Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Preseason Game #2: Colts at Vikings, Saturday, Aug. 21st, 8pm ET

NFLfan

Your Indianapolis Colts face the Minnesota Vikings in Minneapolis Saturday night. It  is an important game for both teams, as this is the second of only three preseason games before the regular season starts. Most starters will play a bit.

Colts QBs Sam Ehlinger and Jacob Eason will continue to battle it out to be Carson Wentz's backup. Will this game determine who wins the backup job?

I am interested to see how the Vikings OL fares against the Colts young but dominant DL. I heard on a podcast today that if we double-team Buckner, we will Paye. haha

Which players are you excited to see? I'm just excited to have football back. :)

Enjoy the game! No injuries.

Jonathan Taylor Touchdown GIF by Indianapolis Colts

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

No. We won’t get one until the week of the first game I believe. 

So is there a way to know who was even practicing this week? Because we still don't have Kelly and Leonard, and obviously no Q or Wentz, but I'm very curious about several other guys as well. For actual starters we are getting back, can i expect JT, TY, Doyle, Braden, Glow, Pitt, Hines, Moore, Willis, Blackmon, Rhodes, Buck, Stewart, AQM, Oke, plus anyone else? 

38 minutes ago, life long said:

So is there a way to know who was even practicing this week? Because we still don't have Kelly and Leonard, and obviously no Q or Wentz, but I'm very curious about several other guys as well. For actual starters we are getting back, can i expect JT, TY, Doyle, Braden, Glow, Pitt, Hines, Moore, Willis, Blackmon, Rhodes, Buck, Stewart, AQM, Oke, plus anyone else? 

Kevin Bowen has a article everyday after training camp. At the bottom he lists who didn’t practice and for what reason.  If you go to 1070 fan website they are all on there.  Leonard has been practicing over a week now.

I don’t think we will see much of guys like Buckner, Leonard, Moore, TY, Doyle for the game tonight. If they play it will be very little. They don’t need it.

@Shive @stitches @EastStreet @danlhart87 @chad72

Will you be watching today? I know you guys follow the draft. Of the Vikings rookies, Patrick Jones and Janorius Robinson seem to be most impressive in Vikings camp. The guard from Ohio State (Wyatt Davis) has looked good too.  Darrisaw has been hurt; so, Vikings fans are still waiting to see what he brings.

Kellen Mond has been in Mike Zimmer's doghouse but I am interested to see how he develops. Seems like a career backup. :( The Vikings need to draft a top QB. Our schedule is brutal -- we play the AFC North and the NFC West. Maybe we can get a top 5 draft pick?? haha

Good luck today. Enjoy the game.

hank williams jr football GIF

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

@Shive @stitches @EastStreet @danlhart87 @chad72

Will you be watching today? I know you guys follow the draft. Of the Vikings rookies, Patrick Jones and Janorius Robinson seem to be most impressive in Vikings camp. The guard from Ohio State (Wyatt Davis) has looked good too.  Darrisaw has been hurt; so, Vikings fans are still waiting to see what he brings.

Kellen Mond has been in Mike Zimmer's doghouse but I am interested to see how he develops. Seems like a career backup. :( The Vikings need to draft a top QB. Our schedule is brutal -- we play the AFC North and the NFC West. Maybe we can get a top 5 draft pick?? haha

Good luck today. Enjoy the game.

hank williams jr football GIF

Was never a fan of the Mond pick, but you never know. I had high hopes for him early in college, but just never seemed to put it all together. I personally would not have taken him early in the 3rd like they did.

Darrisaw will be fine in time, and I think Davis will be at least a solid depth guy on the OL. Aside from Darrisaw, my favorite pick for MN was Surratt. I think he'll need a year or so, but IMO he'll be starter by year 3. High ceiling guy who is just starting to learn the position. Could end up being a huge steal. 

I also like Bynum. I think Cal played him out of position due to need, and think MN is doing the right thing moving him to S. I could see him being decent at either S position or NB. I think he would have been available in later rounds though. They obviously liked him enough to grab him in the 4th though.

