Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

trevor

GRUMPY OLD MAN

No, they wouldn't trade Trevor Lawrence.

However, after watching the clown show that is the Jags front office, if I were Trevor's agent, I would tell him to play out his rookie contract, and then get the heck outta Jacksonville as fast as he can.

If that's the Colts 2 years from now, cool.  But you never know.

The Jags would not look to trade TL after one season, even a disappointing one.   

On top of that, the Jags would not consider trading him inside their own division.   The fear is, you trade him to a division rival, and they fix the broken asset, and then you have to face him twice a year for the rest of his career.   A nightmare no team wants.  This is why Houston isn’t trading Watson to the Colts. 

Jacksonville just hired Doug Peterson.  A former quarterback.  They hope he can fix Lawrence.  

4 hours ago, DEFENSE said:

after his bad season would the jags be open to trading trevor to the colts, thoughts?

Well it wouldn't be the first time a dysfunctional bottom feeder organization got rid of a desirable player.....but if it ever happens it wouldn't happen this year AND wouldn't be traded to the colts.... sure it would be   a more desirable team.

That's funny. You do realize Peyton Manning had a horrible rookie season too right? Trevor had no receivers that could catch or get open, he is top 2 or 3 in "dropped passes" from his receivers this year, and nearly half of his pics were tipped balls. 

Obviously I'm a jags fan lol, season ticket and same seat since day one. My post wasn't to compare Trevor to Manning, but just to say the jags aren't trading Trevor, and he is very happy with the Pederson hire. That was Trevor's number one choice. He has the tools, hopefully the Jags and Pederson can give him the the weapons around him to make that leap like Manning did. I actually work with the Jaguars, I'm an EMT for the team now, so I don't even sit in my seat, but I still keep it so I can go back to it after I no longer work the practices and games. Receivers stopped on routes, dropped nearly the league leading number of drops. Trevor's rookie year was hard, Urban Meyer was, I won't even say dumpster fire, because a dumpster fire would be an improvement. Hopefully we get it in the right direction now, we've had success in waves here, few and far between. But, if it continues on this trend, I agree, I would not be surprised if Trevor wanted put after his rookie contract. Take care Colts fans, be well

Hi, Jags fan here, and I promise I do come in peace. I have been reading your website for several years because I have always been impressed with the knowledge of many of the member's that post here.. I finally decided to register and hopefully enjoy interacting with many of you.

I can tell you with 99% certainty that Trevor is not for sale, LOL! I have been a fan since the beginning of our franchise and have not been so excited since our early success. Jag fans have experienced as much disappointment and pain as we can take and still be a fan. Maybe...just maybe he will answer our prayers. He had zero help this past year and a joke of a coach to boot, but I am very optimistic going forward with coach Pederson. That is not to say I am that sure he will be our long awaited franchise QB though!

Colts fans have been fortunate for many years to have fantastic QB'S, and like all fans you get spoiled with success. I hated Peyton back in the day, because we never had a chance. Many times I thought our overall talent was better but Peyton killed us every time.

Hey, look at the bright side, you could have Gabbert as your starting QB this year! Wentz is a good QB, just not dominant. He is good enough to take any team to the playoffs with good players around him, IMO. Jag fans have been praying for just average for many years to put things in perspective! Many teams, including us, have been searching for a franchise QB for decades.

Hang tuff Colts fans!

2 hours ago, Smtjags said:

Obviously I'm a jags fan lol, season ticket and same seat since day one. My post wasn't to compare Trevor to Manning, but just to say the jags aren't trading Trevor, and he is very happy with the Pederson hire. That was Trevor's number one choice. He has the tools, hopefully the Jags and Pederson can give him the the weapons around him to make that leap like Manning did. I actually work with the Jaguars, I'm an EMT for the team now, so I don't even sit in my seat, but I still keep it so I can go back to it after I no longer work the practices and games. Receivers stopped on routes, dropped nearly the league leading number of drops. Trevor's rookie year was hard, Urban Meyer was, I won't even say dumpster fire, because a dumpster fire would be an improvement. Hopefully we get it in the right direction now, we've had success in waves here, few and far between. But, if it continues on this trend, I agree, I would not be surprised if Trevor wanted put after his rookie contract. Take care Colts fans, be well

Welcome to the Colts Forum. Do you travel to the United Kingdom whenever the Jags are playing there?

2 hours ago, jaxjag said:

Hi, Jags fan here, and I promise I do come in peace. I have been reading your website for several years because I have always been impressed with the knowledge of many of the member's that post here.. I finally decided to register and hopefully enjoy interacting with many of you.

I can tell you with 99% certainty that Trevor is not for sale, LOL! I have been a fan since the beginning of our franchise and have not been so excited since our early success. Jag fans have experienced as much disappointment and pain as we can take and still be a fan. Maybe...just maybe he will answer our prayers. He had zero help this past year and a joke of a coach to boot, but I am very optimistic going forward with coach Pederson. That is not to say I am that sure he will be our long awaited franchise QB though!

Colts fans have been fortunate for many years to have fantastic QB'S, and like all fans you get spoiled with success. I hated Peyton back in the day, because we never had a chance. Many times I thought our overall talent was better but Peyton killed us every time.

Hey, look at the bright side, you could have Gabbert as your starting QB this year! Wentz is a good QB, just not dominant. He is good enough to take any team to the playoffs with good players around him, IMO. Jag fans have been praying for just average for many years to put things in perspective! Many teams, including us, have been searching for a franchise QB for decades.

Hang tuff Colts fans!

Welcome to the Colts forum. 

28 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Welcome to the Colts Forum. Do you travel to the United Kingdom whenever the Jags are playing there?

No we only do practices and home games. Obviously the trainers and team doctors travel, but for games,  EMS is provided by the home team, and we cover both the jags and the visiting team. It's because we have the Ambulance, and we know the local hospitals etc. If they call us on the field it's because someone is hurt really bad, and it needs to be a local EMS crew that knows the hospitals and which one to go to depending on the injury. But we are at every practice, hang out after practice, get to know the guys, the coaches, and were on the sideline at every home game with them. Same would go for the EMS crew for your Colts.

On 2/9/2022 at 8:07 PM, Ostjags said:

i am moving to pensacola in the spring, while i am waiting for ballards delayed gratification , i will be a trevor fan. i am 77 years old and might not have time for ballards delayed method to work

On 2/9/2022 at 11:04 PM, Ostjags said:

No we only do practices and home games. Obviously the trainers and team doctors travel, but for games,  EMS is provided by the home team, and we cover both the jags and the visiting team. It's because we have the Ambulance, and we know the local hospitals etc. If they call us on the field it's because someone is hurt really bad, and it needs to be a local EMS crew that knows the hospitals and which one to go to depending on the injury. But we are at every practice, hang out after practice, get to know the guys, the coaches, and were on the sideline at every home game with them. Same would go for the EMS crew for your Colts.

jags seem to have the colts number

18 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

There's a rumor that the Bills want to trade Josh Allen to the Colts for this year's 2nd round pick. Should we consider this?

How do these rumors get started? If this happened -though I don't believe it-- there is no way the Bills would trade Allen for a second rounder. He would be available for several first rounders at the least if they even considered it. 

On 2/10/2022 at 2:05 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Any Jags fan would tell you they wouldn't trade Lawrence in a million years. I still think he can be a lot like Luck or Burrow. He just needs a better team around him.

Better coaching too.

Pederson could be very good for TL and give that franchise the stability it needs

Archived