Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hooded one using Hard Knocks as scouting film...

csmopar

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, csmopar said:

We all at one point or another make an opinion we refuse to change

True. But most of the time (I'd hope), it is an informed opinion. You've formed an opinion based on ignorance since you admitted you haven't even seen the show. 

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

We all at one point or another make an opinion we refuse to change

Yea but most of us have substance behind an opinion, not just a “feeling” or whim.

Your opinion of hard knocks might have a lil weight IF you took the time to watch 5 minutes of it.

just watch 5 minutes of episode 5 and try not to tear up.

4 hours ago, Superman said:

The Jaguars latest mess shows it starts at the top.

In fact, the comments about Jim Irsay from his daughters, during last night's HK episode, give some additional insight into that. Jim saw his father's tyrannical tenure, and was deeply affected by it. He wanted to install a completely different culture on his own watch. He has definitely done that.

At times, there have been some big personalities in the front office, some clashes between GM and coach, between staff and players. That's to be expected. But nothing like what just happened with the Jags would ever happen with the Colts. Irsay stepped right in during the Grigson/Pagano ordeal, which is probably something that mushroomed during a time when Irsay had to step away due to his personal issues.

And now, it seems like he has two guys that embody the culture he wants, in Ballard and Reich. It explains their new extensions, and it gives some insight into what kind of players will and won't be considered for the roster.

Bill and Jim Irsay couldn’t be more different so you are spot on here.  Jim is a great owner and clearly learned from his fathers mistakes.

On 12/15/2021 at 12:16 AM, EastStreet said:

They are just different.

From a QB's perspective (tougher in area)

Sacks: TB (35 vs 32)

Pressures: TB (151 vs 129)

INTs: NE (19 vs 15)

CBs: NE

FS: TB

SS: NE

From a RB's perspective

Run D: TB and not even close

Overall D Coaching: NE

yeah im specifically saying NE has the better secondary. 

also, I don't agree that Jordan Whitehead is a better cover safety compared to McCourty

1 hour ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I thought you were more open-minded than this.

Here’s the thing. Yes I am. But what people appear to not be understanding is what I’m either not explaining correctly or something.

im not saying that there IS any thing that the Hooded one is going to be able to glean from it. Yes I realize there would be minimal information. I’ve realized that from the word go. This is NOT about what is the focus point of Hard Knocks. 

what I am saying is that Hard Knocks is giving the Hooded one just one more thing to combine with everything else to help plan for us, whether or not any of us believe there is or isn’t anything that can be gleaned from it, obviously the Hooded one does or he wouldn’t be watching it, isn’t the point.

The point is this is just giving the unneeded OPPORTUNITY for inside information to an opposing team.

Whether or not there is anything to be gleaned is again, irrelevant. 

that said, it’s solely my opinion and that will not affect anything so I’m just going to end it here. 

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

obviously the Hooded one does or he wouldn’t be watching it,

So here's the thing, in the article on nfl. Com about this where they used a very misleading title, there's nothing to indicate hoodie himself has viewed the footage. Here is exactly what the article said:

"

New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick indicated Monday that the series is worth scanning for anything useful for his team's preparation ahead of its Saturday night road game against the Colts, airing exclusively on NFL Network.

"We track most everything any team that we play does. Depending on the relevance or importance of that information, at some point, it gets relayed down the line," Belichick said, via Masslive.com. "We have somebody that studies each team. Any relevant comments or information that we think is relevant to the preparation, that could be shared, sure."

Basically, they have someone watching everything from every team (as every team should and likely does) and IF anything is found that is deemed relevant, it gets passed through the chain of command and finally shared with hoodie if it passes the smell test enough times. 

I think either you let either a misleading title or the "hoodie mystique" get the better of your imagination. 

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Here’s the thing. Yes I am. But what people appear to not be understanding is what I’m either not explaining correctly or something.

im not saying that there IS any thing that the Hooded one is going to be able to glean from it. Yes I realize there would be minimal information. I’ve realized that from the word go. This is NOT about what is the focus point of Hard Knocks. 

what I am saying is that Hard Knocks is giving the Hooded one just one more thing to combine with everything else to help plan for us, whether or not any of us believe there is or isn’t anything that can be gleaned from it, obviously the Hooded one does or he wouldn’t be watching it, isn’t the point.