And... Oh yeah, I'll be watching. 

So glad I live in Indianapolis because all games are shown here, either on CBS or Fox. I missed the first game and just seen highlights, I will watch this one though. Interested to see how a lot of our starters do. Hopefully Nelson and Wentz will be back in week 1, that is looking good right now last I heard.

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So glad I live in Indianapolis because all games are shown here, either on CBS or Fox. I missed the first game and just seen highlights, I will watch this one though. Interested to see how a lot of our starters do. Hopefully Nelson and Wentz will be back in week 1, that is looking good right now last I heard.

Feel the same about living in the Pocket 

WEHT/WTVW show every Colts, Bears, and Titans games not on a major network during the preseason  

for example

WTVW is showing Chicago vs Buffalo this afternoon then Tennessee vs TB tonight while    
 WEHT is showing Indianapolis vs Minnesota 

WEHT/WTVW also shows the Weekly and pre game shows too

WTVW is a CW affiliated station owned by Nexstar while WEHT is an ABC affiliated station owned by Nexstar

21 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Was never a fan of the Mond pick, but you never know. I had high hopes for him early in college, but just never seemed to put it all together. I personally would not have taken him early in the 3rd like they did.

Darrisaw will be fine in time, and I think Davis will be at least a solid depth guy on the OL. Aside from Darrisaw, my favorite pick for MN was Surratt. I think he'll need a year or so, but IMO he'll be starter by year 3. High ceiling guy who is just starting to learn the position. Could end up being a huge steal. 

I also like Bynum. I think Cal played him out of position due to need, and think MN is doing the right thing moving him to S. I could see him being decent at either S position or NB. I think he would have been available in later rounds though. They obviously liked him enough to grab him in the 4th though.

And... Oh yeah, I'll be watching. 

Thank you. Yeah, I was displeased with the Mond pick. I was hoping we would move up for Fields or @danlhart87's guy (Jones). Every team in the NFC North has drafted franchise QBs except us. I think Denny Green (RIP) was still the head coach when we drafted a QB that worked out for us and even he did not last long (Culpepper). I liked Teddy but unfortunately, he got hurt and it did not work out. We drafted Ponder and Tavaris Jackson (RIP) but they too were bad picks. :(  We need you to draft us a QB. 

I have not followed camp too closely but I have not heard much about Bynum. I will be watching today. Hopefully Gamepass works for me.

I like preseason because it is a sign that the regular season is approaching. I want to post this when the season starts

1751370829_2017-07-2319_03_21.thumb.jpg.89b86e5e9268dbd702b7d9d4f769863a.jpg

(Brothers and SISTERS. Women love football too. :) )

Just now, NFLfan said:

Thank you. Yeah, I was displeased with the Mond pick. I was hoping we would move up for Fields or @danlhart87's guy (Jones). Every team in the NFC North has drafted franchise QBs except us. I think Denny Green (RIP) was still the head coach when we drafted a QB that worked out for us and even he did not last long (Culpepper). I liked Teddy but unfortunately, he got hurt and it did not work out. We drafted Ponder and Tavaris Jackson (RIP) but they too were bad picks. :(  We need you to draft us a QB. 

I have not followed camp too closely but I have not heard much about Bynum. I will be watching today. Hopefully Gamepass works for me.

I like preseason because it is a sign that the regular season is approaching. I want to post this when the season starts

Look at the bright side you have this guy The Original Series GIF by Star Trek

8 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Ponder was a bust but Jackson wasn’t really a bad pick just a gamble that didn’t work

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I just looked at your unofficial depth chart. Both Surratt (WILL) and Bynum (FS) are #2s on the depth chart.  Not bad at all for mid and late round picks. I have to admit, was surprised to see Bynum already at #2. 

Do you not live in either Minne or Indy market (and able to get the game on local). 

Just now, EastStreet said:

I just looked at your unofficial depth chart. Both Surratt (WILL) and Bynum (FS) are #2s on the depth chart.  Not bad at all for mid and late round picks. I have to admit, was surprised to see Bynum already at #2. 

