Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Preseason Game #2: Colts at Vikings, Saturday, Aug. 21st, 8pm ET


NFLfan
 Share

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Interesting. Maybe a test for the WR.

 

 

 

I expected to see some rubs/picks with MN playing man so much. Didn't happen, which is why I've been critical of the game plan. That along with too much short stuff vs tight coverage. I would have preferred ISO stuff to the bigger guys on the sideline too, instead of smaller guys. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, EastStreet said:

 

I expected to see some rubs/picks with MN playing man so much. Didn't happen, which is why I've been critical of the game plan. That along with too much short stuff vs tight coverage. I would have preferred ISO stuff to the bigger guys on the sideline too, instead of smaller guys. 

I don’t worry in the preseason. His tweet might be right. Maybe they wanted to see what the young WR could do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I think we reached a point where both OL & QB hurt each other and the offense overall, especially when playing against winning teams or good defenses. 

 

Cousins has ONLY ONE win each season against teams finishing that season with winning records in 2018, 2019 and 2020. He'd rack up stats against equally bad or worse teams or once the game is out of hand against Good teams. 

 

Tired of everything by now, will be same story this season. 

 

Good luck with Wentz, would like to see him healthy and see if he can recreate the magic of 2017 season he had with Frank Reich. I loved his play that year and all those games until he over-eagerly went for a end zone rush and Tore his ACL. He has not been the same ever since, maybe this year. 

I just think MN's OL has been so bad for a while, I just can't help but have low expectations of Cousins lol... MN was bottom 5ish in OL ranks last season, and bottom 5ish in the ranks coming into this season. Really need guys like Darrisaw and Jones to come on.

 

If I had to predict, I would say Cousins actually has a pretty decent season this year. And to be totally honest, he hasn't been awful stat-wise the last two seasons. Good completion rate, not a bad INT%. Decent QBR. An improved OL would give him a nice boost IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, w87r said:

Ehlinger also has 3 ints in 3+ quarters of action. 

 

Okay. That also shows that he is not afraid to throw the football. Many QBs have few INTs but they are gunshy and only make safe plays. It is preseason. Let the kid make mistakes now. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

They are looking for things that mean more to the regular season.     In the peyton days we would go 0-4 in the preseason regularly 

Well, if throwing short over and over against shallow man coverage, is something you want to do during the regular season, then maybe lol... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Blindside said:

imo Eason is the wrong offense.  He is a west coast QB trying to fit in here and I am just not

sure I see it.  He tries to play way above his talent level.  I feel he will be a journeyman in 

the nfl. I hope Im wrong because I am pulling for the guy but sometimes this what you get when

you draft on potential.

So you are saying a west coast QB wouldn't fit a Frank Reich offense?  Ok?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Blindside said:

 

Not sure that bodes well for him tbh. If he really is the future #2, You dont play him

in the last few minutes of garbage time in a preseason game. I feel Ehlinger may

have done enough against the ones to make it a draw this game.  I could be wrong

but why play Eason if he had done enough. 

 

To give him more reps in a real game other than practice . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

 

  I would think Sam would be safe on the practice squad now.

With the Maniac our D will be very good. 

  We can all look forward to our best players on the field.

I saw someone mention how maybe that’s why they started him. To make a decision to keep 3 QB or if they would be able to get him on the PS. They would probably rather keep that 3rd QB on the PS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Blindside said:

 

Not sure that bodes well for him tbh. If he really is the future #2, You dont play him

in the last few minutes of garbage time in a preseason game. I feel Ehlinger may

have done enough against the ones to make it a draw this game.  I could be wrong

but why play Eason if he had done enough. 

Lmao.  This has to be pure trolling at this point.  That's absurd that anyone would think THIS game is where Ehlinger has pulled ahead of Eason....lmao

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I just think MN's OL has been so bad for a while, I just can't help but have low expectations of Cousins lol... MN was bottom 5ish in OL ranks last season, and bottom 5ish in the ranks coming into this season. Really need guys like Darrisaw and Jones to come on.

 

If I had to predict, I would say Cousins actually has a pretty decent season this year. And to be totally honest, he hasn't been awful stat-wise the last two seasons. Good completion rate, not a bad INT%. Decent QBR. An improved OL would give him a nice boost IMO.

 

Watch him play week in and week out. Your mind will change. Case Keenum played so much better and the OL was not that much better. Kirk gives outsiders the appearance that he is doing well because his INTs are low. It is because he plays safe football. Even in preseason he is playing safe. Throw the ball down the field, Kirk and test your receivers.

 

We will never win with Cousins at QB. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

 

Watch him play week in and week out. Your mind will change. Case Keenum played so much better and the OL was not that much better. Kirk gives outsiders the appearance that he is doing well because his INTs are low. It is because he plays safe football. Even in preseason he is playing safe. Throw the ball down the field, Kirk and test your receivers.

 

We will never win with Cousins at QB. 

This is Kirk after that post Captain Kirk Drinking GIF by Star Trek- aren't you guys stuck with him for a while because of his contract?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Nelson56 said:

Thanks man.  I've been on the edge of my seat wondering what Charlie Clifford thought about tonight's game.  

Why be a downer about someone sharing an opinion tweet after the second preseason game of the year?  I mean, there's plenty of posts to criticize, but c'mon....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Blindside said:

 

Not sure that bodes well for him tbh. If he really is the future #2, You dont play him

in the last few minutes of garbage time in a preseason game. I feel Ehlinger may

have done enough against the ones to make it a draw this game.  I could be wrong

but why play Eason if he had done enough. 

You play Eason because it’s clear now that he’s moved into the second spot behind Wentz.   But he still definitely needs reps.  And while pre-season is just pre-season,  Eason needs all the reps he can get.  Seriously. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

If Reich keeps splitting reps neither QB will get it going. Wentz has to be back by week one.

 

 

Exactly what I'm saying. They need more tape on Eason.  Though Reich said qb battle would probably go through the 3 preseason game. So who knows. Eason isnt exactly slaying dragons against 3s and 4s. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Why be a downer about someone sharing an opinion tweet after the second preseason game of the year?  I mean, there's plenty of posts to criticize, but c'mon....

 

I let the first 500 tweet posts go without a comment.  I couldn't possibly care less what Indy media folks think about football.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Blindside said:

Exactly what I'm saying. They need more tape on Eason.  Though Reich said qb battle would probably go through the 3 preseason game. So who knows. Eason isnt exactly slaying dragons against 3s and 4s. 

I wondered why no one pointed out the bolded after using it against Ehlinger game 1...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • NFLfan locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...