Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poor Officiating

TimetobringDfence!

We as fans have to find a way to fight back. Yes Frank ran 20 passes straight. Yes Hines muffed a punt. But we were playing g the best D of the year and our secondary was having their best game, until the Refs stepped in. A free first and goal when Prate OPIed Carrie, a free trip to the redzone when RYS played less physical than a Ramsey or Winfield and didnt impede the WRs ability to catch the ball(should have been a hold if that weak jersey grab pulled any, it didnt), and Winfield horse collared slash snagged Pittman and made him unable to high point and jump but gets a clean pick... the Refs were easily 8 to 14 point swing and forced our D to play soft because we have to play prevent when you can't play man were they flag you for being better than TB. We literally got flagged for embarrassing TB12.

The Refs suck and it is ruining the game. The problem with the officiating is, they are inconsistent and to the fans that have watched for 20, 30, 40 + years pick up on this. We aren't stupid. A novice fan or someone that watches games just for entertainment, calls people cry babies and using excuses when your team loses when complaining about the Refs. That non-call PI on Pittman was a joke but yet they call us for 2 PI's that were questionable. 

Refs have always been bad what has changed is so many camera angles showing the obvious missed calls and refs wanting to keep marquee games competitive to increase fan involvement  and give certain teams and players chances for success ,  the nfl is such a big money business that revenue drives the sport. Big market clubs will get shaded favorably,most times it will not alter outcomes but it should never alter outcomes. It isnt just the NFL we see it in college football time and again and the NBA (Dont get me started on the LeBron set of rules, it is very real we saw it again just last week). 

I agree the casual fan who doesnt quite see the economics will say it is bellyaching or conspiracy theory , the most laughable is "Don't let the game be close enough for the refs to dictate the outcome".....well first off it shouldnt be any teams requirement to win by more then a single point on an even playing field and secondly some less talented teams dont have the ability to win by a margin needed to offset the officials, takes all they have to spring the upset.

Some day the human element will be lessened with all the technology we have, we already see it more in some sports but it will never be 100% absent.

7 hours ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

We as fans have to find a way to fight back. Yes Frank ran 20 passes straight. Yes Hines muffed a punt. But we were playing g the best D of the year and our secondary was having their best game, until the Refs stepped in. A free first and goal when Prate OPIed Carrie, a free trip to the redzone when RYS played less physical than a Ramsey or Winfield and didnt impede the WRs ability to catch the ball(should have been a hold if that weak jersey grab pulled any, it didnt), and Winfield horse collared slash snagged Pittman and made him unable to high point and jump but gets a clean pick... the Refs were easily 8 to 14 point swing and forced our D to play soft because we have to play prevent when you can't play man were they flag you for being better than TB. We literally got flagged for embarrassing TB12.

Fans can fight back by hurting their revenue. 

Boycott games, especially when Brady & Belicheks teams come to town. Boycott SUNDAY TICKET, advertisers products that are associated with nfl games and teams. Don't watch nfl games on tv, etc....

They make billions of dollars on fans and the game can become cleaner with better officiating etc...or the fans will tune out.. fans can make a difference if they organize BUT THEY WON'T. 

We're as good as any AFC team and yet we're 6-6 and fighting for a wild card that we may or may not get. Last year we got the 7th seed only because they added a wild card spot because of covid. While brady & Belichek each heading for a #1 seed and a first round bye and a meeting against each other in the super bowl.

Brady vs Belichek in the superbowl,  what a story line that will be lol.

It is what it is  so enjoy what they give you or tune out. Or play fantasy or wager a few bucks and of course your favorite snacks and beverage. It is really only Entertainment and not to be taken too seriously.  

48 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Boycott games, especially when Brady & Belicheks teams come to town. Boycott SUNDAY TICKET, advertisers products that are associated with nfl games and teams. Don't watch nfl games on tv, etc....

They make billions of dollars on fans and the game can become cleaner with better officiating etc...or the fans will tune out.. fans can make a difference if they organize BUT THEY WON'T. 

We're as good as any AFC team and yet we're 6-6 and fighting for a wild card that we may or may not get. Last year we got the 7th seed only because they added a wild card spot because of covid. While brady & Belichek each heading for a #1 seed and a first round bye and a meeting against each other in the super bowl.

