Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp Day 11-8/10

Restinpeacesweetchloe

52 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

And having 100 million in the bank is a pretty good reason. Why go out and get beat up when he can sit back and enjoy life.

He didn’t have $100 mill in the bank. 

He made $100 mill in salary.   So that’s before taxes and living.    So odds are, he’s got maybe half that.    At best.   Maybe. 

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Or maybe he had no injury and it was in his head. The fact the colts could not figure out what was wrong says it all. 

Just because no Dr can figure out doesnt mean it isnt real. I had Drs testing and trying to figure out what I was sick with last Jan/Feb and never could get a precise diagnosis. Also couldnt figure out coughing up blood, or what was causing pain in my side so bad I wasnt able to walk around and was throwing up. Sometimes the issue is so specific a Dr may not ever think to test for it

I think the good news for the colts is Sam n

and Eason don’t look overwhelmed. They both are handling it nicely. Eason is also almost 24 years old. Seems that maturity and not being so young will help him a lot. Then Sam has a ton of experience. It could be really bad and these guys could be looking like they can’t handle it but they are handling it fine.

24 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

He didn’t have $100 mill in the bank. 

He made $100 mill in salary.   So that’s before taxes and living.    So odds are, he’s got maybe half that.    At best.   Maybe. 

I believe he’s  pretty good at investments so he may have close to that. 

1 hour ago, Boondoggle said:

We will see.  I have nothing against Eason but the signs are there.

The Colts had a full year's look at him through camp in 2020 and the season.  When a team is impressed by a young signal caller you can read their take in their decision making.  Example would be the Chiefs trading a solid veteran QB to make room for second year Mahomes.  But the Colts went and traded for Wentz, which comes with some risk too on the injury front.

Fast forward to camp and quotes get out that Eason is slower in his processing than the rookie QB.  Which is very bad, given that he's been in this offense a full year before him.  And now they're looking at said rookie QB.

Signs are all there my man.  But I'm not here to stir things up, just offering my take cheers.

KC also made that commitment when they traded up to get Mahomes early in the draft.  Trading Smith was a simple completion of the total thought, not really a sign of anything.

Sam has started every game for 3 years and has led some fanastic 2 minute drills in that time.  He's unfamiliar with the offense, but he's about as prepared as any rookie QB can ever be at this point in TC.  Probably a high floor for him now.  We'll see where his ceiling is.  And that could take a while to reach as long as he has the physical tools to keep him on the roster.

1 hour ago, Boondoggle said:

We will see.  I have nothing against Eason but the signs are there.

The Colts had a full year's look at him through camp in 2020 and the season.  When a team is impressed by a young signal caller you can read their take in their decision making.  Example would be the Chiefs trading a solid veteran QB to make room for second year Mahomes.  But the Colts went and traded for Wentz, which comes with some risk too on the injury front.

Fast forward to camp and quotes get out that Eason is slower in his processing than the rookie QB.  Which is very bad, given that he's been in this offense a full year before him.  And now they're looking at said rookie QB.

Signs are all there my man.  But I'm not here to stir things up, just offering my take cheers.

Yea your spot on. Things might get ugly for Eason in live action. 

4 hours ago, AddaiStillTruckedYou said:

I have always been behind Rock, and still pushing for him.  At this point, we may have to come to terms that he just isn't that good.  Can't keep beating a horse to make it go fast, when it's already going as fast as it can go.  I hope though by some miracle he balls out fairly soon and keeps it consistent.  He's one of the hardest workers we have, and I like that in any player

Yep, I am a wrestling man and wanted it bad for him and our well cult.  Just don’t look like he’s fast enough.

I wonder if they’d think about looking at him at safety.  He might be good there with his tackling ability.

9 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

It’s called fighting for your job lol. He could go wilted.

For splitting reps in 1 practice? That he may have already been aware was going to happen today beforehand? 

I’m confident that he wouldn’t have been drafted by Ballard if this is all it took to make him give up.

This is a juicy nugget. Don’t take it as truth just take it what it is.

I am listening to the stampede blue podcast. One of the hosts was at a event. He was told by someone he trusts that inside the colts organization they said after a year seeing Eason he can’t read a defense to save his life. Lol. That Elinger was more probable to win the backup job. I have a hard time believing this. 

8 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I am listening to the stampede blue podcast. One of the hosts was at a event. He was told by someone he trusts that inside the colts organization they said after a year seeing Eason he can’t read a defense to save his life. Lol. That Elinger was more probable to win the backup job. I have a hard time believing this. 

No you don’t, that’s why you ran here to post it ASAP

10 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Wouldn't bother me 

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

I said take it for what it’s worth. It very well could be because he hasn’t played a lot of football bur I have a hard time thinking someone said it that way. 

Chloe, you had no issues believing it when someone said a player told them Ehlinger wasn't making the ball club or wasn't capable of being backup, or something along those lines. The source was equally as sketchy.

It all won't matter. The coaches are very capable and trustworthy, they'll pick the right man. We can just guess, we don't see anything they see.

4 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

Chloe, you had no issues believing it when someone said a player told them Ehlinger wasn't making the ball club or wasn't capable of being backup, or something along those lines. The source was equally as sketchy.

