FightLikeSin

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, no sooner do we officially announce picking Luck, the critics start on RG3

http://thebiglead.co...ng-easy-on-him/

Wow, finally some scouts willing to put their true opinions out there. All this RG3 love came out of nowhere espesially since he won the Heisman. I obviously don't know the kid, but something about the kid always struck me as him being an arrogant jerk. Thats just my opinion from when I've watched him and heard him talk. He says the right things but it comes off as condescending and patronizing. I guess we'll eventually find out for sure, but this really don't surprise me at all.

I am happy we are taking luck. I've watched him since he got to Stanford because of harbaugh. I think he's the real deal while I am not happy getting him cost us Peyton in the process if I had to hand pick a rookie qb to replace Peyton in recent drafts luck would have been my first choice.

Ill bet money in a few days we find out it was a Colts or Browns scout.

Even if it is the colts they can point to rg3 not wanting to work out for them to help back that claim up compared to luck who seemingly did anything and everything that was asked of him not only by the colts but by other teams as well. It doesn't mean rg3 will be bad, not that you were saying that, but if trying to pick between guys like luck and rg3 that stuff can be tbe difference.

Wow, finally some scouts willing to put their true opinions out there. All this RG3 love came out of nowhere espesially since he won the Heisman. I obviously don't know the kid, but something about the kid always struck me as him being an arrogant jerk. Thats just my opinion from when I've watched him and heard him talk. He says the right things but it comes off as condescending and patronizing. I guess we'll eventually find out for sure, but this really don't surprise me at all.

If you actually follow the links to other articles given in that story, you'll see the same things (but even worse) said about Cam Newton just shy of last year's draft.

Even if it is the colts they can point to rg3 not wanting to work out for them to help back that claim up compared to luck who seemingly did anything and everything that was asked of him not only by the colts but by other teams as well. It doesn't mean rg3 will be bad, not that you were saying that, but if trying to pick between guys like luck and rg3 that stuff can be tbe difference.

I agree but the scout throwing him under the bus character wise is insane to me everything everyone has been saying even Irsay that both players are franchise guys that have class written all over them. It sounds more like sour grapes than scouting. Lets say the same article came out about Luck Id be saying the same thing. Im not saying this because Im a redskins fan. I also got to meet RG3 a few weeks ago and he seemed very humble and thanked me for coming and was down to earth and even talked to me and my dad for a few minutes. You cant confuse arrogance for confidence. Look at Michael Jordan and Tom Brady they have that swag about them like RG3 heck even Peyton Manning walked up to Irsay and said If you don't pick me I'll kick youre butt for the next 10 years.

I agree but the scout throwing him under the bus character wise is insane to me everything everyone has been saying even Irsay that both players are franchise guys that have class written all over them. It sounds more like sour grapes than scouting. Lets say the same article came out about Luck Id be saying the same thing. Im not saying this because Im a redskins fan. I also got to meet RG3 a few weeks ago and he seemed very humble and thanked me for coming and was down to earth and even talked to me and my dad for a few minutes. You cant confuse arrogance for confidence. Look at Michael Jordan and Tom Brady they have that swag about them like RG3 heck even Peyton Manning walked up to Irsay and said If you don't pick me I'll kick youre butt for the next 10 years.

Why don't we wait to see if it is a colts scout who in fact said this. Also he just said rg3 has some selfish tendencies its not like he said rg3 acts like Jeff George did when he came out. All and all I don't see what was said here as that bad he pretty much just said rg3 isn't perfect. No one is. I just don't see the attack on rg3 personality I guess.

Hi guys new member, and first poster. First off I'm a colts fan, not just a Manning fan. I've liked what they've done so far, and I'm excited to see things come together... :)

I can't start a new topic yet, but once I saw this I just couldn't believe it.... As anyone checked out RG3's twitter accout? And this is a guy with class? This is his twitter introduction~ minus one cuss word..

image_reasonably_small.jpg

RG3

@Robert_Griffin_

look sun, im da real RG3 fart urrrrbody else, i be in dat pocket i be on dat run and i be gunnin it. all da reall ****s know was gewd! fart the colts... #HTTR

ok so a couple of cuss words.. I tried to clean it up the best I could.. He goes on and on in other tweets.. just didn't see much class there, I was surprised. Just thought I would throw that out.. with that being said so happy to have Luck, and join the forums! :)

Hi guys new member, and first poster. First off I'm a colts fan, not just a Manning fan. I've liked what they've done so far, and I'm excited to see things come together... :)

I can't start a new topic yet, but once I saw this I just couldn't believe it.... As anyone checked out RG3's twitter accout? And this is a guy with class? This is his twitter introduction~ minus one cuss word..

image_reasonably_small.jpg

RG3

@Robert_Griffin_

look sun, im da real RG3 fart urrrrbody else, i be in dat pocket i be on dat run and i be gunnin it. all da reall ****s know was gewd! fart the colts... #HTTR

ok so a couple of cuss words.. I tried to clean it up the best I could.. He goes on and on in other tweets.. just didn't see much class there, I was surprised. Just thought I would throw that out.. with that being said so happy to have Luck, and join the forums! :)

Just a heads up....that's not his real twitter....you've been fooled son.

