Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 04/21

sb41champs

How is that being smug? I just learned yrs. ago that players come and players go. The Horseshoe is forever. If this offseason should have taught people anything, it's that you shouldn't get an emotional attachment to players.

Players are what make a TEAM... How do you get attached to a Team without getting attached to the players?

Players are what make a TEAM... How do you get attached to a Team without getting attached to the players?

I seperate the two. Any player that wears the horseshoe, I will root for, but when they go somewhere else then my allegience is no longer with them.

I seperate the two. Any player that wears the horseshoe, I will root for, but when they go somewhere else then my allegience is no longer with them.

Fair enough. I happen to have favorite Teams, AND favorite players. And I think that's okay....

Fair enough. I happen to have favorite Teams, AND favorite players. And I think that's okay....

It is ok. Despite what the poster that believe's I was being smug thinks, I don't have a problem with anybody having favorite players. I use to do the same thing, but would end up being sad if those players left my team. I took it way too serious and just eventually learned it wasn't worth it to get so upset about it. I get upset now when my team loses or does something stupid but still deal with it better than I use too. I just refuse to get attached to players when I know that pro sports is a business and there is very little loyalty from the teams or the players. Just easier for me.

It is ok. Despite what the poster that believe's I was being smug thinks, I don't have a problem with anybody having favorite players. I use to do the same thing, but would end up being sad if those players left my team. I took it way too serious and just eventually learned it wasn't worth it to get so upset about it. I get upset now when my team loses or does something stupid but still deal with it better than I use too. I just refuse to get attached to players when I know that pro sports is a business and there is very little loyalty from the teams or the players. Just easier for me.

See how we worked that out..... and didn't get into a big ruckus..... other posters, please take NOTE.. :highfive:

How is that being smug? I just learned yrs. ago that players come and players go. The Horseshoe is forever. If this offseason should have taught people anything, it's that you shouldn't get an emotional attachment to players.

There's no problem with that view, to each their own, but just how you said it seemed so matter-of-factly. I'm just joking around anyway, no reason for a big to-do.

There's no problem with that view, to each their own, but just how you said it seemed so matter-of-factly. I'm just joking around anyway, no reason for a big to-do.

No problem. I didn't mean it to come off that way. Just giving my opinion.