Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts QB Watch Party

RollerColt

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, runthepost said:

He’ll do better. The Offensive line is leagues better than the Texans. Plus they have Chubb and Cooper

Time will tell, but being out of the league for a year is going to impact him and I believe negatively. Almost like Leveon Bell, dude was stellar, thought he deserved the world and sat out….worst mistake of bells life. Yea Watson didn’t hold out he was held out but it will still have an impact I believe 

2 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

I bet he does worse, just my opinion.

It’s an interesting question.

Like, I bet Baker doesn’t have as good a basic stat line, 27 td’s and 7 int’s. But I bet we get slightly less erratic play like we did with Wentz.

Still, I think they’re around the same talent level. 

7 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Oh boy. I will give credit to Lawrence because he is the only one who had this info.

It's done....  but it's not done.    

Hedging at its best.   He even turned off comments to the post

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Baker comes with a rocket arm, turn over machine and a child like attitude. No thanks. Even if they couldn't land Watson , they were quite prepared to move on.  I would go with Ryan. He is a perfect bridge qb for another young qb. He fits Reichs scheme perfectly.  Winston is a deep passer much like Wentz. If  Falcons move to Watson, the Colts should get Ryan for peanuts. No one is really needing a qb.

Now that Atlanta is not getting Watson, one would think they’re keeping Ryan.  They’re not looking to trade him j less we made a big offer.   And that’s not what Ballard does.

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Now that Atlanta is not getting Watson, one would think they’re keeping Ryan.  They’re not looking to trade him j less we made a big offer.   And that’s not what Ballard does.

Kind of feel bad for him. He’s not going to win with Atlanta honestly. 

1 minute ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Time will tell, but being out of the league for a year is going to impact him and I believe negatively. Almost like Leveon Bell, dude was stellar, thought he deserved the world and sat out….worst mistake of bells life. Yea Watson didn’t hold out he was held out but it will still have an impact I believe 

Qbs miss time due to injury every year.   Burrow just went to the superbowl after missing time abs rehabbing.    I'm sure Watson will be very good

11 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

I don't dislike Baker like many people do.  I'm just tired of dumping assets for other teams' discarded players.  Go get Jameis or Mariota, draft someone this year or keep collecting assets for next year, and let's get this this ship righted.  Trading more picks and then having to do a new contract for Baker is just a longer stay in QB purgatory, to me.

You do realize Jamies (Bucs and Saints) and Mariota (Titans and Raiders) are other teams discarded players too.....If you get a QB that can lead the team into the future does it really matter if you give up a future first? Most rosters are comprised on mid to late round picks and UDFA's anyways. Strike while the iron is hot because we do not know if that 2nd round pick this year or a 1st round pick next year can actually play in the NFL. Mayfield has proven he can lead the Browns into the playoffs and win a game. The Browns.....

Just now, BlackTiger said:

they offered him an outrageous contract. he will say hes all in for the super bowl but this was for the money 

He just guaranteed his family generations of wealth. Can’t believe he just got a 100% guaranteed contract 

1 minute ago, BlackTiger said:

they offered him an outrageous contract. he will say hes all in for the super bowl but this was for the money 

No doubt, $230 fully guaranteed it’s stupid, I mean beyond stupid. Dude could die in a week and his estate would collect the money. NFL contracts are so stupid it’s beyond my comprehension 

1 minute ago, Happy2BeHere said:

No doubt, $230 fully guaranteed it’s stupid, I mean beyond stupid. Dude could die in a week and his estate would collect the money. NFL contracts are so stupid it’s beyond my comprehension 

These new contracts are insane.

2 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Baker as far as his contract is pretty low risk because he only has a year left. If they don’t have to give up a lot they will still be in position to draft a QB in 23. But if it goes bad could get Reich and Ballard fired.

I think it's a pretty good gamble. Chris Ballard and Frank Reich are riding the line as it is anyway.

6 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Baker as far as his contract is pretty low risk because he only has a year left. If they don’t have to give up a lot they will still be in position to draft a QB in 23. But if it goes bad could get Reich and Ballard fired.

I don’t know, I think getting Baker kind of takes us out of drafting a QB for a while.

Just now, Patrick Miller said:

I think it's a pretty good gamble. Chris Ballard and Frank Reich are riding the line as it is anyway.

and if the Colts do trade for Mayfield... would they be content to let the one year contract ride out?

or do they try to work in an extension, to avoid having to go through this ordeal again next year?

Just now, RollerColt said:

He’s been saying this stuff for days. Eventually he’ll be right if every day is “the day”. 

It's done! Not official but done! We got him ladies and gentlemen! 

*Colts sign some depth special teamer*

I TOLD YOU SO! 

Just now, Patrick Miller said:

Way too much money. I think the dude is overrated and shouldn't get paid near that much. These new contracts are ridiculous.

At first I was frustrated with Ballard but after seeing what these players are going, I am starting to understand his way of thinking.

1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I don’t know, I think getting Baker kind of takes us out of drafting a high round rookie for a while.

Depends on what they give..

If they don't send the first from next year, they could absolutely send a package to get to the top for one of those studs at QB in the 23 class

Archived