Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Jaguars Predictions

danlhart87

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Jags have a better pass rush then Texans. That might mean trouble. Lawrence looked pretty good Sunday.

We need Leonard because this is a huge game. If he plays we will pull it out IMO. If he doesn't I am banking on Matt Ryan having to throw for 350 yards again to win the game and I don't like that formula. 

I might be at that game? My brother said he's thinking of us going but hesitates thinking we will lose there again. He definitely won't enjoy trip if we lose.

I'm thinking of trying to talk my other brother to want to go.....He's not a colt fan but loved Johnny U. 

Win or Lose(or tie) it would be a nice trip for us bros to do together along with my granddaughter. :D

Colts were surprised/shell-shocked by a young and hungry Texans team playing at home against the Uvalde backdrop.  Week 2 is normally where teams take the biggest step forward.  This week I expect to see the OL come together quite a bit, the WR's get over their jitters, and the secondary wake up.  Sadly, the only way B-Ship performs is on PAT's and FG's under 40 yards.  Frank will pull his head out of 1980's Fourth-Point-of- Contact (https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Fourth point of contact) and call a good game - he better.

The Jags are coming in off a loss and expect to win at home against the Colts (like always).  I believe they are in for a rude awakening.

Colts 31 - Jaguars 23

Putting away my "Speed Blue" glasses now.

To be revisited Sunday evening...

25 minutes ago, King Colt said:

A seasonal must-win because they blew a chance to go one up on TN on opening day. TN faces Buffalo in week 2 so to lose to the Jags this week will be a hole in the boat.

I mean. we might not be 1 up on them, but we are technically 0.5 up on them :)

14 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I might be at that game? My brother said he's thinking of us going but hesitates thinking we will lose there again. He definitely won't enjoy trip if we lose.

I'm thinking of trying to talk my other brother to want to go.....He's not a colt fan but loved Johnny U. 

Win or Lose(or tie) it would be a nice trip for us bros to do together along with my granddaughter. :D

This is a huge game and I mean huge because we have to start 1-0-1, we escaped 0-1 thank God. The schedule gets much tougher after that. I don't want to turn into a pessimist but if we lose it won't be pretty. I will turn into this angry homer simpson GIF- lmao 

43 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This is a huge game and I mean huge because we have to start 1-0-1, we escaped 0-1 thank God. The schedule gets much tougher after that. I don't want to turn into a pessimist but if we lose it won't be pretty. I will turn into this angry homer simpson GIF- lmao 

I don't think it's that huge of a game as far as playoff implications. At worse we'll be a half game out of first place with 15 games left and no one in our sorry division is going to run away and hide.

Of course a win would be nice, but I wouldn't be surprised if we lose and then CRUSH KC! That's the way the NFL works lol.

This is going to be a letdown IMO. Jags have Lawrence in his 2nd year with a much better coach in Doug Pederson. Robinson is back, Etienne is back, they had a top draft and spent a lot in FA. Oh yeah, we haven't beat them in Jax since 2014 and Ballard and Reich haven't beat them in Jax since they've been In Indy. Wentz looked great in Jax yesterday after looking terrible playing them in Indy with us. 

IMO, Matt Ryan will struggle as I'm really thinking Reich was (and still is) the problem and not Wentz. We'll lose by two TDs as their pass rush will dominate our O-Line. Their offense is better than the Texans and will surprise us, and the curse of losing in Jax continues. Reich gets fired after the game and is the first coach fired this year in the NFL, and Gus Bradley takes over as interim HC heading into week 3 Vs the Chiefs.

Jags 27

Colts 13

5 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I don't think it's that huge of a game as far as playoff implications. At worse we'll be a half game out of first place with 15 games left and no one in our sorry division is going to run away and hide.

Of course a win would be nice, but I wouldn't be surprised if we lose and then CRUSH KC! That's the way the NFL works lol.

I think that if we lose the team will end up 0-2-1 after 3 games.   That would would be devastating.  

I think we need to be up a few games before Nov 6th.  At that point our schedule is:

Patriots

Raiders

Eagles

Steelers

Cowboys

Vikings

Chargers

That'll be a tough road for the Colts.  

46 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Jags go for 2 twice and the Colts get a safety on the 2 point conversion equals 1 point each time.

He said Blankenship misses two extra points, nothing to do with the 25, 14 points is impossible to score with 2 missed extra points, unless as you said, you get two TD's and miss both extra points, but then score a safety on Defense.... or special teams... but that is such a super specific scenario, you'd think he would have mentioned it....

I was in Houston's game and watched twice, the Jags game vs Commanders on NFL Game Pass. 

Consider the following:

• Pederson/Press Taylor knows Riech's tendency and his underwhelming offensive staff.
  • They know Gus doesn't like to blitz
  • Jags has three Top Notch WRs: Kirk, Jones, Marvin. They can get seperation.
  • Jags has a fast and strong RB: Ettiene who can catch and run.
  • Jags DL is stout upfront.
  • Can we contain Trevor Lawrence from sprinting out of the pocket.
  • If Shaq is not available it will be difficult to stop the short/medium crossing patterns. Kirk's favorite route.
  • Kenny and Gilmore will be key. Can Facyson or Isiah Rodgers cover Marvin? Last year, Marvin beat Kenny.
  • JT and a motivated OL is key to win. Colts TEs need to up their game.

