Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Schefter: Colts To Take Luck [Merge]

FightLikeSin

Has anyone noticed the uncanny similarities to 1998 and Peyton and Leaf.

Peyton was more NFL ready------> all they keep saying about Luck.

Ryan Leaf had the stronger arm------> RG3

Now all these experts are saying that RG3 will have a better career than Luck and Skip Baseless was arguing today that the Colts are making a HUGE MISTAKE by not taking Griffin.

I don't think either Luck nor RG3 will end up a bust but if I'm Luck I'm loving all the praise and hype that RG3 is receiving now.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've watched him about as much as one can watch him in Indiana. Clearly I didn't see every game. Still when Stanford was on TV I would watch him becuase I liked Jim Harbaugh and wanted to see how they did and got drawn into Stanford because of Harbaugh and kept watching them threw this year. I didn't scout him or try to scout him like some try to do on here but was still impressed with what I saw. Am I an expert on him no, never claimed to be. Am I a fan of his? Yes. Just because I didn't claim to be an expert on him doesn't mean I didn't pay attention to him and be a fan of his.

No where did I say that you claimed to be an expert nor that you weren't a fan of his. :P I just said I thought I remembered you specifically saying that you didn't watch much, if any, of him in college. I could be thinking of someone else but I'm pretty sure it was you. Either way it's not like it's a big deal. Was just teasing you.

In fact, if you had seen how Arians spread out his wideouts at Pitt recently, RG3 would have been a good fit with that spread style where RG3 could use his legs like Big Ben. However, chances are, the head coach may not ask Arians to run the same kind here. The routes may be similar, the formations may or may not. Heck, we may not go after our receiving TE till later in round 4 with an Egnew or Ladarius Green after all, who knows???

A lot of things are up in the air. I am sure Jim Irsay was not going to let another Stanford QB out of his hands, like his Dad did :).

Except that Big Ben used his legs to get himself in position to still throw the ball, and I think the danger with Griffin is that he has world class speed & he knows it, so when he starts moving those legs, there's a decent chance he'll just naturally and instinctively just keep running.

No where did I say that you claimed to be an expert nor that you weren't a fan of his. :P I just said I thought I remembered you specifically saying that you didn't watch much, if any, of him in college. I could be thinking of someone else but I'm pretty sure it was you. Either way it's not like it's a big deal. Was just teasing you.

I'll be honest Jason I don't remember much about our converstation this fall. I've slept a lot since then. If I said something like that I think you miss understood what I was trying to say. My guess without having it to look at is that I was just trying to say I didn't think I was an expert on him which I am not. I just like him and have always followed him as a fan because I liked Stanford because of Harbaugh but frankly never really watched him like I thought he would be an Indianapolis Colt because I never honeslty thought we would have a chance at him till later in this past season. I remember when I saw he went back last year thinking man someone is going to get a good player and thinking too bad it wont be us and feeling bad for the Panthers. I just watched him because I liked him as a fan that's all. I am not trying to make it into a big deal I am just trying to explain where I was coming from and trying to be more clear about what I am guessing I was trying to say.

I'll be honest Jason I don't remember much about our converstation this fall. I've slept a lot since then. If I said something like that I think you miss understood what I was trying to say. My guess without having it to look at is that I was just trying to say I didn't think I was an expert on him which I am not. I just like him and have always followed him as a fan because I liked Stanford because of Harbaugh but frankly never really watched him like I thought he would be an Indianapolis Colt because I never honeslty thought we would have a chance at him till later in this past season. I remember when I saw he went back last year thinking man someone is going to get a good player and thinking too bad it wont be us and feeling bad for the Panthers. I just watched him because I liked him as a fan that's all. I am not trying to make it into a big deal I am just trying to explain where I was coming from and trying to be more clear about what I am guessing I was trying to say.

