Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Season Opener: Seahawks @ Colts, September 12, 2021, 1pm ET

NFLfan

11 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Wentz wasn’t whining about not being considered top tier. He brought this scrutiny on himself.

And I didn’t say anything about him on that TS play. I blamed him, the captain, for his players making boneheaded plays like letting a top WR blow past you twice. Especially when he tours his defense as being top rate, which they are not.

He can only do so much, our secondary isn't good, you knew that coming in but having said that we gave up some easy long balls. I don't blame that on Leonard. Leonard is a great player but that is my opinion. I didn't think he played badly today, he forced a fumble and had at least 4 or 5 tackles that I remember. It wasn't like Russ was carving us up on short passes that he could defend, the long ball killed us twice.

I’m not terribly upset about this game. So long as we learn. Defense has got to get better in first halves. This has been a trend all too often. O line was atrocious and the most glaringly bad unit out there. Wentz was pretty good. Not amazing but I still think a step up from Rivers. RBs we’re not bad but they didn’t get much support.

• Like 1

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

I’m not terribly upset about this game. So long as we learn. Defense has got to get better in first halves. This has been a trend all too often. O line was atrocious and the most glaringly bad unit out there. Wentz was pretty good. Not amazing but I still think a step up from Rivers. RBs we’re not bad but they didn’t get much support.

Wentz was good today, so just imagine how he could play with an actual OL

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He can only do so much, our secondary isn't good, you knew that coming in but having said that we gave up some easy long balls. I don't blame that on Leonard. Leonard is a great player but that is my opinion. I didn't think he played badly today, he forced a fumble and had at least 4 or 5 tackles that I remember. It wasn't like Russ was carving us up on short passes that he could defend, the long ball killed us twice.

Shark Tank Mark GIF by ABC Network

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Last I saw he had 5 tackles l, but he had that forced fumble. Puts more of a shine on it. Let’s see how he rallies the defense for next week. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

You take the points, close the gap, and inspire your fans and players.

You step on your xxxx, you totally kill the vibe of everyone.

just from a risk calc perspective, your OL risk is too high.

We will have to agree to disagree, I would've went for it. Seattle is just to lethal with Russ back there. We kick a FG, we are still down 21-13 so it is a long shot to win anyway. On that play Hines was wide open, Wentz didn't execute it.

1 minute ago, chickenMan said:

Someone might wanna check the heads of our right OL. Thought we were playing Kelly, Glow, and Smith today, not three cardboard boxes. Davenport, surprisingly, looked not atrocious today

daven port gave up 2 sacks and a bunch of QB hits along with forcing bad throws all game . he was abused .

Just now, coming on strong said:

daven port gave up 2 sacks and a bunch of QB hits along with forcing bad throws all game . he was abused .

Must have missed it, to be fair I was busy watching Braden Smith get killed the whole game. When someone like Smith is playing poorly it helps to cover up guys like Davenport.

• Like 1

takeaways:

- Wentz looked good, like his mobility and performance after missing most of training camp.

- Offensive Line was terrible. Davenport sucks but that was to be expected, Smith and Kellys performance after getting paid was just pathetic. 

- Frank Reich wth? Could've been Chuck Pagano out there. 

- CB and OT are high priority in next years draft. 

2 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Last I saw he had 5 tackles l, but he had that forced fumble. Puts more of a shine on it. Let’s see how he rallies the defense for next week. 

It is good to vent on players, I wasn't happy about the TE scoring so easily either but I doubt many LB's make that play. Russ fooled everyone but that is Russ.

1 minute ago, ColtsUrUs said:

The Colts need to throw Davenport in the trash and don’t look back. Dude is complete trash. They were handicap because of him today. The TE and RB having to chip him every play. :wall:

Might want to ask Braden Smith for some money back after his awful performance as well

3 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

Someone might wanna check the heads of our right OL. Thought we were playing Kelly, Glow, and Smith today, not three cardboard boxes. Davenport, surprisingly, looked not atrocious today

You didn’t watch the game if you’re saying that. Dude needed help all game from the TE and RB.