Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hooded one using Hard Knocks as scouting film...

csmopar

1 hour ago, GoPats said:

Thanks Supes. The Colts got that early lead, but it was more about the intensity that they played with while the Patriots were just flat coming out. Indy wanted it more and it showed. 

Good game all around, and a good win for the Colts. I'm glad NE at least made it interesting. Me and my 9-year-old are still trying to figure out why BB went for the FG with 9:00 left. I'm much mellower these days but I was yelling at my TV during that sequence, lol... 

Be well and have a Merry Christmas, and good luck to you guys the rest of the way. We may see ya again! 

As all of us Colts fans could tell you, no lead is safe, so we were on the edge of our seats until JT broke that last TD run.

I was thinking about it today, and for this year at least I don't think there's any doubt that the Pats have the best of all the rookie QBs drafted.

And before any Jags fans make excuses for TL, remember he was touted as the best QB to come out since Luck.  Luck took a 2-14 team to the playoffs.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

As all of us Colts fans could tell you, no lead is safe, so we were on the edge of our seats until JT broke that last TD run.

I was thinking about it today, and for this year at least I don't think there's any doubt that the Pats have the best of all the rookie QBs drafted.

And before any Jags fans make excuses for TL, remember he was touted as the best QB to come out since Luck.  Luck took a 2-14 team to the playoffs.

Luck was also in a much better situation. 

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Luck was also in a much better situation. 

Urban Meyer was a disaster, so the Colts management/coaching was much better, for sure. But there were challenges -- OL was awful, coach had cancer and missed three months, awful defense, etc. 

But Lawrence has just looked like a non factor all season. He hasn't had a single game where it's like 'yeah, this is the guy everyone was drooling over for the last three years.' He doesn't have Reggie Wayne, but their offensive personnel isn't terrible. I always thought TL was a bit overrated, but he's basically been a J-A-G all year. 

Mac Jones is in a much better situation than either of them.

I think when comparing rookie QB's, talent wise Lawrence is the best obviously but he isn't Luck. Having said that Mac Jones showed me something Saturday. I know he has BB but that dude fell down 20-0 against a hostile crowd and scored 17 straight points. I was really scared at the end because if they get a stop, Mac probably wins the game.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think when comparing rookie QB's, talent wise Lawrence is the best obviously but he isn't Luck. Having said that Mac Jones showed me something Saturday. I know he has BB but that dude fell down 20-0 against a hostile crowd and scored 17 straight points. I was really scared at the end because if they get a stop, Mac probably wins the game.

I agree with this.  Mac has tremendous composure for a rookie.  

22 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You are a good guy, show up even after a loss. It was a great game and you guys had me scared big time when it got to 20-17. I was like are you kidding me, because 1 more stop and you get the ball back. I have to admit I was happy when BB kicked the FG, relieved. I didn't understand it either. Mac is a good QB for a rookie, I think early on the stage was too big for him but once his nerves got settled he was on a roll in the 4th Qtr. Glad we finally beat you guys so we can maybe say this is some sort of rivalry again. You guys will beat Buffalo (you rarely lose at home against divisional opponents) so I wouldn't worry about the loss. Take care bro.

Ha, thanks... I've had my moments over the years but with age comes a different perspective on things. Just happy to talk football with other fans. 

The FG thing was puzzling because at that point, the game was more about possessions. I didn't think the Patriots would have time to stop Indy and get the ball back twice. The defense had settled down a bit but the Colts would only need a couple of first downs to drain the clock. In the end they just ran out of time, and I think if they had gone for the TD there, the last nine minutes of that game would have been much different. Of course, they could have failed on 4th down, but even then, it's still a 20-7 game (so still two possessions). 

Hope both teams stay in the playoff mix. Have fun the rest of the way! 

2 minutes ago, GoPats said:

Ha, thanks... I've had my moments over the years but with age comes a different perspective on things. Just happy to talk football with other fans. 

The FG thing was puzzling because at that point, the game was more about possessions. I didn't think the Patriots would have time to stop Indy and get the ball back twice. The defense had settled down a bit but the Colts would only need a couple of first downs to drain the clock. In the end they just ran out of time, and I think if they had gone for the TD there, the last nine minutes of that game would have been much different. Of course, they could have failed on 4th down, but even then, it's still a 20-7 game (so still two possessions). 

Hope both teams stay in the playoff mix. Have fun the rest of the way! 

Good luck to you too.  I play poker Monday nights with pats fans in Framingham.  let's just say last night was a lot of fun for me!

Archived