Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chiefs “looking into” Mack

Indyfan4life

6 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I guess they didn't run it because they knew they couldn't run it against us.  And they were right.  So much for their record.  Didn't bother trying I guess?  With all of those RB's teams are calling about.  It looks they are just ordinary RB's.  I expect other teams to follow our blueprint.  A game we should have won with a healthy kicker.  Other teams have better secondaries than what we were forced to put on the field.  Stop the run and your odds improve.  We did and almost pulled it off. 

Even the commentators early talked about how we were playing a S up and running a lot of 8 mean boxes. They also mentioned we did well against them early in the game last year... Last year, Baltimore's O didn't score at all until after the 1st half.

Our problem yesterday wasn't really the health of our secondary IMO. Not saying it wasn't an impact. What killed us was two things. First, Reich took his foot off the pedal on the offensive side of the ball mid way through the 3rd as soon as we got up 22-3. Second, we went prevent defense, which was even softer and begged even more for passing.

SB had an article talking about Reich taking the foot off the gas too early, and basically not recognizing the fact he had a hurt kicker and injured secondary (and should have stayed with the O game plan longer).

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

Hines brings the APB and STs attributes. Mack is more a pure RB.

Just different types of players.

I have no desire to deal Mack as I think he's a great 1-2 with JT. But Hines is a great APB to mix in. I do agree we probably overpaid though.

If we are going to deal him, I wouldn't take less than a 5th. A 6th or 7th to me just isn't worth letting him go. Not sure we could get a 5th though. I'd take a decent MIKE LB though.

Hines reminds me of Tarik Cohen but not as good. 

50 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Even the commentators early talked about how we were playing a S up and running a lot of 8 mean boxes. They also mentioned we did well against them early in the game last year... Last year, Baltimore's O didn't score at all until after the 1st half.

Our problem yesterday wasn't really the health of our secondary IMO. Not saying it wasn't an impact. What killed us was two things. First, Reich took his foot off the pedal on the offensive side of the ball mid way through the 3rd as soon as we got up 22-3. Second, we went prevent defense, which was even softer and begged even more for passing.

SB had an article talking about Reich taking the foot off the gas too early, and basically not recognizing the fact he had a hurt kicker and injured secondary (and should have stayed with the O game plan longer).

don't forget they instantly threw a TD over chesely right after Rodgers (34) went out. Sorry if I spelled Ches name wrong. 

22 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Hines reminds me of Tarik Cohen but not as good. 

don't forget they instantly threw a TD over chesely right after Rodgers (34) went out. Sorry if I spelled Ches name wrong. 

Which TD are you talking about? The 43 yarder when we were up 22-3 was Brown vs BoPete, It was a horrible D call IMO putting Keyes on an island with Brown. Pretty sure we were in C3. 

9 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Do the chiefs have a player that could help us? 

Two players from the Chiefs who would add depth and be capable starters are:

FS Juan Thornhill

DT Khalen Saunders

To me the Colts don't really have a solid backup option behind Blackmon and too many of our DBs contracts are expiring after this season.  Same goes with our backup DL and Saunders would give us a year extension same as Thornhill as both are 2023 UFAs.

17 minutes ago, OhioColt said:

Two players from the Chiefs who would add depth and be capable starters are:

FS Juan Thornhill

DT Khalen Saunders

To me the Colts don't really have a solid backup option behind Blackmon and too many of our DBs contracts are expiring after this season.  Same goes with our backup DL and Saunders would give us a year extension same as Thornhill as both are 2023 UFAs.

Thornhill brings a lot of flexibility too. Could play some corner too. 

9 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Send us a corner, homies. Paying Hines 6 million a year to return punts is getting a bit ridiculous. Especially when he’s not even very good at it. 

They’ve got guys playing corner for us right now that couldn’t stop my grandma from snagging passes out there. 

She’s been dead since 2010, for those keeping score at home. 

Well That covered just about everything.

UREKA!  Problem solved.

On SiriusXM’s Moving The Chains, Pat Kirwin advocated that trading Mack has to be for a player and he tossed out Tardif’s name.  If I recall correctly, Jim Miller said he’s not so sure you want to trade Mack at all at this point.

Unrelated, both Miller & Kirwin said they’re really impressed by the Colts, that they’ve been decimated by injuries, but despite that and the 1-4 record, they think they’ll still be in the mix for the AFC South title.

28 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

On SiriusXM’s Moving The Chains, Pat Kirwin advocated that trading Mack has to be for a player and he tossed out Tardif’s name.  If I recall correctly, Jim Miller said he’s not so sure you want to trade Mack at all at this point.

Unrelated, both Miller & Kirwin said they’re really impressed by the Colts, that they’ve been decimated by injuries, but despite that and the 1-4 record, they think they’ll still be in the mix for the AFC South title.

Wouldn't be really interested in Duvernay-Tardif. 

I'm sure they'd love to unload him. He's basically their backup RG that they restructured already to push money out. He's played T before, but I'm guessing after he opted out, he's not really ready for T if he can't start at RG.

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

After looking at their depth chart, doubt they give up Thornhill or Saunders. 

I'd take either of their backup Ts. Remmers, Wylie, or Wanogho

Probably be very low odds but still wouldn't hurt to deal-no-deal offer

18 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Which TD are you talking about? The 43 yarder when we were up 22-3 was Brown vs BoPete, It was a horrible D call IMO putting Keyes on an island with Brown. Pretty sure we were in C3. 

