Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp Day 11-8/10

Restinpeacesweetchloe

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Captain_Colts1317 said:

What if Fisher, Nelson, and Wentz all started week 1? The media would lose their minds! 

It will be "Are the Colts risking their stars health? Are Reich and Ballard putting their careers before those of their players?" 

1 minute ago, stitches said:

It will be "Are the Colts risking their stars health? Are Reich and Ballard putting their careers before that of their players?" 

You know how the media game works!

Gotta get those clicks and generate engagement

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

It will be "Are the Colts risking their stars health? Are Reich and Ballard putting their careers before that of their players?" 

You know how it is.

If they don't start, it will be "don't they care about winning games???"

If they do start, it will be "don't they care about their players' health???"

When it could be "they made a decision; let's see how it plays out."

4 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

It seems huge that Wentz and Nelson have nothing on their feet and show no limp. The fact they are even walking on their foot just seems big.

If they start running in the next 2 weeks that would be great. I’d say that’s the timeline for a week 1 start.

Excitement is returning after that flurry of injuries!

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Today’s training camp practice seemed to have a lot more juice. Reich mentioned this in his presser. Players seemed to step up all around today.

That's because the "Juice" is back on the  field.  He is one of the leaders on this team.  His impact is felt on both sides of the ball.

28 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

Depth chart is interesting. They like Strachan.  Ya-Sin looks more and more like a miss. However, every team needs solid backups. He would be trustworthy in a pinch.

From what I’ve read, Ya-Sin has had a good camp.   I just think Carrie has had a very good camp.   Way, way too early to make a judgement on Rock.   We haven’t even played a pre-season game yet….

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

From what I’ve read, Ya-Sin has had a good camp.   I just think Carrie has had a very good camp.   Way, way too early to make a judgement on Rock.   We haven’t even played a pre-season game yet….

Didn't Carrie miss most of it with COVID? Or am I misremembering? 

50 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

He's taller than Russel Wilson and Drew Brees. Height didn't seem to lessen their impact on the league.

There are always exceptions to the rule.  Besides we really don’t know his true height.  Athletes numbers are often inflated.  His numbers could be.  Late round picks are late for a reason.  I don’t remember.  What rounds were Wilson and Brees picked?

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

There are always exceptions to the rule.  Besides we really don’t know his true height.  Athletes numbers are often inflated.  His numbers could be.  Late round picks are late for a reason.  I don’t remember.  What rounds were Wilson and Brees picked?

Brees was second round an Wilson 3rd I believe.

1 hour ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

He's taller than Russel Wilson and Drew Brees. Height didn't seem to lessen their impact on the league.

True, but both those QBs can launch the ball downfield.  Not sure if Sam can do that.  Regardless, I love the competition!

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

He’s listed at 6’1”.   I’ve never read anything that says he’s not at least 6’0”.   That’s what Brees was.   Wilson is 5’10” and 5/8.

Sam is tall enough. 

21 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Campbell behind pascal on the depth chart is interesting.

I'm not surprised at all. Pascal has been consistently solid in everything you could ask from a WR and has earned the spot above Campbell.  I think we'll see both of them playing roughly equal passing game snaps, with Pascal getting most running game snaps. A Campbell breakout could also change that up a bit too.

I don't see the controversy with the QBs.  It has nothing to do with Eason, IMO.  Sam has to be rewarded.  Because you give Sam reps does not also mean you're taking them away from Eason per se, there is only one spot and SE has earned some time.  Its not charity, he's earned time but you can only play one at a time.

There is no real competition.  They are going to stay with Eason long enough to where he will have to prove to them on the field that he can't process fast enough.  And Wentz will be back by then.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

He’s listed at 6’1”.   I’ve never read anything that says he’s not at least 6’0”.   That’s what Brees was.   Wilson is 5’10” and 5/8.

Sam is tall enough. 

Wish him luck.  He was late round for a reason.  Being short is just another disadvantage.  

I think Sam was officially measured at his pro day at 6' 1.5, about 215/220.  Not great but big enough for a mobile QB.  9.75 inch hands, which is very good.  He didn't do anything else there.  

I'm not going to make any predictions, but the amount of write-off disrespect he has gotten pre draft and beyond by media and everybody is simply laughable.  Some sort of blind spot or bias.

Look at his PASSING stats and his QBRs.  My Gawd.  I know he will probably struggle with the long ball and the modeling of what an NFL QB should be does not support him much, but how do so many so quickly right off a QB who posts those numbers for three years and is 6.15, 215 with 9.75 inch hands.  Geez.

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

I don't see the controversy with the QBs.  It has nothing to do with Eason, IMO.  Sam has to be rewarded.  Because you give Sam reps does not also mean you're taking them away from Eason per se, there is only one spot and SE has earned some time.  Its not charity, he's earned time but you can only play one at a time.

There is no real competition.  They are going to stay with Eason long enough to where he will have to prove to them on the field that he can't process fast enough.  And Wentz will be back by then.

Agree.  SE has earned his time with the one’s.  There is no real competition.  I think Eason will have to look awful in the preseason not to start the regular season.  I have a feeling Wentz is going to be ready anyways.  

38 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Your right. A whole lot of time left to go. 

Archived