It all won't matter. The coaches are very capable and trustworthy, they'll pick the right man. We can just guess, we don't see anything they see.

Huh. I don’t even remember reading a tweet about that 

edit ok I remenber that tweet but never ever said I believed it it lol. I just passed on info. Never even commented on it.

If you don’t like my tweet just move along. I am sick and tired of the snark from proper on here. It’s not funny and it’s childish. This is the crap that makes me want to quit posting.

51 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

So after watching him a year they decided to wait until the seventh round to draft a QB who can read defenses and then decide to install Eason as the backup to start training camp anyway.  Now that makes a lot of sense.  This is what it is total nonsense.  Stampede Blue spreading gossip and here say.  Very disappointed in them for going down the “ The Enquirer “ path of putting out information.  I never thought they would go there.   But they apparently did.  Sad.

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

So after watching him a year they decided to wait until the seventh round to draft a QB who can read defenses and then decide to install Eason as the backup to start training camp anyway.  Now that makes a lot of sense.  This is what it is total nonsense.  Stampede Blue spreading gossip and here say.  Very disappointed in them for going down the “ The Enquirer “ path of putting out information.  I never thought they would go there.   But they apparently did.  Sad.

The way I posted that was exactly how he put it too. This is my guess if it actually happened. Probably went along the lines the kid has played very few games and needs to learn how to read a nfl defense. The way he put it they were making fun of him. I don’t see colt sources making fun of one of their players.

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

The way I posted that was exactly how he put it too. This is my guess if it actually happened. Probably went along the lines the kid has played very few games and needs to learn how to read a nfl defense. The way he put it they were making fun of him. I don’t see colt sources making fun of one of their players.

I don’t either.  They are a source we turn to that supports our team.  What they put out was anything but that.  Very disappointed in them for doing so. 

2 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

I don’t think it’s a juicy nugget I think it’s an unsubstantiated rumor they are throwing out to get attention.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t think it’s a juicy nugget I think it’s an unsubstantiated rumor they are throwing them out to get attention.

That’s why I said just take it for what it is. Just like the one the other day about the players saying no way Sam starts. They put there little spin on things that probably stretched the truth.  Personally I think it makes it fun to hear stuff like that. Just gets a conversation going. I just take them with a grain of salt.

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

That’s why I said just take it for what it is. Just like the one the other day about the players saying no way Sam starts. They put there little spin on things that probably stretched the truth.  Personally I think it makes it fun to hear stuff like that. Just gets a conversation going. I just take them with a grain of salt.

It’s not fun if it’s just made up gossip presented as news which is what I think this is.

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?

Excuse me?   Wasn't hurt?

Yeah, wasn't hurt.  You don't agree that's fine, but the guy had just won comeback player of the year, was going to start lots more games in the league, he would have been good to go, and didn't want to.  He didn't want to get hurt AGAIN.  he wasn't debilitated at the time.... He rehabbed, and then decided it sucked and be was done.  No biggie.  I don't do lots of stuff because the physical toll isn't worth it, I imagine Luck feels the same way.

49 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Huh. I don’t even remember reading a tweet about that 

edit ok I remenber that tweet but never ever said I believed it it lol. I just passed on info. Never even commented on it.

If you don’t like my tweet just move along. I am sick and tired of the snark from proper on here. It’s not funny and it’s childish. This is the crap that makes me want to quit posting.

Oh heck, you ARE Chloe.... I made a post a week or so ago about not seeing you and Chloe post in the same thread, I thought it was just a joke that your frenetic posting pace and anxious posts were very similar!  I thought it was too much to be coincidence lol

19 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

If you ever spent substantial amounts of time with these guys, there are more than a few that will give honest opinions on all kinds of things, including teammates.  They're normal people, just like you and I, and they'll talk about co-workers they might find annoying, lacking, or they just plain don't like, just like we do.  It never shocked me when they did, and that was the heyday of the Colts "straight edge good guys only" PR era.

11 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

It’s really no different then all the rumors we hear about FA or the draft.

People are just more touchy because it's a bit of QB PTSD, and fatigue, colts fans are still not really accepting that it can take a long time to find a solid stable QB.... It's only been a few years and they react sorely to stressfully or controversial QB news....and it's kind of a big deal, their hitching their level of "enjoyment" and how much they can look forward to Sundays and all the fun of the week leading up to them....for months, to the health of one guy, and the ability of his backups.... 

That's why it's hitting different with every bit of controversy or news this time around with the QB....

11 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

People are just more touchy because it's a bit of QB PTSD, and fatigue, colts fans are still not really accepting that it can take a long time to find a solid stable QB.... It's only been a few years and they react sorely to stressfully or controversial QB news....and it's kind of a big deal, their hitching their level of "enjoyment" and how much they can look forward to Sundays and all the fun of the week leading up to them....for months, to the health of one guy, and the ability of his backups.... 

That's why it's hitting different with every bit of controversy or news this time around with the QB....

I think everyone is just tired of the QB drama. Hopefully Wentz is back by game two and plays well.  At some point this bad luck has to end. 

Archived