Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 9 Around the NFL Game Discussion Thread

NFLfan

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

That is the way to look at sports! The Colts have a good team. Just appreciate it. 

The injuries in camp made us have a slow start or things would be so different. Now because of secondary injuries colts need the offense to be perfect and put up a ton of points. Still need a couple players but yeah we aren’t that far off. 

Just now, NFLfan said:

Vinny is great too. We can say someone is great without comparing to another. I would take either of them. 

The debate was best ever at every position , for Kicker I went with Tucker, best FG % in NFL history....and he has done it over 9 years no flash in the pan for 2-3 years that fizzles out. Some said he wont make Hall, I said of course he makes Hall its a no brainer, besides being most accurate 6 x Pro Bowler...if you needed 1 kicker in history to make a kick you choose Tucker......

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

The debate was best ever at every position , for Kicker I went with Tucker, best FG % in NFL history....and he has done it over 9 years no flash in the pan for 2-3 years that fizzles out. Some said he wont make Hall, I said of course he makes Hall its a no brainer, besides being most accurate 6 x Pro Bowler...if you needed 1 kicker in history to make a kick you choose Tucker......

First ballot HoF, I think. Vinny too. 

Just now, Wentzszn said:

Right now we have no clue who will get that one seed.it’s crazy but I am betting on ravens after that win today. They just find ways to win.

It is way too early to tell. We still have half of a season to go. 

4 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Tucker has to do it many more years to be in Vinny territory.    He is off to an amazing start though

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Tucker has to do it many more years to be in Vinny territory.    He is off to an amazing start though

For longevity BUT much more accurate kicker, Tucker is #1 all time Vinny is # 27, 27 is very good all time but #1 is #1....again if you need 1 kicker to make a kick you choose Tucker not Vinny....

23 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Vinny was great for over a decade, so I hope you aren't saying he was a flash in the pan because that is way beyond the truth. His last 2 years here he was just shot. The dude was almost 50 lmao . I'll take Vinny and his 5 FG makes at Baltimore in chilly conditions (Divisional Round 2006). Without him may have not have won that game. 5-5 and that was the only points we got and 1 of his kicks was over 50. I am talking prime Vinny. For some reason some only want to remember for his last 2 years when he was 100 years old lmao .

Just now, holeymoley99 said:

For longevity BUT much more accurate kicker, Tucker is #1 all time Vinny is # 27, 27 is very good all time but #1 is #1....again if you need 1 kicker to make a kick you choose Tucker not Vinny....

He has a lot of career left.   Let's see what his % is when he retires.   Also,  if need a game winner in a Super Bowl,   most would pick vinny

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Mike Vanderjagt was once the most accurate kicker in history.    How did that turn out?

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Vinny was great for over a decade, so I hope you aren't saying he was a flas in the pan because that is way beyond the truth. His last 2 years here he was just shot. The dude was almost 50 lmao . I'll take Vinny and his 5 FG makes at Baltimore in chilly conditions (Divisional Round 2006). Without him may have not have won that game. 5-5 and that was the only points we got and 1 of his kicks was over 50. I am talking prime Vinny. For some reason some only want to remember for his last 2 years when he was 100 years old lmao .

No not saying Vinny was a flash in the pan and yes he got the yips and it was ugly to see BUT Tucker is the best ever, numbers show it and prove it. When has Tucker ever missed a clutch kick ? Tucker has won Baltimore countless games in cold windy conditions....you think Tucker would miss kicks Vinny would make ? No evidence to back if so. I understand he is a Raven and I dont like Ravens any more than anyone else....BUT he is the best Kicker in NFL history period. 

No not saying Vinny was a flash in the pan and yes he got the yips and it was ugly to see BUT Tucker is the best ever, numbers show it and prove it. When has Tucker ever missed a clutch kick ? Tucker has won Baltimore countless games in cold windy conditions....you think Tucker would miss kicks Vinny would make ? No evidence to back if so. I understand he is a Raven and I dont like Ravens any more than anyone else....BUT he is the best Kicker in NFL history period. 

To put it into context,

Tucker has 1280 career points.  Vinny has 2673.

