Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 9 Around the NFL Game Discussion Thread

NFLfan

28 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

Lol, that’s Yankees fans for you. They’ve won it so many times it’s just another day for them. I’ve always held that when one of my times eventually wins a championship I will cease my b!itching about them for at least the off-season and enjoy the win. I’ve never seen any of my teams win a championship, as I was too young to care about football when the Colts won the Super Bowl. I wonder what it feels like...

Same with me. And I am a lot older, it seems. I'm a Mets fan but I was in high school when they last won. The Vikes have never won. Vikes fans are beginning to sound like how the Cubs fans used to feel. Many say, "Let the Vikings win 1 before I die."

3 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Not really titans are best in afc. Our best shot is the wildcard

We needed the Chiefs to lose today. Also need the Steelers to screw up tomorrow. 

Titans are too far away at this point. They're destroying the Rams, and strolling into the top seed in the AFC. So much for the Henry narrative. 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Same with me. And I am a lot older, it seems. I'm a Mets fan but I was in high school when they last won. The Vikes have never won. Vikes fans are beginning to sound like Cubs fans used to feel. Many say, "Let the Vikings win 1 before I die."

My grandmother is a Cubs fan. She was convinced she would die before they ever won the Series. It was great when they won, even though I’m a Reds fan and they’re our rivals. I can’t imagine being a Vikings fan, with how close they came so many times. Although I can say that I’m also a Bengals fan (my dad’s family is from Cincinnati) and it is quite the painful experience, so I can understand it to a certain extent. Some NFL teams just feel cursed, y’know?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

As am I.  I actually saw a van with a big Colts helmet on it.  I think it's the second vehicle I have seen with an emblem on it in my 7 years in the area.  Colts fans are a rare breed, me thinks.  I don't know that I have ever seen a Vikes emblem here, though, haha.

Vikings fans must travel well. When I go to other stadiums to see the Vikes, there are many Vikes fans. I saw the Vikes in NJ (against the Giants) and there were a lot of Vikes fans but not as many as in DC and Atlanta. When I saw them in Atlanta, one would have thought we were in Minnesota. It seemed like everyone was wearing purple.

Just now, Coltsman1788 said:

And everyone thought the Titans would fall off without Henry. They looking as good as ever so far tonight. 

Not everyone thought that, Henry is a big part, but a well coached team and well put together team the Titans will do what they do. Win. I sure wish we would have hired Vrabel over Reich

And everyone thought the Titans would fall off without Henry. They looking as good as ever so far tonight. 

i think it was more about tannehill not being good without henry .  he hasnt done much without him tonight the defense is shutting down the rams putting up 14 points he only led one full scoring drive .   titans are just loaded on defense with autry being the mvp of the defense

• Like 2

Stafford is looking bad tonight more than anything. People give Wentz so much hate, but Stafford has played even worse. Yet, everybody will give Stafford a free pass. He threw an even worse INT to avoid a safety (the ball would have actually been spotted at the 1). 

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Vikings fans must travel well. When I go to other stadiums to see the Vikes, there are many Vikes fans. I saw the Vikes in NJ (against the Giants) and there were a lot of Vikes fans but not as many as in DC and Atlanta. When I saw them in Atlanta, one would have thought we were in Minnesota. It seemed like everyone was wearing purple.

I wonder if a lot of them were transplants?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

We needed the Chiefs to lose today. Also need the Steelers to screw up tomorrow. 

Titans are too far away at this point. They're destroying the Rams, and strolling into the top seed in the AFC. So much for the Henry narrative. 

Simmons is going berserk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Colts1324 said:

Stafford is looking bad tonight more than anything. People give Wentz so much hate, but Stafford has played even worse. Yet, everybody will give Stafford a free pass. He threw an even worse INT to avoid a safety (the ball would have actually been spotted at the 1). 

Wentz actually needed to take the safety because of the clock. Stafford should of taken the safety there.

1 minute ago, Colts1324 said:

Titans getting pressure up the middle on him. Forcing him into mistakes. Credit to Tennessee. They are playing very good ball this season. 

2 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Simmons >> Buckner 

Buckner should be having games like this given he is paid $21 million a year. Simmons makes the entire DLINE better

It helps when other players on the line can rush the passer. Harold has 9 sacks on the year and other players have contributed to that. The colts not so much.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Simmons >> Buckner 

Buckner should be having games like this given he is paid $21 million a year. Simmons makes the entire DLINE better

Honestly it wouldn’t surprise me if Fluss just tells him to clog up the line for runs and nothing more. Obvious sarcasm. Buckner not having any sort of rush on the outsides makes it hard for him to do much. 

1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I wonder if a lot of them were transplants?

I'm not from Minnesota. When I was in college, I was bored in my dorm room. A male friend of mine from back home calls, asking what I'm doing. I tell him I'm taking a break from studies but can't find anything on TV but football. He proceeded to explain football to me. I have been hooked since.

That year the hometown Giants won the SB but I did not want to jump on the bandwagon. Lots of my schoolmates were Bills fans. I wanted to choose a team not from NY. I chose the Vikings. I liked the uniforms. I think at the time we were the only team wearing purple. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Simmons >> Buckner 

Buckner has been a disappointment so far. He is only being doubled team a league average so not even a high rate. I think something is just wrong with our pass rush scheme. Whatever they are teaching these guys to do is not working.

5 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Simmons >> Buckner 

to be fair titans have dupree autry and landry plus simons . they have 4 very good pass rushers colts have one in buckner . when buckner had bosa he was a game wrecker

• Like 1