If not for Harbaugh I might not have followed Luck either. I remember my dad giving me articles he cut out of newspapers when I saw him, about Andrew Luck. This was going back to when Luck first started in Stanford. I think my father was just giving me information since he knew how much I loved Harbaugh.

I never at the time would have guessed that years down the road Luck would be the Colts next QB either.

I am not a huge college football fan but started to watch Stanford last fall when the Colts were sucking so bad. I instantly loved watching the kid and the "feel" of him. I said at the time after a while I would consider letting go of what would be at the time a 36 year old Manning for this kid.

They often say "absence makes the heart grow fonder" but for me it was different. I think I mentally drifted away from Peyton in his lost season and fell for another guy. Whether it works out remains to be seen. Hey, I never did well in the past with long distance relationships. ;)

I admit thatI was 95% sure the Colts would take Luck. But there was that 5% that remembered when Jim Irsay was the GM and made amazing trades like two #1 picks for LB Fredd Young or Chris Hinton, Andre Rison, and a #1 for the pick to get Jeff George. So I was worried he might like RG Leaf better.

Mr. Curious here...A couple of comments/questions...all sports websites, espn, nfl network, etc. are all saying Luck's the man. Everyone seems to be pleased about it including me. I've been outspoken worrying that they would take RGIII. So here's the questions...

Why hasn't anyone with the Colt's confirmed this? I predicted Irsay would deny the report at 10:32 this morning...but nothing but song tweets.

Secondly, one day after their big news conference when they could have made the announcement themselves, they elected not to and said we wouldn't know until April 26th and then the news that sources have said they told Luck. I assume it's true but why didn't they just admit it and get the news out from the team itself? It seems a little dysfunctional to me. Anyone else see this or just happy and hoping it's true?

Mr. Curious here...A couple of comments/questions...all sports websites, espn, nfl network, etc. are all saying Luck's the man. Everyone seems to be pleased about it including me. I've been outspoken worrying that they would take RGIII. So here's the questions...

Why hasn't anyone with the Colt's confirmed this? I predicted Irsay would deny the report at 10:32 this morning...but nothing but song tweets.

Secondly, one day after their big news conference when they could have made the announcement themselves, they elected not to and said we wouldn't know until April 26th and then the news that sources have said they told Luck. I assume it's true but why didn't they just admit it and get the news out from the team itself? It seems a little dysfunctional to me. Anyone else see this or just happy and hoping it's true?

I honestly do not care. Somebody from the Luck camp obviously comfirmed the news and thats good enough for me. I never really had any doubt that they wouldn't take Luck instead of RG3. It really is the obvious choice and would be for probably 30 out of the 32 teams. I see no dysfunction or anything else.

If not for Harbaugh I might not have followed Luck either. I remember my dad giving me articles he cut out of newspapers when I saw him, about Andrew Luck. This was going back to when Luck first started in Stanford. I think my father was just giving me information since he knew how much I loved Harbaugh.

I never at the time would have guessed that years down the road Luck would be the Colts next QB either.

I am not a huge college football fan but started to watch Stanford last fall when the Colts were sucking so bad. I instantly loved watching the kid and the "feel" of him. I said at the time after a while I would consider letting go of what would be at the time a 36 year old Manning for this kid.

They often say "absence makes the heart grow fonder" but for me it was different. I think I mentally drifted away from Peyton in his lost season and fell for another guy. Whether it works out remains to be seen. Hey, I never did well in the past with long distance relationships. ;)

The Harbaugh connection cannot be understated. I am simply still kind of in ..... semi shock at the fact that this franchise is about to get to take a blue chip QB, and Manning is still in the league.

Amazing really, and in all reality the smart business move by the team. When all variables are factored in.

Just down right LUCKY.... :coltslogo:

Good Im glad they picked Luck instead of Rg3,Im scared of running QBS.Luck is intelligent,with a strong work ethic,hes the all-american guy like Peyton.I like his clean cut appearance versus the dreadlocks,thats a plus too.

Ya know, I also think that dreads just look tacky as heck on athletes.