Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Preseason Game #2: Colts at Vikings, Saturday, Aug. 21st, 8pm ET


NFLfan
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Truth.

 

 

Tend to agree, but don't want to appear too invested into outcomes here. Eason has looked very raw today and think giving Sam the start might have been a part of the issue. But it is what it is. Preseason. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Man, the play calls with Eason feel a lot like what ever seen called for qbs like Brissett in the regular season....just the overall scope of the routes, rhythms, pass/run ratio and when they're called... Just feels more like a Reich/sirianni/Brissett offense, even little bit of rivers game calls mixed in........ But more what Reich did when JB played under center than anything else. 

 

The called when Sam is in aren't bad, they just feel different from Reich offenses we've seen that past few years. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Shafty138 said:

Man, the play calls with Eason feel a lot like what ever seen called for qbs like Brissett in the regular season....just the overall scope of the routes, rhythms, pass/run ratio and when they're called... Just feels more like a Reich/sirianni/Brissett offense, even little bit of rivers game calls mixed in........ But more what Reich did when JB played under center than anything else. 

 

The called when Sam is in aren't bad, they just feel different from Reich offenses we've seen that past few years. 

Looks like FR Taylor’s his O to his QB

 

sign of a good coach

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Well if that's true, pretty silly IMO.

You might be right though, because our play selection tonight looks pretty bad.... lol... 

 

How we could look so efficient last week, and horrible this week.... 

 

They are looking for things that mean more to the regular season.     In the peyton days we would go 0-4 in the preseason regularly 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

imo Eason is the wrong offense.  He is a west coast QB trying to fit in here and I am just not

sure I see it.  He tries to play way above his talent level.  I feel he will be a journeyman in 

the nfl. I hope Im wrong because I am pulling for the guy but sometimes this what you get when

you draft on potential.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Blindside said:

imo Eason is the wrong offense.  He is a west coast QB trying to fit in here and I am just not

sure I see it.  He tries to play way above his talent level.  I feel he will be a journeyman in 

the nfl. I hope Im wrong because I am pulling for the guy but sometimes this what you get when

you draft on potential.

That goes back to Reich. A good coach can develop a plan to the QB strength. He hasn’t done a good job tonight.

 

 

Davenport back at LT.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

That goes back to Reich. A good coach can develop a plan to the QB strength. He hasn’t done a good job tonight.

 

 

Davenport back at LT.

Viking announcers just said Ehlinger is a better option going into the season because he can run the ball.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • NFLfan locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • To me with QBs it's kind of a binary proposition - if you hit, it doesn't matter what it costs, it's a huge success... and if you don't hit - again - it doesn't matter what it costs - it's a failure.    I also don't believe the destiny for most QBs is predetermined. I think there is some chunk of QBs that will succeed no matter what, no matter the situation(pretty much Luck types) and then there are some that will fail no matter what(don't have the physical and/or mental abilities to push through difficult times and development)... BUT IMO there is a BIG chunk of QBs that have wide range of outcomes that are dependent on their environment and the culture in the organization they end up in. This means that a lot of the players we are counting as busts, IMO in a different situation might have ended up different QBs. And if there is something Ballard and Reich have managed to ace IMO it's the culture and structure aspect of running this franchise. IMO we have one of the stronger organizations in that aspect in the league and I like Frank as a QB coach. In essence, I trust in  this coach and this situation to be able to develop a QB more than most in the league. And again - there is no guarantee, but I feel like the Jordan Love's, Justin Fields, Trey Lance's, Malik Willis' of the world would have a good shot to succeed in this environment. 
    • From the practices sessions and breakdowns have been reading it seems Wesley French has been winning and holding his own.  Knew he had a high RAS and 81" wing span and was one of my favorite UDFA players.  Keeping French as the backup Center makes a lot of sense to me with Pinter earning starter play at RG.  Will Fries has done nothing to impress and even Smith is having some troubles at RT, again what I have read posted good/bad from practice sessions.  Matt Pryor has been doing well but still a lot of backup OL players needing to step up imo.
    • Reich said they may hold a few guys out.  I think you won’t see much or any of Taylor, Buckner, maybe Gilmore.  Guys they know will be fine and you are taking a bigger risk with injury than it’s worth.  Even if he returns to action before the end of the pre-season I doubt you see Leonard.     id say you won’t see Nelson or Kelly but if Matt Ryan is out there (and he needs to be) I think the whole starting line is out there.  
    • Did any women make civil or criminal complaints against Kraft?  
    • That's why he probably has not been able to stick with  a team. Sure he gets 10 sacks  but man at that weight how can we expect him to be good  against the run? I mean a good TE could stone wall him lol.
  • Members

    • Solid84

      Solid84 729

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • C0LT5

      C0LT5 77

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • jshipp23

      jshipp23 400

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Jared Cisneros

      Jared Cisneros 5,178

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Zoltan

      Zoltan 1,662

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...