Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts schedule

GoColts8818

I am a big believer of you just have to play teams when you play them but it does seem rather odd that the Colts had five division games in their first seven games.  I don’t think there is a conspiracy or anything just an observation.  I am hoping maybe the Colts get a little better when they play outside the division against teams that don’t know their weaknesses and how to attack them as well.

42 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I am a big believer of you just have to play teams when you play them but it does seem rather odd that the Colts had five division games in their first seven games.  I don’t think there is a conspiracy or anything just an observation.  I am hoping maybe the Colts get a little better when they play outside the division against teams that don’t know their weaknesses and how to attack them as well.

I mean what, so far outside the division we are 2-0? Compared to 1-3-1 in the division. So maybe we are just better against the outside division

Just now, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I mean what, so far outside the division we are 2-0? Compared to 1-3-1 in the division. So maybe we are just better against the outside division

I do think there is something to getting outside your division and teams not knowing how to attack you as well.  I am not saying it will save the Colts season, I think not being able to protect your QB is going to be a fatal flaw that can’t be overcome, but I do think the Colts offense might do a bit better against teams that don’t know them as well.  

With the tie, unless we tie Houston for something, we don't have to worry about tiebreakers in 2022.  From this point forward, division record and conference record don't mean anything.  We're either going to finish a half a game ahead or behind whoever.  We won't be playing with the ESPN playoff generator the final month of the season.  For us, it's irrelevant.

Stupid question time....

So let's say the Colts finished 10 - 6 - 1, and the Titans finished 10 - 7. Even though the Titans have the tie breaker over us with the sweep in the division, in that scenario, would we still take the division? Or is it just winning percentage? so 10 wins v 10 wins, and they have tie breaker, so they would win?

19 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

Stupid question time....

So let's say the Colts finished 10 - 6 - 1, and the Titans finished 10 - 7. Even though the Titans have the tie breaker over us with the sweep in the division, in that scenario, would we still take the division? Or is it just winning percentage? so 10 wins v 10 wins, and they have tie breaker, so they would win?

I believe we would be half a ‘point’ ahead so would take the division. Getting 7 more wins, now that is a problem…..

4 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

I believe we would be half a ‘point’ ahead so would take the division. Getting 7 more wins, now that is a problem…..

Oh I know, this was more of a theoretical question to clarify how it would work in general.

All we can do is keeping playing the next game and see where end up. I dont think the division is in reach anymore, we would be hoping for a wild card spot at this point I think. 

I think i've reached the point with this team right now where I'm not really convinced we are going to be doing anything of note this season, at all. I'll just be watching the games and either have my expectations met (which is probably about 6 - 10 - 1 or 7 - 9 - 1, or i'll be pleasantly surprised and we might make a late sneaky push for the playoffs... but im not counting on it.

3 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

Regarding the remainder of the schedule I think we beat the Commanders, Steelers and Texans. End with 6-10-1 record. Hoping im wrong.

That's not what Colts do. 

They would probably lose to Commanders, and then beat a couple of good-to-great teams, and would be on the verge of entering playoffs, make people believe in everybody in the organization again before losing a must-win game to be out of contention for playoffs. 

2 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

That's not what Colts do. 

They would probably lose to Commanders, and then beat a couple of good-to-great teams, and would be on the verge of entering playoffs, make people believe in everybody in the organization again before losing a must-win game to be out of contention for playoffs. 

Deja Vu… :) 

Let’s look at it:

W8: Commanders - W

W9: @Patriots - L

W10: @Raiders - L

W11: Eagles - L

W12: Steelers - W

W13: @Cowboys - L

W14: BYE

W15: @Vikings - W

W16: Chargers - W

W17: @Giants - W

W18: Texans - W

5-7-1 going into the bye week and reeling off 4 straight after the bye week  to keep our season alive for a wild card.

9-7-1

11 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Let’s look at it:

5-7-1 going into the bye week and reeling off 4 straight after the bye week  to keep our season alive for a wild card.

9-7-1

I don’t think 9-7-1 is enough this year. 

21 minutes ago, runthepost said:

I don’t think 9-7-1 is enough this year. 

You may be surprised. My only concern is the games vs Patriots and Raiders being wild card deciders as tie breaker and we should win 1 of those, should we finish 9-7-1. Ravens/Bengals will decide the other division winner / wild card.

Again, I expect Chargers to miss the playoffs and the Jets to cool down with both games vs Patriots and Bills coming up. Dolphins can crash the whole party for sure.

20 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Let’s look at it:

9-7-1

You'll want to switch that W against the Steelers... We just can't seem to beat them, practically ever. 

8 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Outside the Chiefs game, all other wins seem to be against average teams. Broncos can’t beat anyone, it looks like.

Chiefs game, I still say they’ll beat us if we have to play them 7 out of 10 times. Just one of those days when they did so many things wrong and we capitalized. 

51 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Let’s look at it:

9-7-1

It's even more difficult to predict this year.. With teams having great QBs struggling, and supposedly average teams outperforming every week like giants, Jets, Texans and many teams still not sure of how they'd do every other week like Patriots, jaguars, raiders, Steelers, Browns... I think overall records of each team in AFC is going to see a lot more parity than usual. Teams will probably miss playoffs because of tie-breakers and head-to-head matchups, there'll be chance for many teams to enter and miss out playoffs by a game or two. That's going to be an exciting watch for sure... 

Once we know the overall quality of our team isn't gonna cut it when it comes to winning 3 or 4 playoff games in a row, I switch to enjoy how the league does overall and which teams seem to have more thirst to achieve more this season and root for them, just enjoy the NFL season all around. 

5 minutes ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

Everyone thinks the Commanders are an easy win.  Not me.  That DL is pretty damn good and they gave TN all they could handle and they just beat Aaron Rogers with a back up QB.  

