Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC Playoffs

sb41champs

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

The most dangerous team offensively is KC.   Plus Arrowhead is a tough place to play

I think we match up well with KC. 

I think we, if healthy, are the team others don't want to face. 

If Henry is back and fully healthy, TN is a team who I think will be tough. Cincinnati is kinda scary. Bellichick makes great adjustments and beating him 2x in same season is always tough. 

1 minute ago, CurBeatElite said:

I think we match up well with KC. 

I think we, if healthy, are the team others don't want to face. 

If Henry is back and fully healthy, TN is a team who I think will be tough. Cincinnati is kinda scary. Bellichick makes great adjustments and beating him 2x in same season is always tough. 

Ceiling, balanced team on O and D, and road environment, hands down KC.

Everyone else has enough flaws that I’d be less worried.

21 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Ceiling, balanced team on O and D, and road environment, hands down KC.

Everyone else has enough flaws that I’d be less worried.

I get what you are saying, I  just think the way Ballard (who came from KC) built our team has us set up to match up with them well. We have speed on D and Leonard is probably the best LB in the NFL to match up to Mahommes. I don't think they could play keep away with us, though I think we could dominate the clock vs them by running the ball. 

I feel like if Henry is healthy, TN can beat us at our strengths or at least make it a heckuva fight.

I am interested to see the KC / Cincy game.

I would like us to hold onto #5 seed, then we’ll have less chance of seeing KC.

Im hoping we win  wildcard and Chargers/Cincy/Buffalo upset KC in 2nd round.  I think one of them could pull an upset.  I may feel differently after seeing Cincy play them this week.

I am also interested in how WE look this week.  We need to keep the intensity.  

47 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Why would it be different?

They’re accustomed to it. The high stakes atmosphere is just another game in January for them at this point. 

And Arrowhead isn’t exactly a friendly place to play, or a particularly nice place to play in the Missouri winter. 

8 hours ago, CurBeatElite said:

I get what you are saying, I  just think the way Ballard (who came from KC) built our team has us set up to match up with them well. We have speed on D and Leonard is probably the best LB in the NFL to match up to Mahommes. I don't think they could play keep away with us, though I think we could dominate the clock vs them by running the ball. 

I feel like if Henry is healthy, TN can beat us at our strengths or at least make it a heckuva fight.

Chiefs have a tight end that will rack up almost 150-200 yards on us. Elite tight ends and speedy receivers are this defense worse nightmare

If they are playing in the AFCCG I don’t care who the opponent is. It means at least 3 more weeks of Colts football and I am here for that.   

Not read the thread but assume KC is most common answer. Get the sentiment but also believe the Colts can compete with any team and win their share. 

9 hours ago, runthepost said:

Chiefs have a tight end that will rack up almost 150-200 yards on us. Elite tight ends and speedy receivers are this defense worse nightmare

Is there a defense who thrives against those qualities in an offense?

8 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

@CurBeatElitenailed it.  Tn with Henry scares me the most.  

They don't scare me at all because Tannehill is their QB. They will be one and done even if Henry comes back. I hope we play them 1st so my points will be proven that Wentz is better than Tannehill, Julio Jones was a bad pickup, and Taylor is just as great as Henry is. When they beat us here it was a fluke, they got every break imaginable late in that game.

18 hours ago, CurBeatElite said:

I don't think so. I think us and the Titans are evenly matched. The first matchup with Wentz injured shifted it in their favor.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They don't scare me at all because Tannehill is their QB. They will be one and done even if Henry comes back. I hope we play them 1st so my points will be proven that Wentz is better than Tannehill, Julio Jones was a bad pickup, and Taylor is just as great as Henry is. When they beat us here it was a fluke, they got every break imaginable late in that game.

Tannehill be destroying us by taking off running

11 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Buffalo, Carolina, Denver. Having a good pass rush helps this but the Colts don’t have that.

Well two of those 3 won’t be in the playoffs and Indy manhandled the 3rd.  That does not help your supporting argument. 

The point I am making is that teams with an “elite TE and speedy receivers” pose problems for any defense.  

Just now, jskinnz said:

Well two of those 3 won’t be in the playoffs and Indy manhandled the 3rd.  That does not help your supporting argument. 

The point I am making is that teams with an “elite TE and speedy receivers” pose problems for any defense.  

KC is the only team that can beat us IMO to your point, they also have the best QB in the Conference to go along with Kelce and Hill.

16 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

@CurBeatElitenailed it.  Tn with Henry scares me the most.  

Chiefs Patriots titans in that order. I feel we can bully other teams, but titans are just as physical, Chiefs defense has been on another level with Chris Jones and our defense would let Kelce have a field day. The Patriots are dangerous because they would put up more points with their starting RB and we have to hope Wentz would perform better in the rematch

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They beat us twice though.  You have to give them some credit, no?   They should cause some concern.   

Just now, Fluke_33 said:

They beat us twice though.  You have to give them some credit, no?   They should cause some concern.   

They are good but we are playing much better now. We should've won that 2nd game. I hope we play them again to prove we are better. KC scares me much more. Playing at Foxboro scares more as well.

p

9 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I don't think so. I think us and the Titans are evenly matched. The first matchup with Wentz injured shifted it in their favor.

That’s fair.  They play us tough and we them.  If Henry is back it worries me.  

5 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Chiefs Patriots titans in that order. I feel we can bully other teams, but titans are just as physical, Chiefs defense has been on another level with Chris Jones and our defense would let Kelce have a field day. The Patriots are dangerous because they would put up more points with their starting RB and we have to hope Wentz would perform better in the rematch

Pats don’t scare me at all.  The colts dominated that game.  They let them start a comeback but   It was never really in doubt.  

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They are good but we are playing much better now. We should've won that 2nd game. I hope we play them again to prove we are better. KC scares me much more. Playing at Foxboro scares more as well.

We would of beat them the first time if Wentz ankles weren’t bad. But they they haven’t beat us at full strength with all their weapons. I cant remember is both Brown and Julio played the second game.  But that first game both were sitting on the sidelines most of the game from injuries. They would probably be full health in a playoff game with Henry back. So I wouldn’t compare it to the past games.

Archived