Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 9 Around the NFL Game Discussion Thread

NFLfan

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am going by clutch more than anything in the playoffs. I love Peyton Manning and statistically he smokes Joe Montana but who would you rather have down by 6 with 2 minutes to go in the SB to win you the game? You are just not getting my point and seem to think kicking in a regular season game is the same as kicking in a SB or a divisional round game. 

Tucker is the best

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am going by clutch more than anything in the playoffs. I love Peyton Manning and statistically he smokes Joe Montana but who would you rather have down by 6 with 2 minutes to go in the SB to win you the game? You are just not getting my point and seem to think kicking in a regular season game is the same as kicking in a SB or a divisional round game. 

Tucker is Mr Clutch though which is kinda my point as well...going into last season 11 of 12 career in playoffs its not like Tucker chokes in those moments, that goes along with NEVER missing a fg with 1 minute or left in a game. 

5 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Again already ahead of him in most every category based on skill....All Pro, seasons over 90% etc...longest...and in half the time

Points, game winning playoff kicks.   Vinny is a sure fire hall of fame.  Tucker has a long way to go

Tucker would go in if he never played another snap...we havent even really talked about the difference in long distance kicks overall

Vinnie only made 45 fg 50 or longer in his career  45 of 72...

Tucker has already made 45 of them in half the time... 45 of 63

Tucker would have to make none the rest of his career and miss 9 in a row to match Vinny

The more numbers that are presented the bigger the difference becomes honestly.....

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

Tucker would go in if he never played another snap...we havent even really talked about the difference in long distance kicks overall

Tucker would have to make none the rest of his career and miss 9 in a row to match Vinny

The more numbers that are presented the bigger the difference becomes honestly.....

No way he goes in if he retired today.    Not close

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

In order for Tucker to get into the Hall he has to do this for at least 5 more years.

7 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

No way he goes in if he retired today.    Not close

Disagree, longest fg in NFL History, Most accurate fg% in NFL history and 2nd most times All Pro in NFL history (1 behind Anderson who is in ).   And played more games than many players in the hall already ( 60 is fewest games in the hall by the way) Tucker is at 151 games played

9 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Disagree, longest fg in NFL History, Most accurate fg% in NFL history and 2nd most times All Pro in NFL history (1 behind Anderson who is in ).   And played more games than many players in the hall already ( 60 is fewest games in the hall by the way) Tucker is at 151 games played

There are 2 true kickers in the HOF.  Vinny will be the next.   Tucker isn't on the top 20 points list yet.    If he retired tomorrow, he isn't in.    

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

There are 2 true kickers in the HOF.  Vinny will be the next.   Tucker isn't on the top 20 points list yet.    If he retired tomorrow, isn't in.    

Wrong he has the accolades and would you could bet the house on it.....again Jan is in.....numbers between those two even bigger than Tucker vs Vinny....

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

Wrong he has the accolades and would you could bet the house on it.....again Jan is in.....numbers between those two even bigger than Tucker vs Vinny....

No,  Jan has more points than Tucker.  Kickers who play for 10 years don't get in the Hall.

2 of these guys are in the Hall.   Vinny is next.   

http://www.espn.com/nfl/history/leaders/_/stat/points

Jan  373 fg made

Tucker 336

Jan 66.8%

Tucker 90.8%

Jan 1 All Pro season

Tucker 4 All Pro seasons

Jan 17/64     50 yards or longer  26.5%

Tucker 45/63    50 yards or longer  71.4 %

They do when they raise the bar and are best at position by so much.......those are all true numbers.....didnt want to do that to Jan but was forced......

6 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Jan  373 fg made

Tucker 336

Jan 66.8%

Tucker 90.8%

Jan 1 All Pro season

Tucker 4 All Pro seasons

Jan 17/64     50 yards or longer  26.5%

Tucker 45/63    50 yards or longer  71.4 %

They do when they raise the bar and are best at position by so much.......those are all true numbers.....didnt want to do that to Jan but was forced......

Jan was a 4 time all pro.  And has a ring.   

3 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Sure Gore played longer 

and Joe Namath brought the guarantee and got in that way.....

Jan changed the game.   Also after some digging Jan was a 6 time all pro.  4 firsts and 2 seconds.     There were more than one all pro team back then. 

Anyway,   Tucker and every soccer style kicker before him have Jan to thank

4 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

But Tuckers numbers dwarf Jan, they arent even in same discussion...one is most accurate ever other...umm not so much...one had a huge leg other has dismal stats over 50

He did it for 20 years.     Kickers have to have long great careers to get in.    Vinny is universally considered the most clutch kicker all time.    He did it for 24 years.    Tucker needs a lot more years to get in.    The history of the position says so

Just now, RollerColt said:

… so anyway how about that Chiefs Packers game?

Not much to talk about.   The Packers stink without Rodgers.   I'm not surprised 

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He did it for 20 years.     Kickers have to have long great careers to get in.    Vinny is universally considered the most clutch kicker all time.    He did it for 24 years.    Tucker needs a lot more years to get in.    The history of the position says so

Not much to talk about.   The Packers stink without Rodgers.   I'm not surprised 

So much for Love being the savior.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

Can we talk about how bad Mahomes has been this game. GB would of win this game with Rodgers.

He was terrible but Love was worse lol

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Anyone else rooting against the Rams? I do not want them winning the whole thing. I like Stafford, Whitworth, and Donald but I don't like the Rams. They are becoming the Cowboys and Pats. 

I like Peterson but cant root for the Titans

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Anyone else rooting against the Rams? I do not want them winning the whole thing. I like Stafford, Whitworth, and Donald but I don't like the Rams. They are becoming the Cowboys and Pats. 

I gotta root for the Rams and against the Titans.

Tannehill interception!!!!

• Like 1

Autry. Ugh. Really wish we would have kept him. 

If the Colts aren’t going to win it, then I want the Packers or Rams to win it. Overly sick of the Chiefs and Bucs. No one else but the Packers and Rams have a chance to beat them imo. 

Ravens have got lucky a lot, and if I’m being honest, I’m sick of Jackson and Harbaugh too. 

2 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

If the Colts aren’t going to win it, then I want the Packers or Rams to win it. Overly sick of the Chiefs and Bucs. No one else but the Packers and Rams have a chance to beat them imo. 

Ravens have got lucky a lot, and if I’m being honest, I’m sick of Jackson and Harbaugh too. 

I love Harbaugh. I wish the Vikes would trade for him. Lol. 

Why are "tired" of him?

2 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Wouldn't mind the Cards as well.

• Like 1