Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who gets traded?

runthepost

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Nevbot said:

Look at what the Niners just gave up for CMC.  2,3,4,5 round picks. 

JT being younger I think warrants a 1,2,3 easily. No question

No way. CMC was a first rounder and an all purpose back that can pass protect, shifty after catching the pass and running the ball, of which only 1 category exists (running) where JT matches him. We’d be lucky to get a 2nd and 3rd, most likely it would be a 2nd and 4th. I said before the CMC trade he will go for a high 2nd and 3rd at tops without a 1st, the 4th and 5th were gravy.

The thing about JT is he doesn’t have a big contract which should allow us to get a 2nd and 3rd easily because of that. But you can’t catch lightning in a bottle again and expect another JT drafted in Round  2 that instantly takes to the offense and OL blocking schemes.

1 hour ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

They are selling players so yeah tanking.

tanking and rebuild are different. 

the dolphins fiasco is "tanking" intentionally losing. 

what the panthers are doing is a rebuild. if they were tanking, they wouldn't of won last week. 

Brian Burns wouldn't of played. 

8 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

they arent gonna trade JT

They probably wont get an offer they would take but he wouldnt be untouchable to me.  I like him but it would be tempting to load up on draft ammo to make a move for a QB

Too bad he wasnt a first rounder himself for the 5th year option, hes due to be paid soon 

Just now, BlackTiger said:

They probably wont get an offer they would take but he wouldnt be untouchable to me.  I like him but it would be tempting to load up on draft ammo to make a move for a QB

Too bad he wasnt a first rounder himself for the 5th year option, hes due to be paid soon 

its just a feeling i get from Irsay and Ballard. I really don't see them trading him. Not right now, not even close to it. 

1 minute ago, runthepost said:

Baker and Darnold are worse than Walker 

this guy lol... how are they tanking, but they win the game after making moves? tank and rebuild are not the same. 

1 minute ago, AustinnKaine said:

its just a feeling i get from Irsay and Ballard. I really don't see them trading him. Not right now, not even close to it. 

I really like the guy but handing a big contract to any RB makes me nervous now.  It would take a lot to get him and i doubt that offer comes in now.  yeah they might consider him untouchable too idk.  

To me i would consider him trade able but it wouldnt be cheap 

1 hour ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

They are selling players so yeah tanking.

Rebuilding and tanking are not the samething.  Current coaches and players don’t tank because they get fired and replaced at the end of the year so what do they care if the team gets a higher draft pick?  Yes the GM can sell off players but the current coach and players are still going to try to win.  

7 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

they arent gonna trade JT

Of course not. They’re going to make him the highest paid RB. Should make for good conversation in the future.

Realistically him and Pittman are the Colts best trade assets. Both coming up on final years and due huge contract extensions.

Not the declining huge contract guys.

3 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Of course not. They’re going to make him the highest paid RB. Should make for good conversation in the future.

Realistically him and Pittman are the Colts best trade assets. Both coming up on final years and due huge contract extensions.

Not the declining huge contract guys.

yeah but I also feel like they view them as Colts pillars moving forward. 

I get a similar vibe about Alec Pierce.

11 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Honestly, I think it depends on what happens with Ballard at seasons end.  If Ballard stays he probably keeps his guys.  If Ballard goes and a new GM comes in he’s going to want his own guys and may very well move guys like Taylor and Pittman to get draft picks and or players he wants.  

4 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

It’s easy to fall in love with the good players and overlook the value of the position. 

7 minutes ago, MPStack said:

It’s easy to fall in love with the good players and overlook the value of the position. 

you mean Taylor? or Pittman?

I mean I think theres a fair argument to say you might not be able to replace them. Pittman isn't some random scrub WR a dime a dozen. He doesn't sauce people up on his routes, but he is a force in the middle of the field, he hits people. He is a great possesion WR. 

And Taylor? I mean he's had a bad year this year, but our OL ranks towards the bottom. Last year Taylor single handedly carried us, look at the NE game for refference. People seem to have short term memory, or think that just because a position is labelled one way, that they don't bring top end value. JT is a game changer. It's not just a colts perspective, but a league wide one. 

You can trade those guys for picks, and then what? Draft someone to replace them cheaper? Hope that they turn out to be dogs? Makes more sense to just pay your guys. The numbers will work themselves out in the end. 

1 minute ago, AustinnKaine said:

you mean Taylor? or Pittman?

I mean I think theres a fair argument to say you might not be able to replace them. Pittman isn't some random scrub WR a dime a dozen. He doesn't sauce people up on his routes, but he is a force in the middle of the field, he hits people. He is a great possesion WR. 

And Taylor? I mean he's had a bad year this year, but our OL ranks towards the bottom. Last year Taylor single handedly carried us, look at the NE game for refference. People seem to have short term memory, or think that just because a position is labelled one way, that they don't bring top end value. JT is a game changer. It's not just a colts perspective, but a league wide one. 