It is what it is  so enjoy what they give you or tune out. Or play fantasy or wager a few bucks and of course your favorite snacks and beverage. It is really only Entertainment and not to be taken too seriously.  

It's all about which stories sell the best, and what gets the most clicks... everyone blaming Frank and the D...Tampa shut the run down and Frank got a little pass happy but it was working...he could have threw 2 runs in that 22 pass stretch but not the reason we lost. The unknown entity seen our D shining and shutting down Brady and wasn't having it. The Refs psychologically killed our D... no one plays well after the refs show you your stellar play has no effect for 18 plus mins...

2 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Im considering making a bet on the SB a TB vs NE game where Brady again shows he's the GOAT. It will never get old as we have seen time and time again. I called this SB a couple weeks ago. 

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Refs suck and it is ruining the game. The problem with the officiating is, they are inconsistent and to the fans that have watched for 20, 30, 40 + years pick up on this. We aren't stupid. A novice fan or someone that watches games just for entertainment, calls people cry babies and using excuses when your team loses when complaining about the Refs. That non-call PI on Pittman was a joke but yet they call us for 2 PI's that were questionable. 

And it isn't like it is just our teams, like I have seen it happens in games where I hate both teams and still point it out. And it is blatant missed, nothing to do with replay calls. It is such a pathetic thing that the REF Union protects these terrible *

If the center's 'head bob' happens on every play, as Romo claimed, then the 'false start' called on the Raiders was the worst call of the week.

Cowboys' corner Brown should be told this week to turn around and at least look like he's playing the ball, and not the receiver.

2 hours ago, waterdog said:

If the center's 'head bob' happens on every play, as Romo claimed, then the 'false start' called on the Raiders was the worst call of the week.

Cowboys' corner Brown should be told this week to turn around and at least look like he's playing the ball, and not the receiver.

And years ago that didn't happen every play.  Why is that now days a requirement?  So the guard looks back, slaps the center, the center does the head bob, and all of that is legal movement?

6 hours ago, gspdx said:

And years ago that didn't happen every play.  Why is that now days a requirement?  So the guard looks back, slaps the center, the center does the head bob, and all of that is legal movement?

1. I don't/didn't know it was a requirement, nor that it happens 'every play', as Romo suggested...for better or worse, I believed Romo, on Thanksgiving Day.

2. I also didn't know that the guard(s) looked back, or slapped the center, prior to the 'mandatory', head bobs on every play.

It could help if the officials told all the coaches to stop all of those motions, or be flagged for them, before the start of this week's games.

I watch very few NFL games, and was watching Week 12 only because Gamepass offered the whole week, ending with Seahawks at Football Team, for 99 cents!

I listen to some games on internet radio...including Bears at Lions...before I read the emailed offer from Gamepass.

7 hours ago, gspdx said:

I remember back when Saturday was here he got flagged for the head Bob a few times early one season because it was a point of emphasis that year.   Clearly the league has relaxed its stance on it.

On 11/29/2021 at 11:35 AM, TimetobringDfence! said:

It's all about which stories sell the best, and what gets the most clicks... everyone blaming Frank and the D...Tampa shut the run down and Frank got a little pass happy but it was working...he could have threw 2 runs in that 22 pass stretch but not the reason we lost. The unknown entity seen our D shining and shutting down Brady and wasn't having it. The Refs psychologically killed our D... no one plays well after the refs show you your stellar play has no effect for 18 plus mins...

Congratulations….   You found the one poster who regularly buys into Conspiracy Theories.   He’s your best audience for this.   There are a few other who might put their toe in the conspiracy theory water….   But otherwise,  people aren’t buying what you’re selling. 

Good luck. 

8 hours ago, waterdog said:

1. I don't/didn't know it was a requirement, nor that it happens 'every play', as Romo suggested...for better or worse, I believed Romo, on Thanksgiving Day.

2. I also didn't know that the guard(s) looked back, or slapped the center, prior to the 'mandatory', head bobs on every play.

It could help if the officials told all the coaches to stop all of those motions, or be flagged for them, before the start of this week's games.

I watch very few NFL games, and was watching Week 12 only because Gamepass offered the whole week, ending with Seahawks at Football Team, for 99 cents!

