Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Next 5 games could shape our season.

Stephen

We have to at least go 4-1. Titans have a bye then play Colts, Texans, Chiefs, Broncos, Packers and Bengals.  If we beat them in Nashville it could make it very tough for them to keep up if we can stack some wins. They have a tough stretch while we have very winnable games we should be favored in 4 of the 5. 

Next two will. 

8 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

We have to at least go 4-1. Titans have a bye then play Colts, Texans, Chiefs, Broncos, Packers and Bengals.  If we beat them in Nashville it could make it very tough for them to keep up if we can stack some wins. They have a tough stretch while we have very winnable games we should be favored in 4 of the 5. 

That’s a tough stretch for titans.

9 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Yeah, we have dug ourselves into a hole but we can still win our way out of it. Should be a fun stretch of games that will show where we stand with the rest of the conference. 

Only way it will be fun is if we get this offense going. Right now watching this team play is anything but fun. That  second half of titans game was fun. Watching those big tight ends run with the ball always makes me laugh. 

Somrthing one of the media guys pointed out which I thought was a good sign for Ryan last  game. He kept trying to force the ball to Pittman and it wasn’t working because they were bracketing Pittman. He did make adjustments and started trusting pierce instead of throwing it into double coverage. Can he learn from that we will see.

Next 5 games will shape our season. 

23 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Hopefully  Reich used these ten days to look back at the colts fourth quarters and figure out why we play well and try and do those same things in the first 3 quarters.

If Blackmon is ready move him to SS and leave Thomas at FS. Don’t mess with what has worked for this defense.

imo Thomas has earned his right to start at FS

49 minutes ago, Derakynn said:

How did this schedule get approved? Almost every divisional game is played 7 games into the season? Ridiculous.

Yea its so dumb there should be some consistency with divisional games. Set weeks or something. The fact that all of ours except 1 are done by week 7 is so dumb. More proof the NFL hates the Colts still for the whole Baltimore thing,

1 hour ago, AwesomeAustin said:

TN health is the key.  Right now Henry and Tannehill are carrying them in the red zone.  I think they have scored on every red zone trip this year  Their DL remains nasty and it shows up in their third down defense which is best in the league.  They give up a ton of yards between the 20s but they are stingy in the red zone. Their pass game is anemic because their OL is pretty badly beat up.  Henry still powers them.  He had another good game today  

The schedule makers did the Colts no favors giving them so many division games out of the gate.  Those teams know the Colts the best and the Colts are in a transition period on offense so those teams know how to attack the Colts weaknesses better because they just know the Colts better.  It’s not an accident the two games the Colts have won came outside of the divison against teams that don’t know them as well.  With that said it is what it is.  You just have to play your schedule and figure out how to win regardless of who or when you play them.

12 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Yea its so dumb there should be some consistency with divisional games. Set weeks or something. The fact that all of ours except 1 are done by week 7 is so dumb. More proof the NFL hates the Colts still for the whole Baltimore thing,

Yet they love the Rams and Chargers… 

9 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

I think the Colts will only be favored against Washington.   

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think we win all 5, reason why is we are better and have the better QB in every one of those games. 

Jags have the better QB

Titans is a wash

Commanders, Colts have a slightly better QB

Raiders have the better QB

11 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Next two will. 

That’s a tough stretch for titans.

That’s why our game with the Titans is that important. If they beat us, they’ll have the head to head advantage that it gives them the luxury to lose to the Chiefs or Packers. With the way the AFC is crowded, I can see it coming down to the last weekend to determine wild cards.

At this point in the NFL, I wouldn’t take anything for granted. We thought we should get 1 of the Raiders/Jaguars games last year at the end. Patriots will not be an easy game for us and given how the Patriots D shut down Ryan with a pick six and stifling defense last year at Atlanta (0-27). NFC East is balling except for Commanders right now and our luck Wentz will light it up just for our game while stinking up the rest.

11 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Yeah, we have dug ourselves into a hole but we can still win our way out of it. Should be a fun stretch of games that will show where we stand with the rest of the conference. 

It wouldn’t be the colts if we didn’t dig ourselves into a hole to start the season 

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think we win all 5, reason why is we are better and have the better QB in every one of those games. 

Really?  :Nuke:Have you seen the OL play and their ability or lack of ability to block or protect the QB?  if something doesn't change drastically Ryan won't make it thru the next 5 games.  :ill:

3 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

Really?  :Nuke:Have you seen the OL play and their ability or lack of ability to block or protect the QB?  if something doesn't change drastically Ryan won't make it thru the next 5 games.  :ill:

On paper we are better than all 5 of those teams, just keeping it real. Has nothing to do with me bleeding blue. Whether we do win all 5 is another story. We should at worse go 3-2.

11 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

If we'd swept those divisional games, no one would complain about the schedule.  It doesn't matter if we start with six straight division games.  If we had health and won five in that scenario, awesome.   If it was the final six of the season and we won all six because the *, jags, and losers were all more banged up than the colts.... No one would say it was unfair either..... Among colt fans anyway.  

58 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

On paper we are better than all 5 of those teams, just keeping it real. Has nothing to do with me bleeding blue. Whether we do win all 5 is another story. We should at worse go 3-2.

On paper we are better…except I think Vrabel and Pederson are better coaches.  In my opinion I think Reich will do something in one of these 5 games to cost a victory 

14 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

i havent read all of the posts between yours and this one im writing now, but im certain at least one other person has probably said this by now.... im just here to reiterate.