You can trade those guys for picks, and then what? Hope that they turn out to be dogs? Makes more sense to just pay your guys. The numbers will work themselves out in the end. 

I’ll just say I am glad Polian kept Marvin rather than getting his own guy.  Sometimes the guys you have are more valuable to you than a trade.  I don’t think either guy is getting traded as long as Ballard is here.  This off-season if a new GM comes in?  Maybe, Like you pointed out, they go you know a young WR like Pittman plus Alec is exactly what a rookie QB needs and having a back like Taylor he can lean on doesn’t hurt either.  Look at Fields with Chicago.  He’s struggling and a lot of people think it’s because he has no weapons.  If the Colts have weapons plus a good defense you are looking at fixing the o-line and finding the QB and the team is “fixed”.  That’s a lot easier than tearing everything down and starting over.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

I’ll just say I am glad Polian kept Marvin rather than getting his own guy.  Sometimes the guys you have are more valuable to you than a trade.  I don’t think either guy is getting traded as long as Ballard is here.  This off-season if a new GM comes in?  Maybe, Like you pointed out, they go you know a young WR like Pittman plus Alec is exactly what a rookie QB needs and having a back like Taylor he can lean on doesn’t hurt either.  Look at Fields with Chicago.  He’s struggling and a lot of people think it’s because he has no weapons.  If the Colts have weapons plus a good defense you are looking at fixing the o-line and finding the QB and the team is “fixed”.  That’s a lot easier than tearing everything down and starting over.

I agree with your take. 

5 hours ago, runthepost said:

With the possibility of being a bad team the rest of the year, who are some players we should trade for picks? 

My top candidates are Hines, Moore, and Kelly

My preference in order

1. Moore - no reason to keep him if he plays outside CB... 
  2. Moore
  3. Moore
  4. Foles - I'll take any draft pick.. or any decent depth OG
  5. RKelly - a 3rd or decent OG
  6. Blackmon - I'd love to keep him if they move him to SS
  7. Strachan - we will never use him correctly. 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

My preference in order

1. Moore - no reason to keep him if he plays outside CB... 
  2. Moore
  3. Moore
  4. Foles - I'll take any draft pick.. or any decent depth OG
  5. RKelly - a 3rd or decent OG
  6. Blackmon - I'd love to keep him if they move him to SS
  7. Strachan - we will never use him correctly. 

I like this list but im not as sold as other people are that Pinter is our answer at C

Not sure we'd get more than a 7th rounder for Strachan

also a lot of Sams throws were going to Patmon / Strachan maybe him starting changes it

Just now, AustinnKaine said:

I like this list but im not as sold as other people are that Pinter is our answer at C

Not sure we'd get more than a 7th rounder for Strachan

With Pitt on the roster at XWR, Strachan will never get time (actual target/actual routes). He'll just be a blocker and decoy. 

Now if when Pitt plays slot at times (IIRC 15ish%), and they used Strachan as an actual target, I'd keep him. But right now, he's just an a emergency Pitt backup. 

I think we'd get a 6th or 7th. 

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

With Pitt on the roster at XWR, Strachan will never get time (actual target/actual routes). He'll just be a blocker and decoy. 

Now if when Pitt plays slot at times (IIRC 15ish%), and they used Strachan as an actual target, I'd keep him. But right now, he's just an a emergency Pitt backup. 

I think we'd get a 6th or 7th. 

yeah not much value in those rounds really. i mean you're basically just swapping him out for some other project player. I did notice his snaps seemed to go up when we got in the red area. I hope he turns into something, but my hopes aren't that high. I also agree that most of his snaps are gonna get taken by pittman. also with campbell and pierce stepping it up, our first 3 WR seem locked in. 

23 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

yeah not much value in those rounds really. i mean you're basically just swapping him out for some other project player. I did notice his snaps seemed to go up when we got in the red area. I hope he turns into something, but my hopes aren't that high. I also agree that most of his snaps are gonna get taken by pittman. also with campbell and pierce stepping it up, our first 3 WR seem locked in. 

Yup, he gets more use in the RZ, but it's still low. Hate the rotation utilization. I don't mind other guys getting snaps, just hate the usage when he is actually given snaps. IMO, another team without a legit X on their roster, would grab him. Xs are in-demand, at least good ones. Very few in the league. 

10 hours ago, runthepost said:

With the possibility of being a bad team the rest of the year, who are some players we should trade for picks? 

My top candidates are Hines, Moore, and Kelly

With Darius Leonard returning relatively soon I could see a linebacker being dealt . Kenny Moore as well.

Would be good to trade Hines, Kelly, Moore and maybe Leonard. 

But I think Ballrad won't trade anyone during the season and depending on our next Coach and his staff there may be others that fit the new system less. 

Plus Kelly and Hines are probably untradeable because of age/performance /contract. 

Archived