Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cuts from other teams worth signing for Colts

BProland85

21 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

Do you think if you waive TY at this time and resign him when he clears waiver, we can get more players in the 53 roster? I think that it might work? The risk of some other team to pick him up is HUGE since he is 31 and is considering retirement after this year.

TY’s contract is almost fully guaranteed.   I think the number is $8 mill.   Cutting him does nothing.    There’s nothing to gain.  

If we’re concerned about his injury, he can go on the PUP and miss the first six games. 

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

If he got waived after the investment that the Titans had in him that tells me that he REALLY bombed!!

That or they're assuming they'll be able to get him to the PS.

12 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

He mentioned Indy earlier this year as a place he’d like to play.

He definitely fits the TY mold from a play style, but I'm not sure if he's worth bringing in at this point.

56 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

He mentioned Indy earlier this year as a place he’d like to play.

Yeah, I don't remember who I got in the debate with, but someone here wanted this dude signed instead of re-signing TY.

In other news, the Ravens cut Deon Cain, he is available :D

1 minute ago, Colt.45 said:

Yeah, I don't remember who I got in the debate with, but someone here wanted this dude signed instead of re-signing TY.

In other news, the Ravens cut Deon Cain, he is available :D

I’ll pass on Cain he couldn’t make it on one of the weakest WR crops in the NFL.

A few DB's released that am hoping the Colts might try to pursue are Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Karl Joseph, and Nickell Robey-Coleman.  Some other names might be of interest are OT Tyrell Crosby, LB Josh Bynes, and DE Christian Miller.  Did see where we brought in LT Roderick Johnson and was high on him during the off-season thinking he might compete and be a capable starter.

14 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Fountain made the chiefs roster. I am so happy for him.

Good for him.  I wish him well.

He has made almost $2 million so far in his career.   Pretty good for a guy with career stats of 2 catches for 23 yards.

I do not see any Cuts/Waivers that interest me.

We are predicted.  by some to win the division.  11-6. 12-5.  Adding a player cut from a team that is not playoff contender... Uneasy feeling there.

Now from playoff contenders.  I just dont see people that move the needle for me.

Id more like to get Gilmore from New England at DB - even giving up somebody and a draft pick maybe. 

With us being a playoff team last year the management drafted properly.  Paye and Odeyingbo are finds and will be terrors in years to come and playing along with Leonard, Buckner et al.  You dont change that MO.  

Just my opinion. 

31 minutes ago, Myles said:

He has made almost $2 million so far in his career.   Pretty good for a guy with career stats of 2 catches for 23 yards.

I was looking at stats for the 3 chiefs preseason games and Fountain was really good. He had 3 really good preseason games. One he led them in receiving.

40 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Fountain, Rogers, and Marcus Johnson all made a roster.

Poor Deon Cain... hurt again in pre-season. Ravens would like to have him on the PS though

Sucks for Cain.  

So far in his career, he has made $1.2 million in 3 seasons with the Colts and 3 seasons with the Steelers.

10 hours ago, OhioColt said:

A few DB's released that am hoping the Colts might try to pursue are Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Karl Joseph, and Nickell Robey-Coleman.  Some other names might be of interest are OT Tyrell Crosby, LB Josh Bynes, and DE Christian Miller.  Did see where we brought in LT Roderick Johnson and was high on him during the off-season thinking he might compete and be a capable starter.

Wasn’t Ha Ha in  for a workout and the team passed on him

The Bills cut a TE Jacob Hollister who they thought was going to be their answer at that group.  They only have two now.  They were in earlier discussions to trade for Ertz.  Ertz would be a fantastic addition for them and for us a well.  The only way either team gets him is by trade now.  If the Bills get him I would pick them over KC in the AFC.  Same goes for us if we make the move which of course is not likely.

23 hours ago, NorthernColt said:

I think it probably does forsure. His role would be back up QB, you need that person to be reliable. Imagine Jones can't go late in the week, Cam's your back up, pops positive your covid. 

Surely not the only factor, but a factor for sure.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32125638/new-england-patriots-coach-bill-belichick-says-cam-newton-vaccination-status-had-no-factor-release

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

lol you believe that? Its coach speak. See whats happening with Urban Meyer right now?! Thats exactly why they won't say it does. I don't understand why you think its so inconceivable to think it does factor in. 

3 minutes ago, NorthernColt said:

lol you believe that? Its coach speak. See whats happening with Urban Meyer right now?! Thats exactly why they won't say it does. I don't understand why you think its so inconceivable to think it does factor in. 

Knowing BB's and RK's politics, yes, I believe BB.

BTW, BB lost an assistant coach due to the vax issue, and he was supportive.

Just now, EastStreet said:

Knowing BB's and RK's politics, yes, I believe BB.

BTW, BB lost an assistant coach due to the vax issue, and he was supportive.

Again I think we'll probably agree to disagree, no interest in derailing this thread on something so trivial. 

4pm deadline is when they're announcing the waiver claims, correct?

I'm expecting 2, that would be my guess.

On 8/30/2021 at 11:47 PM, John Waylon said:

I doubt we’ll see very many, if even any at all. Teams aren’t releasing quality veterans from their roster for no reason in the move to get down to 53. 

Exactly. Players cut,released and free agency are there for a reason. More times than not they are just "guys", stop gaps,temporary fixes,fools good. You might get lucky and tap into something special , but I would not bank on it.

4 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Not looking good for Tell.

Keyes definitely fits from a size and length perspective.

From an ArrowheadPride article:

Keyes is a long, athletic cornerback that possesses fantastic ball skills. He’s very raw and lacks some of the instincts he’ll need to get on the field for Steve Spagnuolo, but the overall profile is a slam dunk at this point in the draft. Spagnuolo has now added a lot of length and ball skills in his developmental cornerbacks, knowing that he’s got his starters. I won’t be surprised if one of Keyes or L’Jarius Sneed end up as a future starter for this Chiefs team. I would have given an ‘A’ grade to this pick in the fourth round, so this is outstanding value.

Wilcox is a size/weight/speed guy that is otherwise raw and apparently has a high-cut body (long legs) which makes his transitions while in coverage pretty clunky. I can see the value in Keyes, but not so much in Wilcox.

3 hours ago, Myles said:

If they let me play and paid me 1 mil per catch i would still have zero mil.

5 minutes ago, Shive said:

Keyes definitely fits from a size and length perspective.

From an ArrowheadPride article:

Keyes is a long, athletic cornerback that possesses fantastic ball skills. He’s very raw and lacks some of the instincts he’ll need to get on the field for Steve Spagnuolo, but the overall profile is a slam dunk at this point in the draft. Spagnuolo has now added a lot of length and ball skills in his developmental cornerbacks, knowing that he’s got his starters. I won’t be surprised if one of Keyes or L’Jarius Sneed end up as a future starter for this Chiefs team. I would have given an ‘A’ grade to this pick in the fourth round, so this is outstanding value.

Wilcox is a size/weight/speed guy that is otherwise raw and apparently has a high-cut body (long legs) which makes his transitions while in coverage pretty clunky. I can see the value in Keyes, but not so much in Wilcox.

I am impressed with both

Archived