His real twitter is @RGIII and he hasn't said anything like that on twitter haha

Just a heads up....that's not his real twitter....you've been fooled son.

His real twitter is @RGIII and he hasn't said anything like that on twitter haha

Yep, I went to check it out because I couldn't believe he would say something so stupid. Although, I don't much care for the guy as a QB and I have reservations about his real attitude, I still know he's more intelligent than that.

I haven't been this excited as a Colts' fan since the Super Bowl in 2007. This guy is going to be awesome as our QB for the next 12-15 years.

Hopefully. I feel optimistic about him being the QB of the future too though.

If you actually follow the links to other articles given in that story, you'll see the same things (but even worse) said about Cam Newton just shy of last year's draft.

I just don't understand all of the negativity with RGIII or Cam Newton. Neither one came off as arrogant to me. They are both confident and hard workers (2 things you want in a QB). I didn't think Newton would have such a great rookie year as he did, but I didn't think he would be a bust.

I don't see why people praise Luck in one breath and belittle RGIII in another breath.

yea i was tired about hearing RG3. He would not fit into the Colts system.

And just because there's not really anything else to talk about, what system would that be exactly and why would RG3 not fit into it?

I am happy we are taking luck. I've watched him since he got to Stanford because of harbaugh. I think he's the real deal while I am not happy getting him cost us Peyton in the process if I had to hand pick a rookie qb to replace Peyton in recent drafts luck would have been my first choice.

I'd swear I remember you saying, way back in Sept or Oct, that you hadn't seen Luck play much, if at all and that your interest in him was based on what all the experts are saying. :P

Well I'm glad it's finally been announced so that, barring some freak occurrence, we officially know for sure who the pick will be even though we've unofficially known for some time now.

And just because there's not really anything else to talk about, what system would that be exactly and why would RG3 not fit into it?

I'd swear I remember you saying, way back in Sept or Oct, that you hadn't seen Luck play much, if at all and that your interest in him was based on what all the experts are saying. :P

Well I'm glad it's finally been announced so that, barring some freak occurrence, we officially know for sure who the pick will be even though we've unofficially known for some time now.

I think he always followed Luck. A few others went by experts and articles....

As for me, you know all too well I fell in love back in the fall when I started to watch. :)

In fact, if you had seen how Arians spread out his wideouts at Pitt recently, RG3 would have been a good fit with that spread style where RG3 could use his legs like Big Ben. However, chances are, the head coach may not ask Arians to run the same kind here. The routes may be similar, the formations may or may not. Heck, we may not go after our receiving TE till later in round 4 with an Egnew or Ladarius Green after all, who knows???

A lot of things are up in the air. I am sure Jim Irsay was not going to let another Stanford QB out of his hands, like his Dad did :).

Exactly. And our old QB went to the old Standford QB who the Colts didn't get. It's a full circle. :)

Now the big questions are:

i) Will Luck win a SB with the Colts faster than Rodgers won with the Packers (Packers changed to a 3-4 in a couple of years and got good with it fast)?

ii) Will Luck win a SB with the Colts faster than Peyton will with the Broncos?

Which question would you rather answer? :)

Now the big questions are:

i) Will Luck win a SB with the Colts faster than Rodgers won with the Packers (Packers changed to a 3-4 in a couple of years and got good with it fast)?

ii) Will Luck win a SB with the Colts faster than Peyton will with the Broncos?

Which question would you rather answer? :)

I am not too high on Denver and wasn't with their flukey season last year either.

I think Green Bay has another ring in the Rodgers era. Maybe two. Depends though since the NFC is so competitive right now.

I've watched him about as much as one can watch him in Indiana. Clearly I didn't see every game. Still when Stanford was on TV I would watch him becuase I liked Jim Harbaugh and wanted to see how they did and got drawn into Stanford because of Harbaugh and kept watching them threw this year. I didn't scout him or try to scout him like some try to do on here but was still impressed with what I saw. Am I an expert on him no, never claimed to be. Am I a fan of his? Yes. Just because I didn't claim to be an expert on him doesn't mean I didn't pay attention to him and be a fan of his.