Do you not live in either Minne or Indy market (and able to get the game on local). 

I live in NY.

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Bynum (FS) are #2s on the depth chart

Thanks. It shows you that I have not been following much. I have not heard much about Bynum. There is some talk about Surratt, but Jones, Mond and Janorius Robinson are those the fans are talking about most.

It is good that Bynum and Surratt are both doing well and will be expected to contribute. I believe in building through the draft. (I am a fan of Ballard. I don't like signing high-priced free agents.)

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Thanks. It shows you that I have not been following much. I have not heard much about Bynum. There is some talk about Surratt, but Jones, Mond and Janorius Robinson are those the fans are talking about most.

It is good that Bynum and Surratt are both doing well and will be expected to contribute. I believe in building through the draft. (I am a fan of Ballard. I don't like signing high-priced free agents.)

IIRC Mond, Jones, or Robinson were all bottom or near bottom of the depth chart. Robinson though intrigued me during the draft. I think there were a lot of questions about his consistency and/or motor. Physically, pretty sure he checked the RAS boxes.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

ah. Well, if you have family or friends in MN, you should check out getting a Slingbox. It's legal, and how I beam the games to me from Indy. I've also listened a lot on Tunein, which as far as I know, is legal.

I have a cousin there; otherwise I have no ties to Minnesota. I was in undergraduate school in Upstate NY when I began following football. I believe that was also the year the Giants won the Super Bowl. I did not want to root for a local team. I just chose the Vikings. I liked the brilliant catches of Cris Carter and the greatness of John Randle. I also liked the uniforms. 

21 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

IIRC Mond, Jones, or Robinson were all bottom or near bottom of the depth chart. Robinson though intrigued me during the draft. I think there were a lot of questions about his consistency and/or motor. Physically, pretty sure he checked the RAS boxes.

We need a backup QB. Mond is actually the best of all those in camp. Fans and the media also talk about him because he did not get vaccinated and he got sick. That caused all the QBs but one to sit out for almost a week. That is one reason he is in Zimmer's doghouse.

Last week no starters played. Jones and many on the OL played well. Jones has looked good all camp, according to those following closely. 

Note: Sorry. I probably should not have written this about Mond. Let's not talk of COVID/vaccinations/etc. It is too polarizing. Thank you.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

We need a backup QB. Mond is actually the best of all those in camp. Fans and the media also talk about him because he did not get vaccinated and he got sick. That caused all the QBs but one to sit out for almost a week. That is one reason he is in Zimmer's doghouse.

Last week no starters played. Jones and many on the OL played well. Jones has looked good all camp, according to those following closely. 

Good way to get in the doghouse with everyone 

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I have a cousin there; otherwise I have no ties to Minnesota. I was in undergraduate school in Upstate NY when I began following football. I believe that was also the year the Giants won the Super Bowl. I did not want to root for a local team. I just chose the Vikings. I liked the brilliant catches of Cris Carter and the greatness of John Randle. I also liked the uniforms. 

Purple has always been my favorite color and when Bud Grant was leading the team the “Purple People Eaters” were becoming a dominant force in the NFC.  I almost chose them as my favorite team, but the Colts were expected to win the Super Bowl that year in ‘69 so I chose the Colts (ugh!!).

12 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Purple has always been my favorite color and when Bud Grant was leading the team the “Purple People Eaters” were becoming a dominant force in the NFC.  I almost chose them as my favorite team, but the Colts were expected to win the Super Bowl that year in ‘69 so I chose the Colts (ugh!!).

Did you consider choosing the Giants, Eagles or Jets when you were choosing a team?  Were you in Southern NJ? There are many Colts fans in NJ. 

3 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Drivers License Feel Sorry GIF by Olivia Rodrigo
to all out of market fans 

Psh I got GamePass to use, for all the game!

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

So far it Gamepass has been working for me today, with the bears game, I just had to keep logging back in. 

Archived