Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Your impression of Matt Ryan after three games?

CR91

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You can't be average and beat a team like KC. This win today puts him at above average, that last drive was great. Just except it and Wentz is 1-2 lmao .

Ryan has 3 touchdowns 4 interceptions and 6 fumbles in 3 games. I know you like wash his balls and all but his numbers are pathetic. I understand my name is Matty-ice ice baby but my name last year was devil wentz down to Georgia. I will always root for my quarterback  to do well and win and support him while he’s my quarterback no matter who we have. but I’m not going to say he’s the answer at quarterback when he’s playing well below average. I hope he turns it around but right now I’m not impressed.

2 minutes ago, Matty Ice-Ice Baby said:

Ryan has 3 touchdowns 4 interceptions and 6 fumbles in 3 games. I know you like wash his balls and all but his numbers are pathetic. I understand my name is Matty-ice ice baby but my name last year was devil wentz down to Georgia. I will always root for my quarterback  to do well and win and support him while he’s my quarterback no matter who we have. but I’m not going to say he’s the answer at quarterback when he’s playing well below average. I hope he turns it around but right now I’m not impressed.

Impressive post.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No I don't really know him well, I do talk about how good Matt is so maybe that is where it came from is my guess. No big deal to me. 

I’m a fan of what you have to say on here in general, and ball washing may have been a bit much I admit. The correct term should probably be Carrying his water? Either way you seem super  Psyched about his almost average day and I look forward to seeing  how you respond to an actual good day from him!

1 hour ago, indyagent17 said:

I know he has been under serious pressure but his thought processes are odd. His internal clock is off and misses simple throws. I’m not sure this will get better but I hope it does  

It is beyond comprehension how our opponents can blitz him and he just crumbles under pressure. Every once in awhile someone should be open as a relief valve or he could just throw it away.

AND i see him afraid to throw the ball with guys open right where he is looking. And of course they are open.

It was Great to see us get such big catches from Woods and Pierce. 

1 minute ago, Matty Ice-Ice Baby said:

I’m a fan of what you have to say on here in general, and ball washing may have been a bit much I admit. The correct term should probably be Carrying his water? Either way you seem super  Psyched about his almost average day and I look forward to seeing  how you respond to an actual good day from him!

I just respect the guy because he is a Hall of Famer, over 60,000 yards passing, a League MVP, and went to a SB. His leadership is priceless, what is wrong with being a fan of someone that has been good for the game? I also think we can win the division with him unlike Wentz.

Not sure if this post fits in this thread, but I'm sticking it here. The first two seasons, at the end of every running play, Nelson was right there to help the runner up, I have seen it happen twice in the first 3 games this season.  Most of the time he is picking himself up after the play.  Did he get tired of pancakes?

4 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Meh.  Slow.  Averagish, but a different kind of averagish than Wentz.

Wentz was putrid yestserday and the Commanders are now 1-2. They have almost no chance at winning that division because Philly is quite a bit better. I am not so sure that the Commanders are not the worst team in that division. Wentz did us a solid though by beating Jacks on opening day lmao 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Wentz was putrid yestserday and the Commanders are now 1-2. They have almost no chance at winning that division because Philly is quite a bit better. I am not so sure that the Commanders are not the worst team in that division. Wentz did us a solid though by beating Jacks on opening day lmao 

I’m no Wentz fan.

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We won, so don't worry be happy :banana:

I am happy about the win.  Doesn't mean I’m gonna make goofy, childish posts about what I saw.  This thread is about Ryan.  He looked bad, and then we had a late TD drive.

that’s uhh what happened,

4 minutes ago, Nickster said:

I am happy about the win.  Doesn't mean I’m gonna make goofy, childish posts about what I saw.  This thread is about Ryan.  He looked bad, and then we had a late TD drive.

that’s uhh what happened,

What about all the childish people that us losing 70-0 over the past few days. I could care less if you think Homer is childish, you must be fun at party's keep the great posts coming and sorry if you have to reach this week to bash the team after a freakin win against KC. KC was arguably the best team in football and some still are not happy. BOOO HOOO.

Matt's communication with Oline needs to improve, we just can't have it like this going forward. He is got railed VS Jags and he got railed again yesterday. On top of this, Taylor could not get it going. Oline needs to get it together, Matt still knows how to win games...just needs to clean up those fumbles but I guess he is trying to do too much feeling the pressure at a new place after 14yrs in Atlanta.

1 hour ago, Nickster said:

I’m no Wentz fan.

I'm rooting for Wentz.....

To play 70% of Washington snaps.  That's about it.

