2021 Preseason Game #2: Colts at Vikings, Saturday, Aug. 21st, 8pm ET

NFLfan

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jvan1973 said:

I don't think they game plan for preseason games 

Well if that's true, pretty silly IMO.

You might be right though, because our play selection tonight looks pretty bad.... lol... 

How we could look so efficient last week, and horrible this week.... 

36 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

Agreed, he has been one of the few positives on offense. From media reports, he has been nailing down the LT position the past 2 weeks. 

You can also see the pressure from the left increase as soon as Davenport left the game to make way for the others. If Fisher isn’t ready, they should start the season with Davenport, IMO.

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Last week I saw a article how they used a spread offense similiar to what Eason would of done in college. Where is Patmon and Strachan. Granson looks terrible.

Yup, the personnel packages didn't help either QB. 

The dink and dunk vs a D playing tight isn't helping either.

6 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

At least Sam moved the ball 3 times got into field goal range out of 4 drives Eason is 3 drives in can’t even get a first down going against 3rd stringers . Sam played against the ones and moved the ball 

Oh boy, here come the armchair gms and hcs, ocs, and QB coaches lol..... Not saying you're wrong.... But this is gonna be a long week. 

4 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

Gransen just hasn’t looked good at all. I hope he can settle into this level. I remember Hines struggled in his first couple of preseason games. But Gransen worries me.

He had hands issues in college too.

In college, they used him as a vertical target, more or less like an X WR. He actually converted from WR BTW.

Seems we're using him more like we used Burton last year (shallow crosser guy).... Like a big slot. 

6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Looks like the tweaks to the D scheme may have paid off vs the run for MN. 

On O, personally I'd be more concerned with the OL situation than QB situation. 

I think we reached a point where both OL & QB hurt each other and the offense overall, especially when playing against winning teams or good defenses. 

Cousins has ONLY ONE win each season against teams finishing that season with winning records in 2018, 2019 and 2020. He'd rack up stats against equally bad or worse teams or once the game is out of hand against Good teams. 

Tired of everything by now, will be same story this season. 

Good luck with Wentz, would like to see him healthy and see if he can recreate the magic of 2017 season he had with Frank Reich. I loved his play that year and all those games until he over-eagerly went for a end zone rush and Tore his ACL. He has not been the same ever since, maybe this year. 

Archived