The point is this is just giving the unneeded OPPORTUNITY for inside information to an opposing team.

Whether or not there is anything to be gleaned is again, irrelevant. 

that said, it’s solely my opinion and that will not affect anything so I’m just going to end it here. 

I would respect this more if:

A) You'd watched the thing

B) Not started a topic about it, to.vent your opinion and make it clear you will broker discussion about it as nothing said will change your mind

Like.. come on. 

On 12/15/2021 at 11:42 AM, csmopar said:

My stance will not change 

Kinda like Frank on a 4th and 1.

You know,  theres a certain animal that is stubborn.  Dont be one of those.

Just give the darn thing a chance.  Unless you have NO INTEREST of who these players are as people, watch it.  If you liked the draft series done by the Colts (everyone loved that), give this a try.

I have a whole next-level admiration and respect for Kenny, Leonard, and Buckner.  
Its cool seeing these cats AS PEOPLE, not a number with a helmet on the field.  I feel more connected to them, and in some ways, the team.  I am able to be more invested in the team as individual pieces, as well as the team as a whole.

That opening part with Kenny and his mom..... lets just say it brought tears to a frown mans eyes.  We joke sometimes about the “character” of men on this team.  You can clearly see and feel it in this series.

13 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Kinda like Frank on a 4th and 1.

You know,  theres a certain animal that is stubborn.  Dont be one of those.

Just give the darn thing a chance.  Unless you have NO INTEREST of who these players are as people, watch it.  If you liked the draft series done by the Colts (everyone loved that), give this a try.

I have a whole next-level admiration and respect for Kenny, Leonard, and Buckner.  
Its cool seeing these cats AS PEOPLE, not a number with a helmet on the field.  I feel more connected to them, and in some ways, the team.  I am able to be more invested in the team as individual pieces, as well as the team as a whole.

That opening part with Kenny and his mom..... lets just say it brought tears to a frown mans eyes.  We joke sometimes about the “character” of men on this team.  You can clearly see and feel it in this series.

Fine I will watch an episode on your advice.

9 minutes ago, csmopar said:

We’ll see. I’m not a fan of reality tv. Which is what you all make it sound like. 

It's absolutely reality TV. I catch an episode here and there in other years. I'm watching regularly this year because it's the Colts. The last episode was shorter, and pretty dull from a football standpoint. 

I'm not saying you're necessarily missing anything ground breaking. Maybe a chance to get to know the team a little better, but nothing you can't live without. 

My only objection to your stance is that I think you're highly overstating the potential that this program can create a competitive advantage for a Colts opponent. I said that a few weeks ago, and I think your original take in this thread is based on something other than the facts. So just for me, I'm not concerned with whether you watch it. I just don't think your representation of it is fair or accurate.

50 minutes ago, csmopar said:

We’ll see. I’m not a fan of reality tv. Which is what you all make it sound like. 

It is all reality TV.   Next to nothing football related other than game recaps and some good sideline commentary towards the end.     If nothing else it will put your mind at ease that other teams are gaining info from it

One thing that hasn't happened during the Patriots' current win streak is that they haven't gotten behind. They're not built for comebacks. The offense is efficient but not explosive, and although you can't ask for much more from a rookie than they've gotten out of Mac Jones, they haven't played any games yet where the outcome was in his hands. They had "clutch time" chances to win vs. Dallas (in OT) and Tampa (missed FG with under a minute left) but Jones hasn't had to carry them at any point. 

If the Colts can build an early lead, they can change that script. The Patriots tend to play very loose D on the opponent's first drive, sort of a feeling-out thing, but I think they'll play this tight right at kickoff. 

11 minutes ago, GoPats said:

One thing that hasn't happened during the Patriots' current win streak is that they haven't gotten behind. They're not built for comebacks. The offense is efficient but not explosive, and although you can't ask for much more from a rookie than they've gotten out of Mac Jones, they haven't played any games yet where the outcome was in his hands. They had "clutch time" chances to win vs. Dallas (in OT) and Tampa (missed FG with under a minute left) but Jones hasn't had to carry them at any point. 

