Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 9 Around the NFL Game Discussion Thread

NFLfan

ballard needs to learn from jrob how to take your team from 11-5 to elite .  jrob seeing his team as a playoff team but not a contender takes risks in julio autry dupree and that and changes the team to a contender . ballard goes 11-5  dumps his veterans and replaces them with rookies who take time to be good .  ballard lacks the killer drive to take the next step .  he is a good gm but should of set the cap so he could take the next step we need veterans .

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

Rams defense acting way too cocky. You're losing 21 to 3. 

Well that’s what happens when you have guys like Ramsey on your team. Don’t get me wrong he’s probably the best at his position, but sometimes he’s a detriment with his character.

8 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Everyone wearing a white jersey??

It looks that way, at least.

Btw, my older sister celebrated her 55th birthday last Saturday. She and her husband traveled by you. She went to Hilton Head. She loved it. She has been there a few times. 

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

ballard needs to learn from jrob how to take your team from 11-5 to elite .  jrob seeing his team as a playoff team but not a contender takes risks in julio autry dupree and that and changes the team to a contender . ballard goes 11-5  dumps his veterans and replaces them with rookies who take time to be good .  ballard lacks the killer drive to take the next step .  he is a good gm but should of set the cap so he could take the next step we need veterans .

I have to agree. This off-season, we’ll have almost all of our FA locked up for at least another year...we have built in the trenches, we have our franchise RB and franchise QB, now we need to spend in FA to bring in pass rushers, DBs, and maybe another WR. It’s time for Ballard to pull that trigger.

• Like 1

Just now, Coltsman1788 said:

Rams don’t play the Titans often so not familiar with them. It is showing. Colts looked much better against Tennessee in both games than the Rams have so far. 

If we had just been healthy, we could’ve beaten them both times.

God I hate the Titans

• Like 1

Just now, Coltsman1788 said:

Rams don’t play the Titans often so not familiar with them. It is showing. Colts looked much better against Tennessee in both games than the Rams have so far. 

Not to mention we did have a chance at beating the Rams ourselves. Donald ruined that chance for us though... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Btw, my older sister celebrated her 55th birthday last Saturday. She and her husband traveled by you. She went to Hilton Head. She loved it. She has been there a few times. 

My sister lives in Hilton Head.  Not enough beach for me and pretty expensive.  It's nice to play golf and visit, though.

Myrtle Beach is a lot less expensive but everyone and their mother is moving here (as we did years ago).  As of late last year we were the 2nd fastest growing county in the nation.  It's crazy...  A lot of people from the northeast relocate here for retirement.  I think the same for Hilton Head as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chickenMan said:

If we had just been healthy, we could’ve beaten them both times.

God I hate the Titans

No one is healthy at this point. Good teams find a way. Look at what Titans are doing tonight without Henry their main weapon. They also did not have both AJ Brown and Julio Jones available at the same time for any of their two wins against the Colts.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

I have to agree. This off-season, we’ll have almost all of our FA locked up for at least another year...we have built in the trenches, we have our franchise RB and franchise QB, now we need to spend in FA to bring in pass rushers, DBs, and maybe another WR. It’s time for Ballard to pull that trigger.

Not sure that pass rusher wouldn't be squandered by Flus and his scheme.  It's time for a change.  Offense is close, D has a long way to go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

No one is healthy at this point. Good teams find a way. Look at what Titans are doing tonight without Henry their main weapon. They also did not have both AJ Brown and Julio Jones available at the same time for any of their two wins against the Colts.  

All the Titans need against us is AJ Brown.. he could take on our whole Secondary and still catch the ball without a defender near him

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

My sister lives in Hilton Head.  Not enough beach for me and pretty expensive.  It's nice to play golf and visit, though.

Myrtle Beach is a lot less expensive but everyone and their mother is moving here (as we did years ago).  As of late last year we were the 2nd fastest growing county in the nation.  It's crazy...  A lot of people from the northeast relocate here for retirement.  I think the same for Hilton Head as well.

I have been to Myrtle Beach. It is nice. I enjoyed it. The day I returned to NY, I was meeting a friend at the US Open (Tennis). I think I dropped my bags at home and left to meet my friend. I was dressed for Myrtle Beach, not for evening/night in the stands to watch tennis. I was so cold. haha

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Not sure that pass rusher wouldn't be squandered by Flus and his scheme.  It's time for a change.  Offense is close, D has a long way to go.

Problem with Colts defense is the scheme. Our coverage zone is played too soft. Ballard and Flus are married to it. They won’t change.  However if they insist on playing it then it needs to be a sticky zone meaning that corners stick to receivers like they are playing man once they enter their zone.  That’s how the Jags were playing today against Buffalo. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Problem with Colts defense is the scheme. Our coverage zone is played too soft. Ballard and Flus are married to it. They won’t change.  However if they insist on playing it then it needs to be a sticky zone meaning that corners stick to receivers like they are playing man once they enter their zone.  That’s how the Jags were playing today against Buffalo. 

Lots of teams play zone. Eberflus just isn’t scheming it well.  Punt would of been bad too.