Our gameplan is to RUN the ball and control the time of possession, we will win. Use Hines and JT in the backfield to keep them off balance. 

3 minutes ago, Bravo said:

Jags 27

Colts 21

Colts cant win in Jax. Jags are better than Houston.

Everyone was sooo optimistic to start the season. 12 wins!?!? Nooo way. Lol I’m sticking with my predicted 9.

When we win Sunday, your 9 will go to 12 lmao . I had 11 but because of the tie I still say 10-6-1 at worse and we win Sunday. Jacks is going down.

23 hours ago, Nickster said:

The Jags beat us up physically for 6.5 Qs last season, so I have thought for a long time that this is going to be a tough game for us.  I have it as a PICK Em.  I wouldn't bet this thing with a 10 foot pole.

After the Texan performance and the Jags performance, I probably lean Jags at home.

Our pass rush looked non existent.  I know Paye recorded 2 sacks, but at least one was a coverage sack and it was very late.  

We should be fairly desperate after kissing sisters with the Texans though.  

I will be tuned in. 

Both sacks were on HOU's first OT drive. And they were mostly Mills' fault (though maybe he had nowhere to go with the football). And to compound it, those sacks were followed by (2) HOU penalties on offense.

HOU really shot themselves in the foot. Honestly, Mills was inexplicably bad in the 4Q and OT, compared to the previous 3 Qs. He was a deer in headlights.

I don't think he's a good QB or anything, but he was a viable starting QB until the 4Q started.

Which brings me to JAC. They aren't HOU. They have an offense that features multiple playmakers. Plus, TLaw is a different QB than Mills.

But I do think the Colts will be up for this game. Cause I know JAC will. Even when their fans were wearing clown costumes and they had nothing to play for, they came to play. And this is a divisional game in a still wide-open AFCS.

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This is going to be a letdown IMO. Jags have Lawrence in his 2nd year with a much better coach in Doug Pederson. Robinson is back, Etienne is back, they had a top draft and spent a lot in FA. Oh yeah, we haven't beat them in Jax since 2014 and Ballard and Reich haven't beat them in Jax since they've been In Indy. Wentz looked great in Jax yesterday after looking terrible playing them in Indy with us. 

IMO, Matt Ryan will struggle as I'm really thinking Reich was (and still is) the problem and not Wentz. We'll lose by two TDs as their pass rush will dominate our O-Line. Their offense is better than the Texans and will surprise us, and the curse of losing in Jax continues. Reich gets fired after the game and is the first coach fired this year in the NFL, and Gus Bradley takes over as interim HC heading into week 3 Vs the Chiefs.

Jags 27

Colts 13

Season 4 Yearbook GIF by The Simpsons

55 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When we win Sunday, your 9 will go to 12 lmao . I had 11 but because of the tie I still say 10-6-1 at worse and we win Sunday. Jacks is going down.

I predicted 9 before the season. I have to stick with it. LOL

7 hours ago, Chucklez said:

I mean. we might not be 1 up on them, but we are technically 0.5 up on them :)

If we had won vs. Houston and beat the Jags this week compounded with a TN loss to the Giants and a possible loss to Buffalo this week we could be 2 up on TN, So when we play them twice this year and lose both games we could be tied. "IF, IF, IF"

1 hour ago, philba101 said:

I am revising my pick now that we have waived Hot Rod. Jaguars 20, Colts 17. The new kicker misses 3 of 4 field goals including one as time expires. The curse of Duval County lives on........:Cry::facepalm::flaming:

"Oh, yee of little faith." (Matt Ryan cannot fumble two snaps this week.)

30 minutes ago, King Colt said:

If we had won vs. Houston and beat the Jags this week compounded with a TN loss to the Giants and a possible loss to Buffalo this week we could be 2 up on TN, So when we play them twice this year and lose both games we could be tied. "IF, IF, IF"

Your argument is unfortunately invalid as they would have the head to head tie breaker in that scenario, so literally 2 wins would be just about as good as a win and a tie.

21 hours ago, Lancer1 said:

I think we get it together and give them the drubbing  that we should have in last season's finale - 35-17 Colts.

Yep, this feels like an "enough of this crap" game. (especially if Matt is running the team and Reich is sitting down quietly and making ZERO analytics decisions).

18 hours ago, Chucklez said:

Your argument is unfortunately invalid as they would have the head to head tie breaker in that scenario, so literally 2 wins would be just about as good as a win and a tie.

Colts would be 3-0 if they had won all three and TN would 2-1 if they won vs. Colts and the loss to NYG

8 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Strachan will get a lot more snaps if he can’t go Sunday. It’s been 3 days so I guess he could go still. Just depends how far he is in protocol. Patmon will probably get to be active too.

I guess the football Gods are forcing him to sit and learn for a week or two... (/Sarcasm)

In all seriousness hope he's okay. I still suffer migraines from my concussions in high school. 

Archived