Matt still has some stuff to clean up.(line protection communication, fumbleitis)

Came into season hoping to be 2-1 after week 3. 1-1-1 is close and would be 2-1 if not for missed chip shot FG.

Can't complain to much, where we are sitting, as bad as it's looked so far.

I think things are looking up. Got to fix this blitz protection though. Teams will continue to exploit it till we do.

19 minutes ago, depressedfalconsfan said:

Matt's communication with Oline needs to improve, we just can't have it like this going forward. He is got railed VS Jags and he got railed again yesterday. On top of this, Taylor could not get it going. Oline needs to get it together, Matt still knows how to win games...just needs to clean up those fumbles but I guess he is trying to do too much feeling the pressure at a new place after 14yrs in Atlanta.

Yeah seems to be pressing a little bit, that coupled with the lack of OL communication has really been a double whammy and hard to overcome.

We are in a good spot now. The team has shown some live after a no show in Jacksonville, so time to move forward.

9 hours ago, Matty Ice-Ice Baby said:

To be fair, Matt did have 2 touchdown passes dropped in the end zone at Houston.

If he had just above average weapons and TTT, he can be very good.

right now Matt’s biggest issues are his fumbles and the OL.  

if we had Matt Ryan last year, we would’ve made the playoffs.  That game showed me he can make the right throw and decision when we need him to.  

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

And that game was in DC, he still has to go to Philly and hear the boos, and take his beating there too!

3 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

To be fair, Matt did have 2 touchdown passes dropped in the end zone at Houston.

And Dulin was receiver #1 against a stout Jags defense.

Matt has some stuff to look in the mirror about no doubt.

Fumbles have to be cleaned up.

Not too worried about the INTs, 3 came in that Jags game where we didn't have enough weapons and was trying to come back. Sometimes you have to make throws you otherwise wouldn't of.

Only thing that really matters is we are 1-1-1 and that could easily be 0-3 with how we have played.

Not Bad Premier League GIF by The First Team

Focus moves on to Henry and the Titans. Hopefully Shaq is back as well.

shaq GIF

17 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

him and pat Mahomes had almost similar stats yesterday.  So are you also going to say pat was garbage?

To be honest, yes. Mahomes was garbage yesterday and Gus Bradley's D had a lot to do with it. I missed the part where Kelce dropped a TD, stopped watching in the 2nd quarter, was playing tennis and when I tuned in, Matt had already thrown the game winning TD and we kicked the PAT. (note to self, Colts do better when I don't watch :)). So Matt Ryan sure would have won the game had AP held on to his TD catch in the Texans game, and the game would not have swung the momentum on the road. 

You can tell all the ingredients are there though and that is why I wanted the Titans and Jaguars game after games 4 by which the Colts normally figure things out but then, the schedule makers did what they did for our divisional games.

23 minutes ago, w87r said:

And Dulin was receiver #1 against a stout Jags defense.

Matt has some stuff to look in the mirror about no doubt.

Fumbles have to be cleaned up.

Not too worried about the INTs, 3 came in that Jags game where we didn't have enough weapons and was trying to come back. Sometimes you have to make throws you otherwise wouldn't of.

Only thing that really matters is we are 1-1-1 and that could easily be 0-3 with how we have played.

Not Bad Premier League GIF by The First Team

Focus moves on to Henry and the Titans. Hopefully Shaq is back as well.

shaq GIF

We should be 2-1, Jacks took us to the cleaners but that is about it. We out coached them and were more physical yesterday against a team that is arguably the best in the NFL. Our old QB pulled a Peyton on the final drive. Hey would should've drafted Skyy Moore instead of pierce = over 50% of the forum lmao , the more I think about it, he did help us win yesterday.

Basketball Nba GIF- I am just glad I don't take things personal like many think :D. To me this is fun stuff. I just knew we would win yesterday otherwise I would not have put 50 dollars straight up to win 400. I didn't need the 6 points. I could take a week off work and not lose much money, feed my fat face, and pay my car payment with that alone haha 

10 hours ago, krunk said:

You thought his overall play in this game was above avg? There were plenty of points in this game where we only had 100 something yards of total offense. And i dont think KC is a defensive juggernaut.

CBE is ride or die with Matt Ryan. So when he plays well, it's the only time that matters.

On that GWD, Ryan was 4/5 for 13 yards and then got sacked on 3rd down...before the fluky penalty wiped out 4th and 14 and put them at midfield.

To Ryan's credit, he finished the drive strong. But nobody objective could watch these past 3 games and say he's an above average QB.

Archived