Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Apparently Colts are a dead man walking

Restinpeacesweetchloe

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TheMiz said:

It can't be a must win year, and the team expected to have a new QB. Unless they find a way to get one of the elite QBs, there is no way this team is in must win territory

Hopefully people begin to see why I’m ok with using the 2022 season as a developmental and “see what we have” season and grabbing a qb in the draft of 2023.  

3 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

Lol I said this in the other thread, it’s going to be hard to convince people to come here to play and coach.  Players and coaches do not believe in Wentz and rumors of Reich being hard to work with does not help either.  

Where the hell are you seeing Reich we being hard to work with. Now your making stuff up.

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

The funny thing is there is nothing Ballard can do to force a elite QB to come here. I have said ir in previous threads both will be gone after this season because I am not sure it can be fixed. The bad thing is no GM is going to come in and find a elite QB either.

Having one of the worst receiving corps in the league definitely will not help trying to land a top tier qb

4 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Where the hell are you seeing Reich we being hard to work with. Now your making stuff up.

Multiple outlets (including ESPN). 

for example, having an OC that has never called plays so his own playcalling would never come into question or be taken away.

Just now, smittywerb said:

Multiple outlets (including ESPN). 

for example, having an OC that has never called plays so his own playcalling would never come into question or be taken away.

Lmso. That doesn’t indicate hw is hard to work with. That sis not come from espn.  Reich’s play calling is not why we are where we are.

2 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Lmso. That doesn’t indicate hw is hard to work with. That sis not come from espn.  Reich’s play calling is not why we are where we are.

Ok, heard that from media outlets and on the morning show with Keyshawn When we lost to the jags but you got it.

Here is what would hurt me more.

If TY leaves and goes to another contender and succeeds with a better QB rubbing salt on our wounds, IMO. TY is not the difference maker as a No.1 or No.2 WR right now but can be a good complementary wideout as a No.3, there is a good chance I am thinking he might explore 1 year with some other team.

1 minute ago, Superman said:

Colts fans after the season ended: THINGS NEED TO CHANGE!

Irsay after the season ended: We need to make some changes.

Ballard after the season ended: We're looking at changes we can make.

Changes start happening. Colts fans reaction:

40f.png

Then after changes are made they will be trashed as bad moves, incompetent management, etc. Also I think people extremely over value a 1st round pick. If you have to give up two firsts to get a player to

make that next leap, you do it. 

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

Colts fans after the season ended: THINGS NEED TO CHANGE!

Irsay after the season ended: We need to make some changes.

Ballard after the season ended: We're looking at changes we can make.

Changes start happening. Colts fans reactions:

40f.png

I think the real issue is are they good moves or panic moves. He says his sources are coaches who are leaving so my guess is he was told this.

53 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

This is such a bad look for Irsay and Ballard if true. This is what happens when your franchise QB retires and your GM is too passive. 

Oh whatever!!

Yeah they had ZERO interest in the DC position right?  Lmbo.  Flus had been in line for a job for years, he took his assts. with him, that always happens when you don't promote them to fill the DC job and so on....

We had the high profile guys that fit our personnel, even some that didn't, interested and looking to land this job.

Trust me, after barely missing the PO's people aren't avoiding this job like the plague.

A team that has made the playoffs 2 of the last 5 years while using 4 different starting qb's is not devoid of talent, quite frankly, the opposite is true, this team is loaded with talent. And we would have made the playoffs this year but we graciously deferred to Ben so he could enjoy one more post season. The Bengals were in the super bowl yesterday and Eli Apple was on the field for them. I really don't see how any one can complain about the level of talent on this team!!!!

55 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

Lol I said this in the other thread, it’s going to be hard to convince people to come here to play and coach.  Players and coaches do not believe in Wentz and rumors of Reich being hard to work with does not help either.  

Its the NFL, not the NBA..... quality players sign with JaX and MIA every year and have for decades of suckiness and uncertain regimes.....  the very top stars never make it to UFA, the ones that do chase the bag.  They don't leave money on the table to avoid a front office, just like they dont leave it on the table for...... oh, dang near anything,  the NFL career and economy is very different from the other pro sports.

Not to mention, when it comes to coaching.....  if you are looking to climb the career ladder, you SEEK OUT teams that routinely have their assistants hired away by outside teams for higher positions....lol.

I think he’s just being dramatic…

But for Colts coaches looking for opportunities elsewhere, this is a good time to get out. We’ve been that scrappy team exceeding expectations who have also developed some solid players…but now, this is kind of the most unsure our future has looked. Big contracts coming up, a less than ideal QB situation, not a lot of great players at important positions.

That said, we more just saw an exodus because of timing…OC/DC coordinator got HC gigs and took several staff members each. 

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I think Spears is talking about some of offensive assistants leaving.

Spears isn't a credible source.

Press Taylor left for a promotion, to a position that's not available on our team. 

Scottie Montgomery interviewed for a promotion (same thing), and as far as I know has not left at this point.

Mike Groh is the only person to make a lateral move. And that happens all the time in the NFL. He's a guy who's been demoted and fired multiple times over the last decade. And even if he did decide he didn't want to be with this team anymore, one instance doesn't make a trend.

The Colts have plenty of issues to be concerned about. We don't have to make stuff up.

42 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

We had so much draft ammo in the 2020 draft. Instead we traded it away for Buckner. Imagine what we could of offered a team with the 13th  pick and those two second round picks. Instead we get a guy with 7 sacks.

What we got for the 13 pick was the best DT in the league for our scheme once AD follows through and retires soon.....

2 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Lmao

But this tweet you share from McGinnis actually highlights the issues with your take on the OP you made about Spears here..... 

Why the laughter?  He's smoking a guy who's take you bought into hook line and sinker and trumpeted around as gospel that is leading you to know better than everyone.....   McGinnis is laughing AT those takes you take seriously......  not with you.,

1 hour ago, smittywerb said:

Since when has Reich been hard to work with? He makes stupid in game decisions for sure, but I’ve never heard he rubs people the wrong way. 

9 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

People are leaving because they are getting promotions.

And because they worked with Eberflus on his staff so they wanted to continue  that. It makes sense. 

3 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

But this tweet you share from McGinnis actually highlights the issues with your take on the OP you made about Spears here..... 

Why the laughter?  He's smoking a guy who's take you bought into hook line and sinker and trumpeted around as gospel that is leading you to know better than everyone.....   McGinnis is laughing AT those takes you take seriously......  not with you.,

20 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

These things happen. You just have to run with it. 

Guys, you’ll run yourselves to death trying to chase down the logic. 

Archived