Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A FREE agency wish list.

My incomplete but current wish list for FA signings.

Melvin Ingram for our pass rush rotation.

De'Vondre Campbell as a big upgrade at mike.

Chris Harris at CB

Zach Ertz TE to give us a very legitimate threat 

And if CB REALLY wants to improve our D Calais Campbell. He and Buck would tear IT UP!!!
   I woke up at 3:40 thinking about this ____! 

The hope brought from Free agency always gets me thinking and pumped up. lol  :lecture:    :colts:

Chris Harris has lost a step, no thank you. Ingram won't come cheap for rotation after his rodeo with the Chiefs, and if he does, it will be with a SB contender on a 1 year "show me" deal. 

Ertz, might be willing to come here, depends on who we get for QB. Campbell at MIKE or Haason Reddick for LEO position both would be good pickups.

If the price is right, Terron Armstead (if in the $15-17 mil. range) for LT, or Marcus Williams for safety (both did not get tagged by Saints who will be losing a lot of talent this off season).

9 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Chris Harris has lost a step, no thank you. Ingram won't come cheap for rotation after his rodeo with the Chiefs, and if he does, it will be with a SB contender on a 1 year "show me" deal. 

Ertz, might be willing to come here, depends on who we get for QB. Campbell at MIKE or Haason Reddick for LEO position both would be good pickups.

If the price is right, Terron Armstead (if in the $15-17 mil. range) for LT, or Marcus Williams for safety (both did not get tagged by Saints who will be losing a lot of talent this off season).

I saw an article recently that claimed the Saints were working on a long term deal with Williams and my first thought was how are they going to afford that?

47 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Chris played very well last season and is considered a great fit. 
Not sure why you are no comprendo on such a good fit.
  You don't know anything about what Ingram might do, and of course the edge players that perform well get paid. Not sure there is a better fit for the money. Do you think he would get more than $10M?
 I don't care who we get at TE, we need help ASAP. And that is something a veteran can bring. 
 I read Armstead has missed 5-6 games something like 5 of 9 seasons. lol
  Let's hope Ballard hits on the position.
  I really do like the idea of having a high quality FS, and paying top dollar could be worth it.

26 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Chris played very well last season and is considered a great fit. 
Not sure why you are no comprendo on such a good fit.

You don't know anything about what Ingram might do, and of course the edge players that perform well get paid. Not sure there is a better fit for the money. Do you think he would get more than $10M?
 I don't care who we get at TE, we need help ASAP. And that is something a veteran can bring. 
 I read Armstead has missed 5-6 games something like 5 of 9 seasons. lol
  Let's hope Ballard hits on the position.
  I really do like the idea of having a high quality FS, and paying top dollar could be worth it.

Chris Harris plays the slot CB position where Moore mans the position, and is not an outside CB anymore at this point in his life. His PFF rating puts him on par with Xavier Rhodes that we probably get rid of (unless Rhodes wants to move to safety). We are trying to get younger at the position, that is why it is not the direction I think we will go. RYS and Rodgers played well as outside CBs, IMO, we might get a slot CB in the draft if it is to get Moore's replacement.

Ingram, your guess is as good as mine and he was very happy to play for the Chiefs and unless we blow him away with a 2 year deal like we did with Justin Houston a few years ago, I do not see him coming here. Besides, he will play the same role as Paye and this would assume we say goodbye to Turay and AQM as well. Word is Chiefs get rid of Frank Clark who has not lived up to his contract, so there is a good chance they re-sign Ingram, IMO. The Ingram signing allowed the Chiefs to move Chris Jones inside, and it was a bargain trade for the Chiefs that gave up a Day 3 pick for Ingram who was not seeing playing time on the Steelers mid-season.

Fairly modest, actually, considering that Wentz cap hit is gone.

Armstead, to secure the LT spot for years.

Casey Heyward, to provide a Corner to bridge the time it takes for a 2022 4th round draft pick to develop along with Rodgers.

(Possibly Rasul Douglas if we want to go a little longer term with the vet corner)

Ju-Ju Smith, to provide vet WR experience and stability for the new QB and to ease the development of a 2022 second round draft pick.

Derrick Barnett,  EDGE, to provide more veteran depth pass rush to play along with the young guys Paye and Dayo.  A better option than resigning Turay. 

And a FS.  Not sure who is the best option here.

On 3/10/2022 at 6:55 AM, throwing BBZ said:

My incomplete but current wish list for FA signings.

Melvin Ingram for our pass rush rotation.

De'Vondre Campbell as a big upgrade at mike.

Chris Harris at CB

Zach Ertz TE to give us a very legitimate threat 

And if CB REALLY wants to improve our D Calais Campbell. He and Buck would tear IT UP!!!
   I woke up at 3:40 thinking about this ____! 

The hope brought from Free agency always gets me thinking and pumped up. lol  :lecture:    :colts:

I like Ertz for this team

I think you are right on Calais Campbell as well (I didnt think about him, but he is still a great football player, and is tough to throw over....

At DE, Ingram isnt bad, but this is one spot that we HAVE to spend on   

There are better options

H Reddick, Chandler Jones, Harold Landry, Ogbah, V Miller 

Lets go ALL IN at DE.....  

A case could be made for a long term deal for Landry or Reddick who are getting better every year 

Another case could be made to go for C Jones or V Miller for short term 2-3 years as Dayo and Paye acclimate

Landry would be at the top of my list. 

Rasul Douglass

Marcus Williams 

Maybe OJ Howard

Resign Pryor even if we get Armstead.

Draft offense and maybe another CB.

I really like Troy Anderson for Mike back. Think we can get him with our 4th.

13 hours ago, Matabix said:

Landry would be at the top of my list. 

Rasul Douglass

Marcus Williams 

Maybe OJ Howard

Resign Pryor even if we get Armstead.

Draft offense and maybe another CB.

I really like Troy Anderson for Mike back. Think we can get him with our 4th.

Landry was tagged and then resigned by Tennessee. 

For LT I would have said Armstead but looking back am not sure its wise to pay for a player whom can't stay healthy and on the field.  Back to the draft or resign Fisher.

QB just might have to resign Jacoby again since he has familiarity with our system already

RG Austin Corbett - younger "like-for-like" replacement for Glowinski

FS Marcus Williams - long time wish list signing for the Colts and with added cap space is now possible assuming the Colts go cheap route signing low cost QB or draft one on a rookie contract

A couple of the guys I wanted a few weeks ago were tagged or signed.  Some of my favorite remaining targets:

OT - Trent Brown Pats

WR - DJ Chark; 2nd choice Juju

TE - OJ Howard - 1 or 2 year prove it deal;  Gerald Everett

DE - Chandler Jones or Nwosu... possibly Zadarrius Smith (health permitting)

Archived