of the draft going into 2023.

Only time in my fandom since 1984 that I wanted us to tank was in 2011 but it wasn't until we got to 0-8 - I knew the season was over then. It is because Luck was there to be drafted. Otherwise I hate losing/tanking.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hate tanking but we need a QB assuming Matt Ryan doesn't make a miraculous comeback and plays well and we make the playoffs. If we lose the rest of our games, we should be able to get the QB that Irsay and Ballard want. I doubt we pick #1 or #2 but there are like 4 or 5 good QB's coming out. I would still love to see us salvage the season with Matt back and Saturday at coach because that would be the story of the year if made the playoffs with those 2 at this point. If not, no big deal, we move on with a new coach and a young QB out of the draft going into 2023.

Only time in my fandom since 1984 that I wanted us to tank was in 2011 but it wasn't until we got to 0-8 - I knew the season was over then. It is because Luck was there to be drafted. Otherwise I hate losing/tanking.

If we started Matt today, I would actually be rooting for a win. At least then I know there would be an effort to win with a new coach and playcaller. Starting Sam is an indication that Irsay wants to tank though, so if that's the direction we are going, then lets do it right and lose every game. 

I think we go 2-6 the rest of the way, beating the Steelers and Texans. The ideal situation would be Sam has a great game today and he becomes a solid franchise QB, but the odds of that are very slim.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I voted we beat the Steelers and Texans

2-6 

if we wins 5 you have to consider bringing him back

I say FO. 

This is assuming Matt Ryan doesn't play and we stick with Sam.

Haha, we have the same prediction on the 2-6, beating the Texans and Steelers. I swear I posted before seeing your post lol! haha 

16 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

That's fine. You would rather have short-term happiness on a 1% chance of making the playoffs than look at it from a long-term perspective where we can get a franchise QB at a better price without sacrificing the future.

Just do me a favor. If we finish with a mediocre record, don't complain when you see the price on draft day that we will have to pay to move up to get our franchise QB from a spot in the teens compared to a pick in the 5-10 range.

dont put words in my mouth

i just dont want a team that quits. big difference buddy

I picked

lv Pitt and Tex   - I really want to be McDaniels today and I bet irsay does too

3 wins and 5 losses 

I put 2 min but I’m not sure the record will matter so I should have picked 0.  
I think he comes back in an fo capacity.  Pres or ceo or some oversight position. 

19 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It's a defeated mentality whether you win 5 games or 6-7. A losing record is a losing record. It isn't going to carry over 8 months either into the next season when they play their 1st regular season game next year anyway. If you tank, do it right.

It is a major change in draft pick if it's 5 spots. That's worth saving an extra 2nd round pick in trade up. I don't care if the team needs to feel good about itself with an extra win or two if I'm saving that pick. A team with a losing record is a losing team whether it's 5, 6, or 7 wins. 

Rooting to tank doesn't make you a bad fan and not rooting to tank doesn't make you a good fan. However, having a mediocre record makes you an irrelevant team. 

Nah. When the org is trying to lose, that creates a defeated mentality. And sends a message to players that they have nothing to play for. 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Hence the change... 

It's a change that's intended to cause a tank for 8 games. Hire a coach with no college or NFL experience, make Parks Frazier the playcalling with little to no playcalling experience, start a 6th round QB in Sam that is at best, a complete wildcard. 

What could go wrong (right)? lol

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Oh trust me, they already quit lol. haha 

yeah and Frank got booted. 

Good thing fans don't dictate when players try or not. otherwise 31 teams in the league would be throwing games right now. 

You think we need a top 5 pick for a QB? go and look at all the recent "top QB prospects" they all suck,. 

1 minute ago, AustinnKaine said:

Good thing fans don't dictate when players try or not. otherwise 31 teams in the league would be throwing games right now. 

You think we need a top 5 pick for a QB? go and look at all the recent "top QB prospects" they all suck,. 

As bad as Frank is/was, he is still MUCH more qualified than Saturday. In fact, people on this forum that coach high school football are as qualified as Saturday. He's a HS coach with name value. 

I never said you have to win the SB to not throw games. IMO, a team who makes the playoffs has a successful season as they have given themselves a chance to win the SB. 

Who said these QB prospects suck? You? The only one that looks terrible is the Kentucky QB. In fact, I would take Hendon Hooker in a heartbeat (despite his age).

5 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

The draft is a crapshoot no doubt. We could probably pick around 15th and still maybe draft the right one. I like 4 or 5 coming out this year. This past draft QB class sucked IMO. Key is, is picking the right one. There have been so many busts that nobody knows what will happen. 

It's a change that's intended to cause a tank for 8 games. Hire a coach with no college or NFL experience, make Parks Frazier the playcalling with little to no playcalling experience, start a 6th round QB in Sam that is at best, a complete wildcard. 

You don't make sense...

If the players already quit, and the coaching was already horrible, why not stick with the "bad" and "quitters"..

