Restinpeacesweetchloe

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Is surgery and prognosis out 5-12 weeks be news coming soon? Lol

I doubt it, right? haha

Smith also had his foot wrapped.

I said last week.   Look at the shoe science.  Somebody may have screwed up the engineering.

18 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

No fun league strikes again.

Not really. The taunting in the league on a play by play basis is non sense. Glad they are cracking down and I hope they stick to it and not be inconsistent with it.

24 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Wish him luck.  He was late round for a reason.  Being short is just another disadvantage.  

Sure, being short is not an advantage.  But he’s not small.  He’s at least 220.   

The key is, Sam has other qualities that Jacob wishes he had.   Reading defenses.  Leadership.  Sometimes you find a player whose total is more than the sum if his parts. It doesn’t add up, and yet the guy wins.

The question becomes, can Sams intangibles translate to the NFL game?    

6 minutes ago, w87r said:

Not really. The taunting in the league on a play by play basis is non sense. Glad they ate cracking down and I hope they stick to it and not be inconsistent with it.

Agreed, this is supposed to be an entertaining show the NFL puts on every week.  Its most entertaining when fans can concentrate on the flow of the game, the structure of the game,.....what just happened and how it fits into the game and the next play...

Watching precision being executed professionally within the structure of a game is entertaining.  To then have that flow disrupted by a bunch of jabber, gestures, and finger pointing makes me feel like I'm watching some backyard macho contest or the WWE. 

I'm not paying squat to watch players squabble like trashy neighbors.

Sorry for the strong view but the NFL really needs to understand how stuff like that changes the game as a viewable product. 

15 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Something encouraging with Eason today was him hitting 9 different receivers. That tells me he is learning to go through his progressions quicker.

Brady did say that he doesn't make the same mistake twice, which is what you want.

We all know it's going to be ugly on Sunday, we just hope he gets 10% better every week.

4 hours ago, JediXMan said:

Poor Eason he’s getting dealt a % card and people are expecting him to perform well.

He's getting a fair shake into the NFL. If he can't handle this, it might be bigger than him. On some level, getting no reps for a year and now getting a less than ideal start to his showcase...could end up being exactly what he needs to motivate him. I for one think that he will be a starter in the NFL someday. How much he grows past that..... is now in his hands. 

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

If anyone wants to see the media bias watch the video in that Joel Erickson story above. He sighs when he says that Sam struggled. You could tell he hated to have to say that.

Just let it go already. To be frank, you've shown clear biases from the gitgo you know. Maybe you're not aware of it. 

At the end of the day, may the best man get the job. Heck, hopefully, if all things work out, neither man plays a minute in week 1.

1 hour ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Maybe Rock needs to be benched and see if he mans up and fixes some of his inconsistencies.

I have always been behind Rock, and still pushing for him.  At this point, we may have to come to terms that he just isn't that good.  Can't keep beating a horse to make it go fast, when it's already going as fast as it can go.  I hope though by some miracle he balls out fairly soon and keeps it consistent.  He's one of the hardest workers we have, and I like that in any player

21 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Wonder what the chances are we use Eason and Sam in game one if Wentz can’t go. 

I think the media is freaking out more about the QB then fans are.

I’m trying to be kind here…. 

But that last sentence?   No.   Not even a little bit.   Not at all.   

1 hour ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Maybe Rock needs to be benched and see if he mans up and fixes some of his inconsistencies.

Again….   What I’m reading is that Rock is playing well,  but Carrie is simply playing better.

In other words, Rock is not playing badly.   The fact that he’s 2nd string is all the motivation he should need. 

7 minutes ago, AddaiStillTruckedYou said:

I have always been behind Rock, and still pushing for him.  At this point, we may have to come to terms that he just isn't that good.  Can't keep beating a horse to make it go fast, when it's already going as fast as it can go.  I hope though by some miracle he balls out fairly soon and keeps it consistent.  He's one of the hardest workers we have, and I like that in any player

From all accounts Rock works his butt off. If he fails it will be because he just isn’t very good because he is putting  all the work in.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sure, being short is not an advantage.  But he’s not small.  He’s at least 220.   

The key is, Sam has other qualities that Jacob wishes he had.   Reading defenses.  Leadership.  Sometimes you find a player whose total is more than the sum if his parts. It doesn’t add up, and yet the guy wins.

The question becomes, can Sams intangibles translate to the NFL game?    

I disagree Season's negative are over blown by media. He is more than capable of reading defenses. He is also not as unmobile as the media portrays. He isn't losing out to Jake fromm 2.0. This time Eason is coming out on top.

3 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I disagree Season's negative are over blown by media. He is more than capable of reading defenses. He is also not as unmobile as the media portrays. He isn't losing out to Jake fromm 2.0. This time Eason is coming out on top.

I think I saw today where he had a nice side step to avoid pressure today. Things should slow down some. Expected after not playing or practicing in two years. Sam played last season and has a lot more games under him.

Archived