Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

8/13/22 Preseason Game 1: Indianapolis Colts @ Buffalo Bills, 4 PM ET

NFLfan

2 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Hearing Dayo's name quite a bit.  2 good, one bad.

No the other time wasn't Dayo. Is was the guy from Vikings, similar names. Even local announcers said he made a mistake confusing them.

• Like 1

Just now, Mr.Debonair said:

Ballard and Reich cannot love this group of WRs. Pierce is rookie but there is no excuse for the rest of them.

Pittman looks good after the catch but we don't have great route runners. Our offense goes as JT goes this season. Hopefully Ryan can convert more 3rd downs than Wentz and we should be ok.

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I don't think he is taking the check down by choice. I think they r not getting separation.  

Right.....a check down is the person you throw to when nobody else is open downfield.... He who shall not be named would have heaved the ball into triple coverage trying to make a play out of nothing. I'll take Ryan getting 3 or 4 yards instead of an INT.

Just now, Shive said:

Right.....a check down is the person you throw to when nobody else is open downfield.... He who shall not be named would have heaved the ball into triple coverage trying to make a play out of nothing. I'll take Ryan getting 3 or 4 yards instead of an INT.

I think u missed my point. Yea he is taking the check down.....great.  That is concerning for me   cause once again it leaves me to believe our wrs cannot separate or get open. 1st game....yes.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, skerfalcon8710 said:

Y’all are something else. Didn’t know the bills roster was such crap until I showed up here 

The Bills run and undersized D front. Thr vaunted Cokts Oline should own them. They play a vanilla cover D. It's not complicated.  The O so far looks like trash. Absolutely no explosion 

3 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I think u missed my point. Yea he is taking the check down.....great.  That is concerning for me   cause once again it leaves me to believe our wrs cannot separate or get open. 1st game....yes.  

Maybe Coutee needs to get a shot.  Seem to remember him being a deep threat with Texans.

• Like 1

Same offense different year/QB.  Receivers just cannot get open.  We need a star WR or a better offensive scheme.  This team is JT or bust if this keeps up, but it is only the first preseason game and they typically use a simple playbook so many it will be ok.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mr.Debonair said:

We usually suck in the Preseason anyway so maybe this is just more of the same and we will flip the switch Week 1

In the days of Manning preseason was never a concern…the team stunk it up and lost more than they won and in the regular season they always rolled…but those days are long gone…not a good look for this offense and team so far

• Like 2

Just now, Catloaf said:

Same offense different year/QB.  Receivers just cannot get open.  We need a star WR or a better offensive scheme.  This team is JT or bust if this keeps up, but it is only the first preseason game and they typically use a simple playbook so many it will be ok.

That's on Ballard, but  I  guess u can all blame Reich for having 5 different qbs and no recievers to speak of the last 5 years. 

the WR's are struggling. That isn't a good sign.

I know this is just based on watching one quarter of preseason ball but I do feel that this offense is going to go as far as Taylor takes them for the most part. Ryan most likely is going to play ala Rivers two years ago which isn't bad at all, but it isn't going to be insanely better than Wentz last year either, probably just more consistent.

Reich and Ballard better hope the young receivers step up this season by the way they were talking so highly about them. If not, that's another notch against them.

2 minutes ago, colts89 said:

the WR's are struggling. That isn't a good sign.

I know this is just based on watching one quarter of preseason ball but I do feel that this offense is going to go as far as Taylor takes them for the most part. Ryan most likely is going to play ala Rivers two years ago which isn't bad at all, but it isn't going to be insanely better than Wentz last year either, probably just more consistent.

Reich and Ballard better hope the young receivers step up this season by the way they were talking so highly about them. If not, that's another notch against them.

Well it’s the same pattern as camp.

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

So I shouldn't be excited to see a QB take the check downs, which our prior QB never seemed willing to do, because of the reason he's needing to take the check downs, which is also the reason check downs exist?

• Like 4