Instead we brought in someone that demands more, and wants to win... 

So you're putting all your money on Irsay bringing Jeff, because Irsay thinks Jeff is awful?

As bad as Frank is/was, he is still MUCH more qualified than Saturday. In fact, people on this forum that coach high school football are as qualified as Saturday. He's a HS coach with name value. 

I never said you have to win the SB to not throw games. IMO, a team who makes the playoffs has a successful season as they have given themselves a chance to win the SB. 

Who said these QB prospects suck? You? The only one that looks terrible is the Kentucky QB. In fact, I would take Hendon Hooker in a heartbeat (despite his age).

ok who cares? how qualified is josh mcdaniels?

might as well go be a Raiders fan dude. 

and i said most top QB prospects end up sucking. if you can't read i can't help ya buddy

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

You don't make sense...

If the players already quit, and the coaching was already horrible, why not stick with the "bad" and "quitters"..

Instead we brought in someone that demands more, and wants to win... 

So you're putting all your money on Irsay bringing Jeff, because Irsay thinks Jeff is awful?

I said this above, Frank Reich, despite getting fired, is much more qualified than Jeff Saturday. I don't care if Jeff demands more, I don't care if he wants to win, I care that he has no experience beyond the HS level. That's why Irsay hired him. Irsay knows he will lose and get us a higher draft pick. It's calculated. 

Wanting to win and demanding more won't make you win.

12 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Taylor. He could spoil the Tank and go 150 and 2 TD's. That would be the beauty of it though wouldn't it :thmup:

5 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

ok who cares? how qualified is josh mcdaniels?

might as well go be a Raiders fan dude. 

He's more qualified than Saturday. He had plenty of experience as an OC for Belichick and a former HC before that for the Broncos. As of now, Saturday is literally the least qualified and least experienced HC since 1961. 

You can believe in him because you are a Colts fan, you can have faith in him and all that, but nothing as of now points to him being a good HC that has logic. It's all hope and faith. Irsay knows this, and that's why he hired him. He is trying to get a franchise QB, and Jeff is the pawn to tank for us the rest of the way (unintentionally by him).

Before I answer a poll like this, I need to see what happens today. I want to see the changes in the offensive philosophy. I want to see what kind of effort the players show. There is a lot going on here. 

Obviously it is too late in the season to change the entire playbook. But I want to see what portions of the playbook we lean on the most. On offense, I would like to see heavier personnel and an emphasis on running the football. I need to see great execution in the blocking and running from the backs. 

We could lose this game by three scores, and still come away with some positives. The effort guys are going to stand out today. The players who are going to be with us for the long haul... we will know who wants to be a Colt, and who is mailing it in. Jeff Saturday has not had a chance to grade these players yet. Jeff is an effort guy... And he will pinpoint who the effort guys are on this team, today. That all leads to step 1... If we can win and go through these steps... Well that is icing on the cake. 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Taylor. He could spoil the Tank and go 150 and 2 TD's. That would be the beauty of it though wouldn't it :thmup:

haha That would literally be the worst-case scenario tbh. If we win, I want it to be because of Sam so we possibly have a future franchise QB with him.

14 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I said this above, Frank Reich, despite getting fired, is much more qualified than Jeff Saturday. I don't care if Jeff demands more, I don't care if he wants to win, I care that he has no experience beyond the HS level. That's why Irsay hired him. Irsay knows he will lose and get us a higher draft pick. It's calculated. 

Wanting to win and demanding more won't make you win.

The "qualified" guy lost the team. The "qualified" has been fired now 4 times. The "qualified" guy's claim to fame was not-play-calling for the Eagles.... 

The qualified guy was a nice/great "guy". That's it. His qualifications led to a defeated locker room. 

We'll see... Jeff could lay a turd. Might not. But I'd guess he'll does no worse than Frank. Which doesn't support your narrative. 

17 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

He's more qualified than Saturday. He had plenty of experience as an OC for Belichick and a former HC before that for the Broncos. As of now, Saturday is literally the least qualified and least experienced HC since 1961. 

You can believe in him because you are a Colts fan, you can have faith in him and all that, but nothing as of now points to him being a good HC that has logic. It's all hope and faith. Irsay knows this, and that's why he hired him. He is trying to get a franchise QB, and Jeff is the pawn to tank for us the rest of the way (unintentionally by him).

Yes…because Ring of Honor member and multiple All-Pro Jeff Saturday is Irsay’s “boy,” right?

:facepalm:

If somehow we can fix the oline problem, get a running game going and get Matt back at QB we could win any game.  Problem is the oline stinks so bad it affects everything.  It may be time to put that guard at tackle even though I hate even saying that.

30 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

okay but are u not getting it?

Josh McDaniels has all the pre-reqs and his team still sucks. 

so all the people beating on their chest about coaching experience need to take a look at the reality. A lot of coaches with a lot of experience are bad. McDaniels might get fired if they lose today.

