Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Black Monday

Chrisaaron1023

I can see Fangio going back to Bears to become DC with Jim Harbaugh getting his hands on Justin Fields to run his "run the ball and play D and lots of RPOs, ala Kaepernick" style. To me, Justin Fields makes the Bears job attractive for a guy like Harbaugh who has apparently 7 teams interested in him. Remember, unlike with the Colts under Jim Mora Sr., Fangio was not fired by the Bears, he got a promotion to become head coach with the Broncos and Pagano took over for DC.

Dan Quinn is rumored to be the next Broncos head coach target. Both Flores or Zimmer would be excellent DCs. I would prefer Flores because the Dolphins were attacking everyone with an aggressive approach the last 9 games. It would be a breath of fresh air. Zimmer likes to occasionally blitz too and he would blitz more than Eberflus for sure, I can see him getting along with Frank real well, IMO, and we won't have to change schemes much either.

Dolphins are just a terrible organization. Didnt Flores take them from 4 wins to 10 in one offseason. Then rattled off like 7 or 8 straight wins this year, surrounded by quarterback controversy and really a mediocre roster?? Such a scapegoat move they will be terrible again for the next 5 years.

6 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Dolphins firing Flores makes no sense

I agree. That was really a shock.

Only thing that makes sense is, like so many others have mentioned, he was pushing for Watson and was butting heads over it? :dunno:

44 minutes ago, Gramz said:

* poor front office.

That's what I'm going with.

Dysfunctional, without a doubt! What coach with any kind of prior resume would want this job now? Uncertainty with the QB, and a front office that can't seem to make up it's  mind and acts impulsively.

31 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

Dysfunctional, without a doubt! What coach with any kind of prior resume would want this job now? Uncertainty with the QB, and a front office that can't seem to make up it's  mind and acts impulsively.

I guess one that can't get hired anywhere else. 

Maybe Urban M. haha

Flores or Leftwich would do well in Jacksonville.

Jim Harbaugh is either gunning for LA Raiders job where he started off as QB coach and has familiarity with the owner Mark Davis, or he is going to the Bears and taking Fangio with him, IMO. 

7 hours ago, Colt.45 said:

Nagy also fired in Chicago. Zimmer in Minnesota gone too.

Gotta say, the Dolphins are showing exactly why they remain losers. 

When I read a Vikings fan write, "Let's hire Flores", I thought "Who is that? Could it be Brian Flores?" Was he there 2 or 3 years?  They have such a short leash with some coaches.

I like continuity. I am thankful that we gave Zimmer eight years. It did not work out but he had ample time. I am sad to lose our GM but he was with us 16 years. That too is a lot but I am a huge fan of Rick Spielman. So glad to have had him.

4 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Giants GM Dave Gettleman has announced he's retiring after 4 years with the Giants. 

My friend who is a Giants season ticket holder told me this last night. 

I think Flores did a much better job than Joe Judge but Judge still has a job. 

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

Flores or Leftwich would do well in Jacksonville.

Jim Harbaugh is either gunning for LA Raiders job where he started off as QB coach and has familiarity with the owner Mark Davis, or he is going to the Bears and taking Fangio with him, IMO. 

I hope Jim Harbaugh does not come to the Vikings. I don't know who I want as coach.  I want an offensive-minded person.  Someone said they saw Lane Kiffin as a possibility. Gosh, I hope not. I want no college coach and no coach with his past. That is like hiring Urban Meyer. 

One Vikings fan wants Ed Dodds to be hired as GM. 

16 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I hope Jim Harbaugh does not come to the Vikings. I don't know who I want as coach.  I want an offensive-minded person.  Someone said they saw Lane Kiffin as a possibility. Gosh, I hope not. I want no college coach and no coach with his past. That is like hiring Urban Meyer. 

One Vikings fan wants Ed Dodds to be hired as GM. 

Actually Doug Pederson would work real well as Vikings head coach. He might lure Jim Schwartz over from the Titans defensive coaches. It would be a good get from what they want to accomplish with the offense. Schwartz can get a bit too aggressive with his D but if you give him good DL talent, he can tone it down a bit as well.

17 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Didn't the Colts have Fangio as DC in the past?

The only way Fangio comes here is if Jim Harbaugh comes here as HC, not happening. Harbaugh and Fangio worked together at Stanford and at the 49ers, if I remember right. So the Bears is a logical fit to me. Plus the Raiders owe a LOT of money to Gruden and might ride their current interim coach if the players stand behind him. Dolphins owner has already ruled out going after Jim Harbaugh.

Bears lost a first round pick getting their own suspect QB, there's was a top 10 pick. The best job is the Bronco's, they have the pieces, just like us they need a QB. Maybe they have an eye on Wentz. The Vikings have a good rooster, but the job I like is the Texan's job. Still looks to be good, they have a high pick and will get a boatload for Watson..

6 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

Bears lost a first round pick getting their own suspect QB, there's was a top 10 pick. The best job is the Bronco's, they have the pieces, just like us they need a QB. Maybe they have an eye on Wentz. The Vikings have a good rooster, but the job I like is the Texan's job. Still looks to be good, they have a high pick and will get a boatload for Watson..

2 young extremely talented QBs in AFC West with Mahomes and Herbert, Rodgers might have 1 or 2 good years left, so Harbaugh could logically choose the NFC North over the AFC West looking at the future possibility of winning the division, IMO.

The Bears make too much sense. Cold weather, run the ball, play outstanding D and have a QB that can extend plays running too. It would be like the 49ers all over again, IMO especially if he brings Fangio back with him for the D.

22 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Actually Doug Pederson would work real well as Vikings head coach. He might lure Jim Schwartz over from the Titans defensive coaches. It would be a good get from what they want to accomplish with the offense. Schwartz can get a bit too aggressive with his D but if you give him good DL talent, he can tone it down a bit as well.

Pederson seems like a stable guy, which I want for the Vikings. I would not mind him. I like that he goes for it on 4th down. haha He was one of the first coaches that seemed to go outside the box and try to get a first down or a touchdown on 4th down. Other coaches were quick to kick a FG or punt.   I wonder why the Eagles were so quick to part with him. 

As for Schwartz, there is something I do not like about him. I remember him not being too stable when he was the head coach of the Lions. I would like to give someone on the current staff a chance at DC (no one in particular). I want some continuity.

Do the Ravens have any coaches that would make good coaches? I like their organization. 

23 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am surprised the Dolphins fired their coach, they ended up 9-8 which is amazing after starting 1-7. Same record as us.

Yeah and seems like Flores has a decent chance at landing another HC job this cycle but it doesn't sound like his firing was about the record. It was about not be on the same page with their GM. 

17 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

After seeing so many good candidates out there, it was a mystery how Joe Judge had a job.

I am thinking they go after Brian Flores.

16 hours ago, ar7 said:

Yeah and seems like Flores has a decent chance at landing another HC job this cycle but it doesn't sound like his firing was about the record. It was about not be on the same page with their GM. 

That makes the Dolphins job far less attractive if they have to deal with the GM ego despite winning 8 out of the last 9 games.

Archived