If the Colts can build an early lead, they can change that script. The Patriots tend to play very loose D on the opponent's first drive, sort of a feeling-out thing, but I think they'll play this tight right at kickoff. 

I haven't seen any Pat's games this year... just highlight reels and comments on line, so thanks for your viewpoint! 

I am looking forward to the matchup, although this game will never feel like the old rivalry we once had.  Those were the days!

Merry Christmas my friend. :D

14 minutes ago, GoPats said:

Good points. I think BB respects the ability of the Colts' offense to score points early, and he'll be interested in making sure the Colts don't jump out to an early lead. We've been up 10-0, 14-0 at times this season. They probably don't want to let that happen this week.

On 12/14/2021 at 1:01 PM, jvan1973 said:

Yeah.  Those clips of dinner at Groves house and of the wives and kids in the stands will really give away a gamelan.   If anything it's taking away time better spent from the poor fella employed to watch the footage 

Grovers sauce might give them an edge.  I plan to rewatch and try to copy it.

11 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Good or bad, i would like to know what you thought.

Wasted an hour of my life. And yes, I did not spot many things that are obvious give always, but there are some interesting tid bits that I came away with. Particularly studying body non verbals of players and coaches on the side lines and in the meeting room. But I’ll leave it at that

On 12/17/2021 at 4:48 PM, Gramz said:

I haven't seen any Pat's games this year... just highlight reels and comments on line, so thanks for your viewpoint! 

I am looking forward to the matchup, although this game will never feel like the old rivalry we once had.  Those were the days!

Merry Christmas my friend. :D

Hi Gramz! Merry Christmas to you and yours as well. I hope that everything is absolutely fantastic in your world! 

On 12/17/2021 at 4:49 PM, Superman said:

Good points. I think BB respects the ability of the Colts' offense to score points early, and he'll be interested in making sure the Colts don't jump out to an early lead. We've been up 10-0, 14-0 at times this season. They probably don't want to let that happen this week.

Thanks Supes. The Colts got that early lead, but it was more about the intensity that they played with while the Patriots were just flat coming out. Indy wanted it more and it showed. 

Good game all around, and a good win for the Colts. I'm glad NE at least made it interesting. Me and my 9-year-old are still trying to figure out why BB went for the FG with 9:00 left. I'm much mellower these days but I was yelling at my TV during that sequence, lol... 

Be well and have a Merry Christmas, and good luck to you guys the rest of the way. We may see ya again! 

9 minutes ago, GoPats said:

Thanks Supes. The Colts got that early lead, but it was more about the intensity that they played with while the Patriots were just flat coming out. Indy wanted it more and it showed. 

Good game all around, and a good win for the Colts. I'm glad NE at least made it interesting. Me and my 9-year-old are still trying to figure out why BB went for the FG with 9:00 left. I'm much mellower these days but I was yelling at my TV during that sequence, lol... 

Be well and have a Merry Christmas, and good luck to you guys the rest of the way. We may see ya again! 

The Pats made a lot of mistakes. I was a little upset with the fumble on the punt return, because we didn't recover it. I expected that little misstep would spark a reaction from BB, and the Pats would focus and not make more mistakes. It felt like our big chance, and it was going to actually work against us.

As it turned out, y'all had more mistakes to make. The Colts had the type of intensity they needed to have, and didn't really let up all game. It also helps to be able to win in December with only 12 pass attempts. That's probably not the formula we expected, but it worked out.

You have a good young QB. I've liked him since before the draft, and I think he went to the perfect spot. Hopefully the Pats/Colts wind up seeing each other more frequently, like in the old days. Enjoy the rest of the season.

24 minutes ago, GoPats said:

You are a good guy, show up even after a loss. It was a great game and you guys had me scared big time when it got to 20-17. I was like are you kidding me, because 1 more stop and you get the ball back. I have to admit I was happy when BB kicked the FG, relieved. I didn't understand it either. Mac is a good QB for a rookie, I think early on the stage was too big for him but once his nerves got settled he was on a roll in the 4th Qtr. Glad we finally beat you guys so we can maybe say this is some sort of rivalry again. You guys will beat Buffalo (you rarely lose at home against divisional opponents) so I wouldn't worry about the loss. Take care bro.

Archived