44 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

What about Saturday possibly playing Matt Ryan? If he can get the offensive line sorted out to some degree and starts playing Ryan, doesn't that seem potentially like a less effective tank than Frank playing Sam the rest of the season? 

@Jared Cisneros

I will make a deal with you.

You agree to have an open mind about Jeff Saturday. I will agree to continue calling balls and strikes on the results. We will let the results lead our rationality. After the game, we can talk about the effort from the team, and the overall direction this team is heading in. 

Fair enough?

2 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

Whatever happens there will be major scrutiny on Irsay to interview minority coaches and there are solid prospects as well as other coaching options. If a new head coach comes in Saturday will moved to front office. This is a huge experiment with a low chance of success 

Zero scrutiny.

Jim will follow the Rooney Rule for the perm job. It's required. 

There was no requirement for interim. 

Rumors are circling that Sam will have a very short leash today... And we could see Matt Ryan early, if the offense sputters. I think this has more to do with common sense projection than anything else... But maybe someone leaked this... A few folks on Twitter are talking about this, even some notoriety folks. 

My thought was that Sam would get 1 game... But obviously that means I would also agree with pulling Sam for having a poor start in this game too. 

We have come a long way from folks accusing the Colts of tanking the rest of the season. Seems like a lot of people have done a complete 180 on that idea. This is why it is best to stay grounded in our thoughts. All the knee jerk reactions, are just that. 

Emotion can be great, when based on rationality. Often the people who speak the loudest are folks mixing emotion and irrational thoughts. None of us are immune to either. 

5 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Rumors are circling that Sam will have a very short leash today... And we could see Matt Ryan early, if the offense sputters. I think this has more to do with common sense projection than anything else... But maybe someone leaked this... A few folks on Twitter are talking about this, even some notoriety folks. 

My thought was that Sam would get 1 game... But obviously that means I would also agree with pulling Sam for having a poor start in this game too. 

We have come a long way from folks accusing the Colts of tanking the rest of the season. Seems like a lot of people have done a complete 180 on that idea. This is why it is best to stay grounded in our thoughts. All the knee jerk reactions, are just that. 

Emotion can be great, when based on rationality. Often the people who speak the loudest are folks mixing emotion and irrational thoughts. None of us are immune to either. 

IMO.. it'll be a combo between Sam;s performance, and OL performance. 

The better the OL is, the shorter the leash. 

Wish I was at practice this week... I'd bet both QBs practice with the #1 team, and Ryan was focused on quick passes. Interested in the OL practice too. 

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

IMO.. it'll be a combo between Sam;s performance, and OL performance. 

The better the OL is, the shorter the leash. 

Wish I was at practice this week... I'd bet both QBs practice with the #1 team, and Ryan was focused on quick passes. Interested in the OL practice too. 

I would love to have been at practice to see the formations... I am hoping they geared the game plan to heavier packages. 

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

I would love to have been at practice to see the formations... I am hoping they geared the game plan to heavier packages. 

I expect they practiced with heavy packages 

But I don't expect all running. 

LVR is decent vs the run. LVR is pretty bad vs the pass. 

But the DL has some talent. Both DEs are capable. Crosby is elite, and jones had 10+ sacks last year. 

So likely will take both. 

5 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

I know this rule, I’m just saying the pressure will be strong to hire a minority coach. Irsay is taking heat right now 

Same pressure every time a new HC is hired. No difference.

Even some wokesters complained about the interim placement of Jeff.

At the end, the rule will be followed. And Irsay will decide regardless of what other think/say.

My top 2 are Payton and Bieniemy. But I'd be happy with Jeff if he does well over the next two months. 

21 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

I know this rule, I’m just saying the pressure will be strong to hire a minority coach. Irsay is taking heat right now 

Every time there is a head coach opening, the media puts pressure on the team's to hire a minority coach...

Here is the deal... Players are making millions of dollars... Take race out of the equation for a moment... Just focus on the players for a moment. They are making millions. Some are making multimillions. I am assuming that we can agree on that, correct?

Can you think of anyone who wants to go from making millions of dollars, to working their way up through the coaching ranks? Think of what that involves. You start off as an assistant to the assistant to the assistant. Making 40 grand a year... It takes a long time to work through those ranks. It is the way it has always been done. Occasionally someone will get an opportunity to be positions coach early. Even in those situations, the person is still a few steps away from a heading coaching opportunity. 

Logically, it's easy to understand why players do not become head coaches. Sure it is easy to say that all of this has to do with race. But that is not what the logic says. 

Fast forward to the current Jeff Saturday situation. IF... BIG IF... Let's say Saturday finds some success. That's a game changer for how the entire system works. Why wouldn't everyone be rooting for Jeff Saturday to have some success? He would break down the entire system as we know it. More team owners would try this approach too. It could become common for a team to look at outside candidates in interim head coaching situations. 

The logic outweighs the irrational emotional response... Which is almost always going to hold true. So the folks crying foul on this, well... The results could shatter the entire argument. 

Archived