Tucker has a long way to go

With me it has nothing to do with him being a Raven or Vinny as a Colt, Vinny was also a Patriot. Kicking in clutch moments in the playoffs is much different than kicking in a week 8 game. 

With me it has nothing to do with him being a Raven or Vinny as a Colt, Vinny was also a Patriot. Kicking in clutch moments in the playoffs is much different than kicking in a week 8 game. 

And Tucker has zero misses career in final minute of a game...not a handful zero......and I havent even mentioned has the longest FG in NFL history to boot....

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

To put it into context,

Tucker has 1280 career points.  Vinny has 2673.

Tucker has a long way to go

And Emmitt Smith played longer then Jim Brown and isnt even close to the player he was....longevity is important if Tucker was only in league 2-3 years could say he could flame out......decade of excellence...

And Emmitt Smith played longer then Jim Brown and isnt even close to the player he was....longevity is important if Tucker was only in league 2-3 years could say he could flame out......decade of excellence...

He missed 2 kicks in the playoff loss to the Bills last postseason.     His postseason fg% is 77%.

Vinny is 10-10 in Super Bowls

• Like 1

The Smith/Brown debate is closer than you think although I would take Brown so I won't debate that. I will say this Brown fumbled a lot more than Emmitt and wasn't the pass catcher Emmitt was either so it is close. Both were great runners but Brown is the best.

3 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

If he was in that situation would do what he always has...make the kick....there is no chink in his armor saying otherwise...none

There is no evidence he would make those kicks either because kicking under pressure in a huge playoff game is a lot different. Vander was very accurate and blew a couple of easy kicks in the playoffs for us that lost the game. 

Vinny had 4 seasonsover 90% which is very good but he played 24 seasons so 20 seasons under than number......

Tucker has already had 5 seasons over 90%  and has completed 9 seasons so only 4 under....

REALLY need to let those numbers sink in and Vinny had more kicks inside then Tucker so cant say Tucker was aided by being indoor more.....

Vinny 4 out of 25...16%

Tucker 5 out of 9...55%

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

There is no evidence he would make those kicks either because kicking under pressure in a huge playoff game is a lot different. Vander was very accurate and blew a couple of easy kicks in the playoffs for us that lost the game. 

Well zero career misses under 1 minute which is pressure actually gives us more than a glimpse in most people opinions I would say.

Well zero career misses under 1 minute which is pressure actually gives us more than a glimpse in most people opinions I would say.

Playoff kicks are the ones that are remembered.     Tucker doinked 2 off the uprights in his last playoff game.     Tucker is very good,   he is a long way from getting in the HOF though

More than likely Tucker would make the majority of his clutch playoff kicks but not sure he would do what Vinny done is all I am saying. 

No one denying Vinny made clutch kicks, so has Tucker.  Tucker is know as automatic...again best % in history of the game and longest FG in history despite playing whole career outside in Baltimore.  Its not anti Vinny everyone's numbers pale in comparison to Tucker

No one denying Vinny made clutch kicks, so has Tucker.  Tucker is know as automatic...again best % in history of the game and longest FG in history despite playing whole career outside in Baltimore.  Its not anti Vinny everyone's numbers pale in comparison to Tucker

I think they are both great and would take either, I would just take prime Vinny if I had to choose someone to make a game winning to win a SB. We have actually seen it twice. I would trust Tucker though.

Adam was named first team All Pro 3 times which is amazing for a kicker.  32 kickers most wont get it once Vininie got it 3 times...

Tucker is at 4 and counting....

https://pressboxonline.com/2021/09/29/jay-feely-unquestionable-that-ravens-k-justin-tucker-

If he keeps it up for 12 or so more years he might take the crown from Vinny.  Like I said,  a long way to go

Adam was named first team All Pro 3 times which is amazing for a kicker.  32 kickers most wont get it once Vininie got it 3 times...

Tucker is at 4 and counting....

https://pressboxonline.com/2021/09/29/jay-feely-unquestionable-that-ravens-k-justin-tucker-

I am going by clutch more than anything in the playoffs. I love Peyton Manning and statistically he smokes Joe Montana but who would you rather have down by 6 with 2 minutes to go in the SB to win you the game? You are just not getting my point and seem to think kicking in a regular season game is the same as kicking in a SB or a divisional round game.