Next week becomes a must win but I do not think our OL can handle their DL cleanly.

They looked a lot better without Wentz

7 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

Regarding the remainder of the schedule I think we beat the Commanders, Steelers and Texans. End with 6-10-1 record. Hoping im wrong.

I actually think the Commanders beat us this coming weekend. Heinike gave this team a spark yesterday and their defense kept Rodgers in check all day. I'm thinking this won't be an easy game

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Let’s look at it:

9-7-1

This is absurd!! Ha!! 

Zero chance we beat the Vikings, Chargers, Giants, and when we play the Texans, this team would be already long checked out so that's a loss too.

The Commanders game I also give us a loss

We won't win more than 5 games in my opinion, which is exactly what this team needs

This team is about to fall off the map with their remaining schedule. We win 6 or 7 games at most this year. 

W8: Commanders - L

W17: @Giants - L

7-9-1 is my prediction. We lose 4 of the next 5 and Reich gets fired finally at the bye week. Interim coach wins us 3 of the last 4 games before we hire a new coach.

I think this is a likely scenario for this team.  Even the 3 wins could end up being losses.    If we lose to the Skins, Chargers or Texans it would cover if we win one of the games I have slotted for a loss.  6-10-1 would get us a top 10 draft pick so I will be OK with a win or a loss in the remaining games.  

W12: Steelers - L

W15: @Vikings - L

1 hour ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

Everyone thinks the Commanders are an easy win.  Not me.  That DL is pretty damn good and they gave TN all they could handle and they just beat Aaron Rogers with a back up QB.  

Next week becomes a must win but I do not think our OL can handle their DL cleanly.

If the Packers couldn't beat them... I'm not sure we can either. 

2 minutes ago, MPStack said:

The Colts will probably beat WAS at home. Then some folks will start getting a glimmer of hope again. Rinse and repeat. 

If trends continue, we'll lose to WAS but then beat the Eagles and or Patriots because nothing makes sense this year. 

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

Let’s look at it:

9-7-1

I only see us for sure beating the Commanders and Texans. We'll have a fighters chance against the Steelers, Chargers and Giants.

I know we've been good after the bye under Reich, but both the Vikings and Giants are playing good football this year.

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Outside the Chiefs game, all other wins seem to be against average teams. Broncos can’t beat anyone, it looks like.

Chiefs game, I still say they’ll beat us if we have to play them 7 out of 10 times. Just one of those days when they did so many things wrong and we capitalized. 

Chris Jones  lmao

Backup Kicker

16 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I only see us for sure beating the Commanders and Texans. We'll have a fighters chance against the Steelers, Chargers and Giants.

I know we've been good after the bye under Reich, but both the Vikings and Giants are playing good football this year.

Being that the remaining scheduled teams have a 37-27 record and the Colts are a .500 team, finishing the season at or above .500 is not likely to happen.  A good chance we will be rooting for them to lose games after the Bye week.

31 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I just have a weird feeling we will win 1 out of those 2 road games vs Patriots or Raiders. Ex McDaniels team and current McDaniels team, bulls eye for several reasons. :) 

So, continuing the "not losing 2 games in a row" theme (say)

W10: @Raiders - W

W15: @Vikings - L

I agree with @MPStack we end up with 8-8-1 most likely, and continue with our .500 theme but the truth is we won't have a chance as a wild card without at least finishing 9-7-1, so there is that.

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This team is about to fall off the map with their remaining schedule. We win 6 or 7 games at most this year. 

W8: Commanders - L

7-9-1 is my prediction. We lose 4 of the next 5 and Reich gets fired finally at the bye week. Interim coach wins us 3 of the last 4 games before we hire a new coach.

Look for teams that don't pressure QB and break down OL much... Raiders, Steelers, chargers, giants and Texans... 

Then look for teams that don't do good coverage ... Raiders, and Texans.. 

Then look for teams that don't have good offense... Texans... 

Only difference between Titans and Texans is an EX.. that probably would make Ryan see ghosts... 

So, there's no W left to give 

Or the difference are EX & IT.. 

EXIT... is an ominous sign. 

:funny:I'm just joking around ... Sorry. 

13 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I also think it's odd BUT our division by many is considered the WORST in football so we SHOULD'VE feasted coming out of the gate!!! You know why we didn't? This team is mediocre at BEST. As a matter of fact I think Ballard is a game under .500 in his 6yr tenure. Wow! For a first time "all world" gm it seems like he's more hype than reality.

I don't care about your division knowing you because Manning and Luck OWNED this same putrid division for years!!!!! Oh here is Ballard's long running excuse... Luck retired. How long has Luck been gone now and the solution has been to bring in one washed qb after another?! AC retired at LT too and who is his replacement? This team is BUILT to be mediocre by lacking in the premium positions and it's POORLY coached.

The Colts STILL can't win this PITIFUL division under this regime nor are they any closer to being a SB threat than when they first took over! As a matter of fact THIS first time duo (gm and hc) is no better than the previous one. Just two more guys experimenting on the fly with different names attached to the position.

My guess is we beat Wash, LV and Houston and lose the rest. That leaves us 6-10-1. At that point I'm guessing Ryan retires if he's still alive and well, we have a complete regime change and then hopefully package everything and go for either Stroud or the kid from TN. Don't trust Young. Sabin QB's don't seem to convert well to the pro game. If we keep Ballard, I expect we will use our first-round pick on a kicker or trade our first rounder and the Wentz pick to a smarter GM to get more picks in rounds 4/5/6. Because as Chris said after Luck retired, he isn't building the team around one guy, i.e., a franchise QB. So far, he's been a man of his word.

Archived