I listen to some games on internet radio...including Bears at Lions...before I read the emailed offer from Gamepass.

Shouldn't have said "every play" but I do see it a lot.  I think some teams use the guard thing quite a bit. 

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Congratulations….   You found the one poster who regularly buys into Conspiracy Theories.   He’s your best audience for this.   There are a few other who might put their toe in the conspiracy theory water….   But otherwise,  people aren’t buying what you’re selling. 

Good luck. 

With me, I don't think Refs Rig games or believe in conspiracy theory's. That is going a bit overboard. Having said that I do believe the Refs have altered games for the Elite teams with Elite QB's by giving them critical borderline calls or non-calls. I have noticed this for 4 decades. This goes way back to the Montana, Elway, Marino days. Anymore when I am watching a Colts game and we are playing a top 5-7 QB in the league and make a big stop on D, I wait and see if there is a flag before I celebrate. I just expect one and that is sad because I love the sport and have been watching since the late 70's. The Refs make me very uncomfortable when I am watching the Colts. I feel like we need a big lead (like a 3 score lead 24-7 for example) to insure we won't lose against the better teams and getting a big lead against the better teams isn't happening much. We did against Buffalo and it kept it out of the Refs hands. 

When we were up 24-14 Sunday against Tom I never once felt comfortable and the Refs were 1 reason why. Pittman clearly got PI'd on Wentz's INT and it was a gigantic non-call that was a 14 point swing. We also got called for 2 PI's that kept drives alive for Tom that were very questionable. Just wanted to put my 2 Cents in.

The refs are never held responsible for the constant mistakes and mishaps they do on a weekly basis. They best you’ll get is an generic apology sent to the team that got wronged. Also don’t get me started on that dumb new taunting rule no one asked for smh.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

With me, I don't think Refs Rig games or believe in conspiracy theory's. That is going a bit overboard. Having said that I do believe the Refs have altered games for the Elite teams with Elite QB's by giving them critical borderline calls or non-calls. I have noticed this for 4 decades. This goes way back to the Montana, Elway, Marino days. Anymore when I am watching a Colts game and we are playing a top 5-7 QB in the league and make a big stop on D, I wait and see if there is a flag before I celebrate. I just expect one and that is sad because I love the sport and have been watching since the late 70's. The Refs make me very uncomfortable when I am watching the Colts. I feel like we need a big lead (like a 3 score lead 24-7 for example) to insure we won't lose against the better teams and getting a big lead against the better teams isn't happening much. We did against Buffalo and it kept it out of the Refs hands. 

When we were up 24-14 Sunday against Tom I never once felt comfortable and the Refs were 1 reason why. Pittman clearly got PI'd on Wentz's INT and it was a gigantic non-call that was a 14 point swing. We also got called for 2 PI's that kept drives alive for Tom that were very questionable. Just wanted to put my 2 Cents in.

The PI in the end zone Scotty Miller boxed out Carrie and he made a play on the ball it was such nonsense and cost the Colts 4 points in a game they lost by 7 ugh.

7 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

The PI in the end zone Scotty Miller boxed out Carrie and he made a play on the ball it was such nonsense and cost the Colts 4 points in a game they lost by 7 ugh.

The one that I keep thinking about was the non-call on Pittman where they picked it off. That was a 14 point swing, we get that call we more than likely score 7, instead they get it and score 7.

11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Good luck. 

I believe Brady get more calls in his favor than any other guy in the NFL. Does that make me a Conspiracy theorist?

20 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

I believe Brady get more calls in his favor than any other guy in the NFL. Does that make me a Conspiracy theorist?

I don’t think that one view alone would make you,  or anyone,  a Conspiracy Theorist.  

By the way, the person I pointed to freely admits he’s a CT.   He warmly embraces them and defends his views.   Hey, it’s America, believe what you want. 

As Dallas at New Orleans ended on internet radio, youtube offered a video of TJ Watt tackling Joe Burrow to the ground, one week after Cam Heyward 'accidentally' punched Justin Herbert in the stomach, or maybe groin, after Cam's arm became 'accidentally' stuck under Herbert's body.

Heyward was penalized...I'm not sure about Watt...but both of them deserved suspension.

Archived