Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 9 Around the NFL Game Discussion Thread

NFLfan

I'm rooting for:

The Vikings of course. No other NFC team. Maybe the Cardinals.

The Broncos (Still a big fan of Teddy)

The Bills (I like their team)

The Colts (no explanation needed :) )

The Steelers (I've always liked the way they run their team :peek:)

The Bengals (Underdogs)

I used to root for the Chargers when Rivers was there. They are meh  to me now.

I want to do a study on human behavior of sports fans. Fans are so prone to negativity. Instead of a team playing well, the narrative is almost always that the opponent is playing poorly.

Both teams get paid to win. It is not a surprise when some play well and others don't. Any given Sunday

Just now, NFLfan said:

I want to do a study on human behavior of sports fans. Fans are so prone to negativity. Instead of a team playing well, the narrative is almost always that the opponent is playing poorly. Both teams get paid to win. 

Until your team wins the championship, whatever sport it may be, it’s hard not to be negative about at least some things. I’ve been waiting my whole life to see some of my sports teams even win playoff games, so negativity is an inevitability in a lot of cases.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chickenMan said:

Until your team wins the championship, whatever sport it may be, it’s hard not to be negative about at least some things. I’ve been waiting my whole life to see some of my sports teams even win playoff games, so negativity is an inevitability in a lot of cases.

It's all perspective.  Is it actual negativity or is it constructive criticism?

1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I aplogize.  I just turned on the tv to see Stafford's Wentz impersonation.  My bad.

And you better believe they made that comparison two hundred times. Can’t be an NFL Sunday without crapping all over Carson Wentz.

Has anyone bothered to mention to the media outside of Indy that Wentz has been one of the best QBs in the league this year?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

Sports is a emotional thing. It can go from highs to lows in two seconds. That is what makes it entertaining. You are right. You can’t take negativity out of it.

This is the case with all fans. 

I recall one night listening to sports radio. The NY Yankees had just won the World Series. A couple of hours later, a fan calls and starts to complain about the team next year. He said something like, "They better sign so&so..."  I wondered why he could not appreciate the win. 

• Like 1

And you better believe they made that comparison two hundred times. Can’t be an NFL Sunday without crapping all over Carson Wentz.

Has anyone bothered to mention to the media outside of Indy that Wentz has been one of the best QBs in the league this year?

I  think you pointed out the issue...not many outside of Indy cares about Indy.  It's just the way it is.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

This is the case with all fans. 

I recall one night listening to sports radio. The NY Yankees had just won the World Series. A couple of hours later, a fan calls and starts to complain about the team next year. He said something like, "They better sign so&so..."  I wondered why he could not appreciate the win. 

Lol, that’s Yankees fans for you. They’ve won it so many times it’s just another day for them. I’ve always held that when one of my times eventually wins a championship I will cease my b****ing about them for at least the off-season and enjoy the win. I’ve never seen any of my teams win a championship, as I was too young to care about football when the Colts won the Super Bowl. I wonder what it feels like...

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

:) I'm well outside of Indy. 

As am I.  I actually saw a van with a big Colts helmet on it.  I think it's the second vehicle I have seen with an emblem on it in my 7 years in the area.  Colts fans are a rare breed, me thinks.  I don't know that I have ever seen a Vikes emblem here, though, haha.

2 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Not really titans are best in afc. Our best shot is the wildcard

That’s gonna be a mess and a half if so. Everyone in the AFC is a wild card contender outside of the Jags, Texans, Jets, and Dolphins. I was really hoping we would win the South this year, we haven’t won it since 2014.