Do you really think we are particularly "favored" against any opponent right now? We are one of the bottom offenses in the league and it is showing no signs of improvement yet. Our defense is average, at best.

The only way we start being "favored" over anyone to any meaningful degree is if this offense finds the switch to flip and suddenly does a complete 180 on where they have been thus far.

Just now, Chucklez said:

i havent read all of the posts between yours and this one im writing now, but im certain at least one other person has probably said this by now.... im just here to reiterate.

Do you really think we are particularly "favored" against any opponent right now? We are one of the bottom offenses in the league and it is showing no signs of improvement yet. Our defense is average, at best.

The only way we start being "favored" over anyone to any meaningful degree is if this offense finds the switch to flip and suddenly does a complete 180 on where they have been thus far.

We will be favored against the Jags by at least 3 points, maybe 3.5.

49 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

If we'd swept those divisional games, no one would complain about the schedule.  It doesn't matter if we start with six straight division games.  If we had health and won five in that scenario, awesome.   If it was the final six of the season and we won all six because the *, jags, and losers were all more banged up than the colts.... No one would say it was unfair either..... Among colt fans anyway.  

Hmmm...not really. Titans and Jaguars - 3 division games within the first 7 games. Pretty much the rest of the NFL follows that pattern except the Colts. To make it worse, we could be going into our most important divisional game on the road where the road team is coming off a bye week.

It is however the Colts' fault that they start slow in every season and having division games where the rivals are most familiar with playing environments, and systems puts us at a disadvantage before we can get our feet underneath us. We just want the same treatment as the rest of the NFL, not asking for any favors, 3 out of 7 I can be fine with that, 5 out of 7 is extremely skewed, whichever way you slice it. Of course, fans are the ones complaining because we can't do a thing or change a thing about it. However, it can be brought up to the NFL by Irsay and the Colts as a fact not in line with the rest of the NFL.

49 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

We are favored 3.5 against Jacksonville.  I don’t see us being favored against TN.  If we win these next two weeks we will be favored against Washington.  Win that one and I think we have a good chance to be favored bc LV and NE. Its possible

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Hmmm...not really. Titans and Jaguars - 3 division games within the first 7 games. Pretty much the rest of the NFL follows that pattern except the Colts. To make it worse, we could be going into our most important divisional game on the road where the road team is coming off a bye week.

It is however the Colts' fault that they start slow in every season and having division games where the rivals are most familiar with playing environments, and systems puts us at a disadvantage before we can get our feet underneath us. We just want the same treatment as the rest of the NFL, not asking for any favors, 3 out of 7 I can be fine with that, 5 out of 7 is extremely skewed, whichever way you slice it. Of course, fans are the ones complaining because we can't do a thing or change a thing about it. However, it can be brought up to the NFL by Irsay and the Colts as a fact not in line with the rest of the NFL.

I don’t think the schedule puts us at a disadvantage by not letting us get our feet underneath us. The Colts do that to themselves.  The organization has chose to try three veteran QBs in consecutive years. While it’s not ideal, it is the Colts job to be ready for these games. Winning the division is never easy.  Every team has obstacles 

Jax has a good DL at the edge.  Not great inside.  TN has a great DL across the board and it is deep.  They lost a DE to an ACL and it has not slowed them down.  The guy replacing him has 4 sacks.  The best 3rd down defense in the NFL resides in TN.  They give up yards but it is not yardage that matters.  When push comes to shove they are pretty good in the RZ.  This is why they win so many one score games.  Their wins are ugly and people think they stink until you watch what their front four does to every OL they play.  They are built differently than most teams.  Their best DL are inside.  We saw it in our game.  Simmons and Autry shut down JT.  It tsill pisses me off we gve them Autry.  He had another monster game this week.  

This weekend the supplexed the Commander RBs.  They only had 43 yds rushing the entire game.  I watch this game this week.  Washington got most of their pass yards between the 20s like we did against TN.  They could not run the ball in on first and goal at the 2.  Our game ended with TN the same way Washington did.  TN wins these types of games and they are comfortable doing it.  If their RBs dont fumble and their QB does throw picks they are a tough team to beat.  When Henry goes over 100 yds total they become a real problem.  We never stop Henry.  Neither do the Jags.  Houston beat them last year because they turned the ball over 5 times.  

Jax give us trouble because we cannot handle their edge guys.  Jax also has improved their CB play.  We need to give the ball 40 times to JT to beat them.  I've said this for 3 years.  Problem is JT is not healthy now.  So the RB room needs 40 touches to make this a winnable game.  

Jax QB will make errors if we force it.  Our DL is not great because we don't have a great rush.  

2 minutes ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

Jax QB will make errors if we force it.  Our DL is not great because we don't have a great rush.  

This is definitely a game we have to be up by a score (FG or TD) consistently to feature our run and stay balanced. If we go down by a TD, it plays into the Jags' hands and anything more would be disastrous.

15 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

Next 5 games will shape our season. 

imo Thomas has earned his right to start at FS

He will stay there. Blackmon  has earned nothing at FS. He is a liability jn coverage and vastly over rated by this board and the coaching staff. He is a SS and I would not ever pencil him in as a a starter. He is who he is. Over rated and an  oft injured player.

Archived