The one where he stumbled, even though the receiver didn't even put that good of a move on him. 

I think you're right. it was keyes. 33 I think. 

4 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

The one where he stumbled, even though the receiver didn't even put that good of a move on him. 

I think you're right. it was keyes. 33 I think. 

Yup, just a bad call though IMO from Flus. That call looked like C3 with Keyes one on one with Brown, and a ton of cushion to start. And with Odum minding the store deep middle.... What could go wrong lol. 

49 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Yup, just a bad call though IMO from Flus. That call looked like C3 with Keyes one on one with Brown, and a ton of cushion to start. And with Odum minding the store deep middle.... What could go wrong lol. 

yeah i don't think we should ever put odum in a deep middle third again. I have come out in support of him before, but I think he plays much better in the middle area of the field(10-15 yards), or in a deep half. I don't think he has the speed to get sideline to sideline from the deep middle third. 

35 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

yeah i don't think we should ever put odum in a deep middle third again. I have come out in support of him before, but I think he plays much better in the middle area of the field(10-15 yards), or in a deep half. I don't think he has the speed to get sideline to sideline from the deep middle third. 

Yup, he was an underneath guy in college. Played nickel and star IIRC. 

Never quite understood his use at FS. 

He was a bit of an enigma in the draft. Good 40 and agility scores, but doesn't look fast sideline to sideline. Looks decent down hill though, which is why he's good on STs. Just can't understand the him being depth FS, then to SS, then back to FS... 

Another reason why I really wished we'd kept Chachere. IMO, the staff totally sheeted the bed on S depth this year. Glad we picked up Sendejo though. Really really wish we would have just kept Hooker on the cheap. 

On 10/13/2021 at 12:30 AM, rockywoj said:

Just read up on Tardif.  The guy is really a doctor.  Maybe he could help with injuries on the field.  lol.  

Seriously though, how impressive is that.  Med school while playing college ball.  He's now a favorite of mine.

1 hour ago, shasta519 said:

Not sure if they even trade him now. I suppose they could just be showcasing him, but right now, Hines isn’t getting touches anymore and Wilkins is hurt. Seems like they could use the depth.

They are definitely trying to showcase mack. Hines touches will go back up once he is traded or the trade deadline passed. I am ok with it as long as Mack isn’t hurting the team and he is doing his job. Mack looked great Monday night. I thought he was going to get a TD in JT fashion on one of those runs. 

On 10/13/2021 at 12:21 AM, EastStreet said:

After looking at their depth chart, doubt they give up Thornhill or Saunders. 

I'd take either of their backup Ts. Remmers, Wylie, or Wanogho

Yeah, it is a pipe dream to get a 2nd round pick in Thornhill. He was injured 1 season and when healthy, is a good contributor to their team. After seeing their other safety Sorensen whiff on TEs all the time, I am certain Thornhill will see more playing time. Saunders, we have plenty of 2nd rounders that haven't lived up to the bill, I am afraid we will add to the DL list with Saunders since he has not cracked their rotation much, even with their lack of pass rush issues even with Chris Jones and Frank Clark in the line up.

1 hour ago, PRnum1 said:

If both teams made the playoffs they would be on our schedule.

Then it would be a "Mack" truck revenge game running over our defens

I wouldnt be too worried about that if it were up to me, i would prefer a player over a pick though.  Im not a fan of trading for future picks in general since we dont know where they will land.  KC could finish high in the standings too

49 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

They are definitely trying to showcase mack. Hines touches will go back up once he is traded or the trade deadline passed. I am ok with it as long as Mack isn’t hurting the team and he is doing his job. Mack looked great Monday night. I thought he was going to get a TD in JT fashion on one of those runs. 

If they are showcasing their backup early down RB for a trade, then that says a lot about their approach in these games.

8 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

If they are showcasing their backup early down RB for a trade, then that says a lot about their approach in these games.

They didn’t showcase him. Bad words on my part  It’s still JT show. But giving Mack a few carries to help him find a new team is fine. As long as he is helping the team win. It’s hurting Hines carries a bit.

16 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

They didn’t showcase him. Bad words on my part  It’s still JT show. But giving Mack a few carries to help him find a new team is fine. As long as he is helping the team win. It’s hurting Hines carries a bit.

I think Hines will get plenty once they get a trade done. Teams can see Mack is healthy now.  Hence the KC interest.  More should come as the deadline gets closer.

3 hours ago, shasta519 said:

Not sure if they even trade him now. I suppose they could just be showcasing him, but right now, Hines isn’t getting touches anymore and Wilkins is hurt. Seems like they could use the depth.

I agree...we would be fools to trade MM. If JT gets injured we would be sol.

5 hours ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, it is a pipe dream to get a 2nd round pick in Thornhill. He was injured 1 season and when healthy, is a good contributor to their team. After seeing their other safety Sorensen whiff on TEs all the time, I am certain Thornhill will see more playing time. Saunders, we have plenty of 2nd rounders that haven't lived up to the bill, I am afraid we will add to the DL list with Saunders since he has not cracked their rotation much, even with their lack of pass rush issues even with Chris Jones and Frank Clark in the line up.

Yup. I'm only really liking the OT chances in terms of what they might be open to trading. PTW (3rd string LT) is a project type guy I liked in the draft. Not saying I think he's a sure thing, but has traits I'd be willing to be patient with a bit. Highly doubt they'd be willing to deal the others. 

Archived