Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Colts Schedule Release (MERGE)

NewColtsFan

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Might be the minority but I like the tough start to the season depending on if we at least spilt with the Titans and dominate the Jags and Texans. 

There is one downfall to that. We have a new QB and new OC. It would actually be nice to have a softer start so those guys can get used to playing with each other. It helps a ton though Reich already knows Wentz so well.

I am excited for that Rams game. So many storylines with the QB.

Just now, Wentzszn said:

There is one downfall to that. We have a new QB and new OC. It would actually be nice to have a softer start so those guys can get used to playing with each other. It helps a ton though Reich already knows Wentz so well.

As long as we get a preseason, I think will be better. Just with Wentz knowing Reich already

3 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

We have 9th easiest schedule...

that is based on last year records .......  teams like 49ers lost all their pro bowlers and starting QB when healthy they are a super bowl team and the patriots re tooled heavily . teams like texans jags and jets make our schedule strength look easy but playing 10 games against playoff caliber teams is not easy

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

that is based on last year records .......  teams like 49ers lost all their pro bowlers and starting QB when healthy they are a super bowl team and the patriots re tooled heavily . teams like texans jags and jets make our schedule strength look easy but playing 10 games against playoff caliber teams is not easy

Lol I know

5 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

This is sarcastic right? Seems like a lot of talent to me

I mean, Donald is interior so that is Q and Kelly more so, not Tevi. Floyd is a mix bag

Dunlap is older, and while still good, not like he was though

Dupree coming of ACL tear, Autry could be with revenge factor

Ogbah, I really dont know/remember much there

Campbell could be, but is up there in age, and has had some injuries recently, by then could be some situation

2 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Well at least doesn't look like we'll get any cold weather games

Yeah, but with the way we play these days vs. how the Chiefs and Bills play, we might prefer cold and wind.

3 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

I can't tell either. Obviously, he should of not listed Aaron Donald and Floyd as part of that group. 

Yeah I mean obviously Donald is interior, but he’s probably the best interior in the league (sorry Buckner :( )

1 minute ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I mean, Donald is interior so that is Q and Kelly more so, not Tevi. Floyd is a mix bag

Dunlap is older, and while still good, not like he was though

Dupree coming of ACL tear, Autry could be with revenge factor

Ogbah, I really dont know/remember much there

Campbell could be, but is up there in age, and has had some injuries recently, by then could be some situation

Agree mostly. Rams are a 3-4 though. They'll put Donald on the OT plenty, especially if Tevi is staring.

I see 10 wins.    Not saying we can't or won't win more, but I think this schedule does us very few favors.   And I have no idea which teams we'll beat and which we'd lose to.    But somewhere in there,  I think we'll find 10 wins and a spot in the post-season.

10 wins,  and a playoff spot.   Hopefully our 10 wins earns an AFC South Title and some advantage in the playoffs.

For what it's worth,  NFL Networks Analytics expert, Cynthia Freeland has taken the projected 53-man rosters and run 10,000 computer simulations for every team.    She has the Colts with the 5th best AFC record with 9.8 wins.   We're behind the usual suspects, KC,  Buffalo,  Baltimore and Cleveland.    We're tied with Miami and just ahead of Tennessee.    So, those would be the 7 playoff teams.     

Here's the link to her story.    For what it's worth,  she re-does this the first week of September when more is known. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-afc-win-total-projections-ravens-browns-neck-and-neck

Just quickly looking over the schedule, I believe this is the first time since 1998 we are opening with 2 home games(23 years ago!) That was Peyton's rookie season. And I believe this will be the first Colt/patsy game without either Peyton Manning or Brady since 1997. Brutal schedule to open the season 4 of the first 5 games against playoff teams from last season. And the team we face that didn't make the playoffs last year was the Dolphins at 10-6. At least the nfl gave us extra days to get ready for the Jags after the Thursday night game against the Jest. Defense has to be ready from the get go this year.

2 minutes ago, wig said:

Pretty positive you remember wrong. 

from NFL.com

"2021 Flexible Scheduling Procedures

"Flexible scheduling" will be used in Weeks 11-18. Additionally, in Weeks 5-10, flexible scheduling may be used in no more than two weeks. In Weeks 5-17, the schedule lists the games tentatively set for Sunday Night Football on NBC. Only Sunday afternoon games are eligible to be moved to Sunday night, in which case the tentatively scheduled Sunday night game would be moved to an afternoon start time.  

For Week 18, two Saturday games and the Sunday night game will be announced no later than six days prior to January 9. The schedule does not list Saturday games or a Sunday night game in Week 18, but games with playoff implications will be moved to those time slots. Flexible scheduling ensures quality matchups in all Sunday time slots in those weeks and gives "surprise" teams a chance to play their way into primetime.  

Flexible scheduling will not be applied to games airing on Thursday or Monday nights."

11 hours ago, chickenMan said:

There’s our one prime time game for the year, folks. Hope you like the Jets on a Thursday night, because you ain’t getting anything else! 

Not so. Games with playoff implications are often moved to prime time.

Archived